The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking the same thing. Just saw an auction end yesterday for 3 sealed MM figures: Ra's, GU Cat, and Gordon for $30. That's ten bucks each!
I guess it pays to be patient. I (along with others) paid over $50 for those 3 figures in the last month or 2 ... and that was retail price! Insane!

I already own the batmobile and batwing but never found the batskiboat so this worked in my favor. I like the damaged paint job on the batmobile as it creates a nice variant for those that already have the batmobile from before.

Yeah, but it sucks for those who didn't get a chance to buy the original when it was released which is going for $125-$130 on Amazon right now. I hope they re-release it again with the original paint scheme. I don't give a damn about it not being a first release because i open these cars and display them anyhow.

This place is dying. Sad really...How is the Ra's Al Ghul hunt going? Anybody still trying to find him at brick and mortar stores? I learned my lesson from the Joker business in 08, so I'm hoping to find him at retail hopefully within the next few months. When do you guys think we'll hear news on the extension line that TRU is getting next year?

I'm complete on my line once my Ra's arrives. I haven't heard any news on further figures yet. But when they do come.. all i have to say it.. Here we go again. Unless Mattel picks up the slack and get's some way better distribution going though we still have to deal with bastard scalpers.

Just thinking the same thing. Just saw an auction end yesterday for 3 sealed MM figures: Ra's, GU Cat, and Gordon for $30. That's ten bucks each!
I guess it pays to be patient. I (along with others) paid over $50 for those 3 figures in the last month or 2 ... and that was retail price! Insane!

Damn that was a steal. I got lucky and snagged Ra's quickly on Amazon for $16.99. Worth it considering all the hunting i have been doing for him and the ridiculous prices he has been going for.

This place is dying. Sad really...How is the Ra's Al Ghul hunt going? Anybody still trying to find him at brick and mortar stores? I learned my lesson from the Joker business in 08, so I'm hoping to find him at retail hopefully within the next few months. When do you guys think we'll hear news on the extension line that TRU is getting next year?

I know...:csad: I was thinking that yesterday. The Ollies fiasco was the biggest thing to happen in the longest.

I still haven't seen a Ra's in any physical store. Then again, I have never seen a Catwoman in stores either. I actually bought Gordon and Bane in my local Wal-Mart the day after the movie came out. That's the only time I've ever seen a Gordon too. And the only Alfred I've seen was at a KMart. It was in the wrong place, but I found it anyway, haha! I was lucky and scored Blake from Amazon, Catwoman from Walmart.com and Ra's from a BBTS preorder. And while I love finally finishing the line, it just didn't seem as fulfilling as last time. Though it was certainly frustrating trying to find these things for TDK. Hell, I am still missing some. But it was such a rush to go down the action figure aisle and see something you were missing. Getting them online just really.....sucked, haha! If that makes any kind of sense......

Unlike Gotham for those 8 years all I see is Batman, I've been trying to get an extra everyone let alone my first Ra's. I imagine I've find them when I least expect it in a few months.

Makes perfect sense actually Tink. I am one of those guys who would much rather buy something in a store than order it online. Sadly, its been about the only alternative for this line. Thanks to scalpers(I'm convinced that's been the problem all along) Most everyone has had to get at least one figure from the line off the net. Oh and Drex, that's the best deal I've ever seen on ebay. I see sets like that go well over the hundred buck mark all the time. Why can't I get lucky like that? I'm actually watching a 12 inch Movie Masters Joker on ebay right now. His price is cheap, he's loose, and he comes with a gun somebody gave him. I hope I get him.

I still regret not getting that 12 Inch Movie Masters Joker when it was still on the shelves. Here's hoping they produce a Bane version. I won't hesitate this time.

I never really had the chance Shane. I'm nowhere near a TRU, and he was an exclusive. By the time he hit the aftermarket, the price was already unreal. Need to go check on him now actually. :p

Does anyone here have any spare unmasked Batmans from TDK? Or maybe that Bruce to Batman SDCC Exclusive?

Just saw a Ra's at TRU. Which makes the first figure I have seen in stores besides Batman and Bane. That is with almost 50 trips to mulitple walmarts and a Toys R Us. Although I have one,I bought it just because it was there,which is going to lead me to buy two of each. I wanted 2 of each at first,but the price of them changed that quick. Now,I think it might be easier to find being that Amazon has had Catwoman for 16.99 for some time,Blake for 16.99 at least twice a week. Only leaving that damn,elusive Alfred...and Gordon.
Thanks to whoever posted the pic of the hot wheels 89' Batmobile,Batwing,and Returns Batboat. Picked it up there as well. Awesome looking hot wheels.

