The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 5

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinkTonks

TinkTonks loves her some Tom Hardy!

Part of the fun for me is arranging them on my shelves. :woot: I love when I get something new, and have to go back and move stuff around. Though I am starting to run out of space in the Batman area of my room, haha!

2. Tonymosello

Tonymosello Guardians of the Galaxy

I just got a Ra's for 16.99 on AMAZON!! I finally checked at the right time!

3. Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

agreed, i love rearranging them whenever i get something new :woot:

4. bonestockbrz

bonestockbrz Member

If anyone has an Alfred, i need one..just the piece actually.....I can't beleive i passed on him THREE separate times....grrrrrrr......It angers me because I've paid $12.79 for catwoman, bat and bane...and got Ras for $16.99.....hell, i've even got the Toys R Us 2 pack for $17.99...yes, I'm cheap.....

On a plus side, I was able to find a DC Mad Love Joker Harley 2 Pack at Toys R Us..is was hidden in the back, but i was happy....

5. Jokesonuhahaha6

Jokesonuhahaha6 Well-Known Member

My walmart has MMs down to $10! Holy cheap batman!

6. Brita21

Brita21 Well-Known Member

Hi! I was wondering if you guys have any tips on finding some of the really hard to get masters?? I call my local stores everyday to check on stock.. but im wondering if i should be going to walmart in the middle of the night or what? The hunt for them is fun and all but i'm not finding any.. All I have so far is Bane, Batman, and goggles down Catwoman

7. TinkTonks

Amazon.com

That's the only way I was able to complete my collection. :up: Just make sure you catch them when they go on sale for retail. Blake, Ra's and Catwoman (though you have one of those) are often 16.99 on there.

8. JackLucas

JackLucas Well-Known Member

Got Ra's today (pending any amazon jackassery). Hate to say it, but I hope this line is over. Mattel has managed to cock things up at every turn with their shoddy ass distribution.

Also found like 9 Bat's at a Target across town. Only bought 4 of them. One for me, one for kids, and a couple for friends.

9. MrSpace86

MrSpace86 Well-Known Member

I too am looking for the Alfred Bat-Signal piece. I have offered to trade a Ra's figure for it but no one wants to.

10. TinkTonks

More like as not, it's because the Alfred piece actually serves to turn on the signal. Ra's may be the power source, but without Alfred's piece, I don't think the bat signal will work. It's got a button on it you have to fiddle with before you operate Ra's piece.

11. JackLucas

JackLucas Well-Known Member

That and the fact that at this point, Alfred is looking to become as rare a figure as Ra's. Could end up in the long run to be the rarest of the bunch unless there is some kind of re-release.

12. Team Andino

Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

I've been looking for another Alfred to use his body and put Scarecrow's head on it to get my own Scarecrow in a suit, but at this rate I may not get to do that for quite awhile.

13. Dthai17

Dthai17 New Member

need an alfred. should have jumped on him when i saw him at target

14. TylerHaslett

TylerHaslett Well-Known Member

ra's will eventually be overstocked, just like catwoman is now. at first people were paying up to 100 for a catwoman, now they're around everywhere for retail prices. alfred however, has only increased in price with no stores getting more of him in, sadly, as its a really welly done LONG sought after figure.

15. Bluesummers

Bluesummers Well-Known Member

It's looking like Alfred will end up being the more sought-after figure, unless some case revisions come out soon. Good thing I took care of him early on.

So is Target confirmed useless from this point on? I haven't heard of ANY other figure besides Bane or Bats being sighted there, save for the occasional, "Oh, I found a Ra's and/or Blake there!" with no proof...

16. TinkTonks

I had incredible luck in finding Alfred at our local KMart. It was the only one I'd ever seen too. So if you all have any KMarts in your area, be sure to check them out. I don't recall hearing of anyone finding an Alfred at a Wal-Mart......has anyone??

17. AdamJensen

AdamJensen Kryptonian

I went to a different K-Mart out of the area today just so I could pick up Bats with the blueprints. All they had were Bats and Bane, just like all the other stores in the Bay. Still never seen Alfred or Gordon at retail out here. Only seen Cats and Blake at Fry's once. :palps:

18. Brita21

Is there a reason why Lucius doesn't have a figure for any of the movies?

19. bonestockbrz

bonestockbrz Member

Actually, target has been recieving shipments of Movie Masters...and by shipments, I mean ONE case of 4 Bats and 2 Banes every month or so and only two stores of the 6 in the ten mile radius....

yes, I am VERY Mad...

20. Brita21

Is there no hope for walmart.com or kmart.com?? Seems like they're never in stock on there.. and why the hell does target only have batman online?

21. bonestockbrz

bonestockbrz Member

100% truth....I'm soo just giving up on completing my second set....I even returned a Gordon that i was helping someone who eventually bailed on it....so sad....

22. Martybc3

Martybc3 Member

I as well found alfred at kmart :) . I have only seen 1 other at walmart. I checked like 20 stores looking for Ras and Gordon. I love the batsignal. Mine stays on for 25-30 seconds, i read somewhere that theirs for 7-10 seconds.

23. TylerHaslett

TylerHaslett Well-Known Member

i wish there were more Movie Masters coming out, as the line seems to be done with now.

However, there is STILL another 6" scale figure coming out...that Hines Ward figure by McFarlane. i want to get at least one. would be cool to get a couple, and get some other figures to switch the helmets on with a full bodied repaint to have a little Gotham Rouges section.

Anyone else planning to get it?

http://mcfarlaneonline.stores.yahoo.net/hiwagrodaknr.html

[​IMG]

24. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

I can give you an alfred figure. for a ra's/ra's piece.

25. AdamJensen

AdamJensen Kryptonian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.