The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRU fascinates me, given that I've only ever been twice in my life. I would love it if they put one in around here. You have to remember most of my toy experience deals with walmart, K mart, Magic Mart, and occasionally Target.

I used to love going to TRU as a kid. Getting a new toy in the Batman Animated series line was something I looked forward to every week. I've gotten some pretty good deals on games there too. They usually have a buy 2 get 1 free deal sometime in late October for games which is when I usually go there. The one in Time Square is pretty fun to visit but I think I saw the movie masters Batman marked up for 20 the last time I went there. Thats also where they had the event where I got an Arkham City game and poster signed by Kevin Conroy and Jim Lee.

Ra's came in the mail today and I finally got to complete my Bat-Signal. After closing my curtains and my door in my room I got excited for seeing my ceiling light up. It was a beautiful sight that reverted me back to my childhood.

I went to a local toysrus and found quite a few batman and bane 2 packs. I didn't buy it because they were priced at 40.99 which seems overpriced for them. No luck on any hotwheels stuff. I was hoping to get the 3 pack with burton film vehicles but no luck.

Got the HW Burton 3-pack and the BB/TDK 3-pack at TRU this AM. Also saw a 4" TDKR Batman/Bane Bank Set which was a TRU exclusive. Comes with 2 figures and 2 vehicles.

$(KGrHqF,!q8FBIS30rZlBQSFPmLze!~~60_57.JPG

I've been asked some questions on how i customized my sewer fight Bane. I can't track down the comments but i have answered some PM's on the subject. But i figured i would post it here.

Tools Needed:

X-Acto Knife
Super-Glue
Eyeglass Screwdriver

As to how to put the arms in. Carefully take an x-acto knife and carefully start to cut the seams from the sides to shoulder and neck to loosen to glue from the top portion of the torso. Carefully work the back plate off with an eyeglasses screwdriver and do the same with the bare armed Bane. Then just interchange the arms which fit perfectly into the slots and then carefully glue the back plate back on and apply pressure until the glue holds. Then you should be done beyond a whatever minor touch ups that might be needed. Hope this helps. Remember to take your time on the final Bane figure when splitting the joints and i highly recommend the x-actor knife, watch those fingers though. heh.

Your finished product should look like so.

CIMG0333_zpsada05cc3.jpg

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=42771

Found an Alfred (non mint card) today at KMart. Anyone still looking for him? Will trade for Arkham City series 1/2 or Arkham Asylum figures. PM me if interested.

Stopped by 3 walmarts yesterday; found bats and bane at all three, only other character any of the 3 had was 1 Alfred. I didn't need it but I picked it up, so now I have an extra Alfred along with the extra Gordon I already had; still looking to trade either one straight up for a goggles down Catwoman or a Ra's. PM me if you're interested.

Stopped by 3 walmarts yesterday; found bats and bane at all three, only other character any of the 3 had was 1 Alfred. I didn't need it but I picked it up, so now I have an extra Alfred along with the extra Gordon I already had; still looking to trade either one straight up for a goggles down Catwoman or a Ra's. PM me if you're interested.

Oh man, just returned both Cats yesterday as I got no responses after numerous posts. Would have loved either of those 2 guys.

Oh man, just returned both Cats yesterday as I got no responses after numerous posts. Would have loved either of those 2 guys.

Wish I'd known you were looking; I've been posting for awhile about the Gordon but just came across the Alfred yesterday and figured I'd better grab it. If you come back across the GD cat, let me know. I just don't want to be paying $25-30 for the GD cat or the Ra's if I can trade away what I already have extras of.

Target had their first restock since release date... 3x Batman, 1 each of Catwoman, Blake and Bane. Was tempted to get a Blake to keep carded but the corners were bent.

Went into the toysrus express by me today. Catwoman bats bane and a ras al ghul. I just walked away. Never thought I would do such a thing

Went into the toysrus express by me today. Catwoman bats bane and a ras al ghul. I just walked away. Never thought I would do such a thing

Might I inquire as to why you just "walked away"? I mean...Ra's is full of win. Everyone should own one haha. I myself am still trying to get a hold of one. After that I guess its Alfred...as bad as I hate to. Anybody been seeing Ra's at Walmart?

Might I inquire as to why you just "walked away"? I mean...Ra's is full of win. Everyone should own one haha. I myself am still trying to get a hold of one. After that I guess its Alfred...as bad as I hate to. Anybody been seeing Ra's at Walmart?

I too have never seen Ra's in a store. I have mine but saw someone today at TRU that needs 1 so please let me know. No luck at Wally World either.

I finally got my Ra's through amazon and I'd still get Ra's again if I saw him at the store.

In orange beach, AL on holiday. Went to Target for supplies. Look at the MM's for the hell of it. Catwoman AND Ras. Seeing Ras in store? Crazy.

Got my 1:50 Hotwheel's "The Bat" and the Movie Master's Jail Cell Joker today. Thanks to Tink. Appreciate it again. ^_^

Got my 1:50 Hotwheel's "The Bat" and the Movie Master's Jail Cell Joker today. Thanks to Tink. Appreciate it again. ^_^

I didn't like the paint on that Joker's face but I now feel that I need him in my collection. Does it have a TRU sticker on it? Does anyone have another? I have some Bats, Jokers, and Thugs from TDK MM to trade.

Also, I still need the 1:50 scale Bat. I returned the 1:50 Tumblers to get the 3-pack box set from HW. PM me if you can help a fellow 'Hyper. Thanks. :batty:

Last edited:
Talk to Tink. She's the one who got me both of them. She may be able to help you out. Mostly with The Joker.

Find it so weird people in the US can't find Alfred. I went into a Forbidden Planet when visiting London today and found about 20 Bats, about 10 GU Catwoman, 2 GD Catwoman and probably 11 or 12 Alfred. Not a single Bane, Blake or Ra's to be found though.

They had the Hot Wheels vehicles, but they were £8.99 each, so I passed on those!

Looks so cool. I really wish they come out with at least one more wave, with Talia, Lucius, Regular Bruce Wayne, or Ninja/Crippled, and another cool collect and connect figure, Nurse Joker??

Looks so cool. I really wish they come out with at least one more wave, with Talia, Lucius, Regular Bruce Wayne, or Ninja/Crippled, and another cool collect and connect figure, Nurse Joker??

That MM box set looks great, and yes, Nurse Joker would be awesome.

I read on Twitter that Macy's will start carrying TRU items like dolls and action figures this season. Just another place to hunt on top of Walmart, K-Mart, Target, TRU, FYE, B&N....you know the list.

Three pack is alright. I would have rather had something a bit more than three Batman figures that have already been released. I'll just go back to hunting for the maskless Batman chase figure from the TDK Movie Masters line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"