I really love (not :cmad:) how there isn't a TRU within a 60 mile radius of where I live. That's kind of why I hope they don't have any more awesome MM figures out. I am tired of paying scalper eBay prices for the things I really want.

And while not totally MM related, I did put in a preorder for that Hot Toys Bane, and bought the 1/6th scale and 1/12th scale Bane statues and the bust. I just received my first full check from my new job. It was nice while it lasted lol! :o

I still regret not getting that 12 Inch Movie Masters Joker when it was still on the shelves. Here's hoping they produce a Bane version. I won't hesitate this time.

This one right? I love these 12 inch MM's. I remember the day i found them as well. Looking through the case, realizing that out of 4 jokers only x1 had the knife accessory. I thought that was a nice little chase/variant Mattel threw in on a whim. I also really dug the 12 inch Batman mattel released as well.

I'm with you on the fact that Mattel really should release a 12 inch Bane. I would snag that up really quick.

Resampled_2012-07-25_16-56-03_967-Copy.jpg

Resampled_2012-07-25_16-59-54_930-Copy.jpg

INCORRECT. That auction was very deceptive. It was for one of the items. Winner got to CHOOSE the one they wanted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-DARK...8271?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4abc29fd0f

"CHOOSE ONE

Catwoman (Goggles Up)
Ra's Al Ghul
Jim Gordon

Item up for bid is Catwoman (Up), Ra's Al Ghul, and Jim Gordon Movie Masters figure from The Dark Knight Rises.

Winning bidder gets to choose which one of the figures he/she would like to have!

All figure were bought retail and come from a smoke free home!!!"

Weeeeeeeell....that's fairly shady. :/

Does anyone here have any spare unmasked Batmans from TDK? Or maybe that Bruce to Batman SDCC Exclusive?

Well I was trying to find one on ebay but the prices on them were pretty high, like $40-50. So instead I decided to make one. I used an extra batman figure and got a survival suit bruce wayne for pretty cheap. Just pull off the heads on each and you got your self a loose Batman Unmasked. I can try taking pictures of mine if you want to see what it looks like.

does anyone have an extra crime scene evidence batman mask? Its the only one i'm missing (other than the joker mask variants).

This one right? I love these 12 inch MM's. I remember the day i found them as well. Looking through the case, realizing that out of 4 jokers only x1 had the knife accessory. I thought that was a nice little chase/variant Mattel threw in on a whim. I also really dug the 12 inch Batman mattel released as well.

I'm with you on the fact that Mattel really should release a 12 inch Bane. I would snag that up really quick.

Resampled_2012-07-25_16-56-03_967-Copy.jpg

Resampled_2012-07-25_16-59-54_930-Copy.jpg

Hey dude, you wouldn't happen to have an extra Joker out of that set would you? Doesn't matter which variant. I've been wanting one forever now.

Hi, does anyone plan to buy TDKR on DVD today? TDKR = The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1 :)
Also, Avengers came out on Bluray, 3D, DVD, & digital copy. Both Walmart and Target have exclusive discs. Not sure about TRU or Best Buy.

Daveavalanche I'm still looking for a Blake, Alfred and Gordon. Pm me

It's funny, today I walked into TRU, saw a Ra's Al Ghul, and then left. Had this happend a month ago, I would have been jumping for joy and snagged it right away. Guess this really is the end for me. Now on to the Medicom and Play Arts figures!

Man,first lucky week I've had in some time. Saw Ra's at a store yesterday. Today,drove over to Kmart and Walmart in the next state,40 minute drive Indiana to Kentucky,and found Blake at Walmart and ALFRED at kmart. I paid double for Alfred what I paid for this one. Scored s the Forever and 40's Hot Wheels as well,which I never seen in a store either. Off topic,but following the luck hit a ace on a 336 ft. disc golf hole sunday as well...if there happens to be a disc golfer around here.

Hi, does anyone plan to buy TDKR on DVD today? TDKR = The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1 :)
Also, Avengers came out on Bluray, 3D, DVD, & digital copy. Both Walmart and Target have exclusive discs. Not sure about TRU or Best Buy.

I picked up both the Blu Ray The Dark Knight Rises Part 1 for $17.99 at Target. I also picked up the Avengers combo pack 3D Blu Ray, Blu Ray, DVD, Digital Copy, Music disc and exclusive bonus disc at Target for only $19.99!

Great price for both. Apparently Target screwed up on their ad and listed a different version of the Avengers that they didn't have so they just sold their 3D blu ray combo pack for $19.99 which is the same price for the regular Blu Ray + DVD combo pack.

I had a $25 dollar Target gift card to boot so i only paid $17 for both! :yay:

Last edited:
I got TDKR at BestBuy with the DC Collectibles little figure. Pretty cool piece. Cant wait for part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"