The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 7

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ManInTheNarrows

ManInTheNarrows Well-Known Member

And thank you for your great "Detective" work as well. Much appreciated. Can't wait to snag this puppy and put it up for display.

I believe what will make this 3-pack a hot seller is the Begins Batman as apparently a lot of collectors missed out on it back in 2008. Personally i think the Begins suit overall is much better and the figure as well. And the addition of a maskless batman will help as well.

2. Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

a bit behind everyone else here but i finally got
    Bane
    Catwoman
    and Ra's

:D

3. mikey1974

mikey1974 Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

now that we're basically done,is everyone happy? I mean,are you happy with the figures we got and your collection? while glaring holes remain for me that I've had to fill with customs (Lucius,Bruce Wayne, Watabe Ra;s,LOS Ninja,more Joker Thugs),I'm generally pleased with what we got from the trilogy. we've come a long way from 2008 and only 5 figures with 2 chases. I looked at my figures the other day and said "Yeah,i'm glad i collected these!" . just wish we got maybe 1 more wave of figures we need to fully complete the set. for the record,figures by movie:

Batman Begins:

Batman
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Scarecrow in straightjacket
    Lt. Jim Gordon
    Prototype Suit Batman
    Scarecrow in suit
    Demon Hallucination Batman (Chase)

The Dark Knight:

Batman
    The Joker
    Two-Face
    Gotham City Thug
    Harvey Dent
    Batman Final Battle
    Joker as Thug
    Interrogation Joker
    Honor Guard Joker
    Unmasked Batman (chase)
    Batman Cloth Cape (TRU 3-Pack)

The Dark Knight Rises:

Batman
    Bane
    Catwoman (goggles up)
    Commissioner Gordon
    John Blake
    Alfred Pennyworth
    Catwoman (goggles down)
    Batman (Damaged)
    Bane (shirtless)
    Bruce to Batman SDCC Exclusive
    Unmasked Batman ( TRU Exclusive 3-pack)

EDIT : I didn't include the Begins batman from the 3-pack since we've now found out it's exactly the same release as the previous version. the other 2 have new features to make them somewhat new figures ( TDK - cloth cape. TDKR - new paint job and broken cowl).

4. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

My thoughts exactly, I was hoping it would be around $45.

You're very welcome. I felt fortunate to find one and wanted to help others find it. Thank you for posting the ebay auction.

5. DrexBat21

DrexBat21 A hero can be anyone

Hey Mikey! Long time, no speak. :)

I am very pleased. I also got the other Ra's (Watabe) even though I think he's an inch shorter. He had a variant too I believe.
    But as far as Movie Masters I passed on a few thugs, shirtless Bane, and Dishonor Guard Joker. I got all the other Jokers, the Cats, the Bats, Harvey, Scarecrow, Blake, Bane, and the old fellers (Alfred, Gordon, Ra's).
    Thalia, Nurse Joker, and Lucious would make my collection perfect.

Vehicles were tough with that darn Batpod from Target. I got a nice Tumbler from Walmart. The Matchbox and Hot Wheels bikes, planes, and cars are pretty cool too. :batty:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. Aron9692003

Aron9692003 Well-Known Member

Already called toys r us this morning haha, still nothing though. Next week once I get more in the mail I'm going to get a couple pics of everything if I can. I just started collecting around TDKR and arkham city, so I don't really have any dark knight stuff, and only a couple of the begins things. I think the batpod and the tumbler that launches the batpod were the main things I wish had got. I'm pretty happy with my collection,I know this is movie masters but of the batman legacy figures from last year, these are all I need.. Haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Modern age, golden age, 70s arkham, catman, and the expensive two face and batman two pack.

7. DrexBat21

Another just sold online for $70 plus s/h. Hopefully they'll start hitting other stores next week.

8. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

I just started picking up figures when TDKR was released.

I'd like to eventually pick up TDK Two-Face, TDK Scarecrow (straightjacket), and a TDK Batman vs. Joker 2pk so I can get original figures for Batman and Joker. I have a Joker (from a package with holes on the side).

The trilogy pack looks good. Too bad they don't all have cloth capes and the BB figure wasn't made taller ( I have an original BB). But, overall I'm happy. Although, I wish they hadn't pierced the cloth cape of TDK figure with a fasteners in two spots. I hope it isn't too damaged when I decide to open it.

9. batmanofbaylor

batmanofbaylor Non sum qualis eram

found the 3-pack at TRU in beaumont, TX. i bought one and left the other two. it was quite tempting to buy an extra at 40% off and flip it for dirty dirty ebay money, but i very much believe in collector karma. if anyone still can't find one once these bad boys start hitting elsewhere, let me know and i can check to see if they're still here. i don't think there's much of a collector base here but i could be wrong.

10. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

Yes, at the time I thought about picking up the one I left behind in Humble, TX. The discount was tempting. Although, I noticed one of the belts on a figure was not on straight (maybe too loose?). Hope it worked out for whoever picked it up.

Good to hear you leaving those behind for others. :up:

11. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

Wow. Good luck.

12. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

Nice. :ybat: Do you have the rest for the CC bat-signal yet?

13. DrexBat21

Thanks. Here's one in AZ. Come...east...come....east!

http://r.ebay.com/3ezbGz

14. DrexBat21

So you could have bought 2 sets for @ $80 AND helped out a fellow Hyper. Instead you left them behind possibly for a scalper to flip???

15. Emgr55

Emgr55 Well-Known Member

Well i went back to check on the Batman unlimited figuers and coukdint find a single one on the shelfs at walmart.
    Also I just got my Batman begins MM and now im hunting the Trilogy pack fun fun and my tru never picks up the damn phone so i aleays end up driving 45 min to a store that is usually sold out of the stuff i want.

16. batmanofbaylor

batmanofbaylor Non sum qualis eram

i don't think these'll be that hard to get. my TRU had like 10 of the batman vs bane MM exclusives as well. not many hardcore collector types out here haha.

17. Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

eventually i will be getting the rest of the series for the signal but for now i just wanted the main villains

i wish they had a talia/tate figure

18. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

Yes, Talia in a 2pk Legacy would be nice. Maybe with a Bruce Wayne?

Or if it has to be another Batman in it, then maybe a cloth caped , masked version of the TDKR figure from the new Trilogy box set.

Although, isn't there a trend to use a reissued :batman: figure with a new character for the MM Legacy Edition 2 pks? :hmm

19. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

Sorry to keep talking about the new Trilogy figures , but I just noticed the eyes on all three figures are now a brighter brown and TDK figure has an angrier expression. Just FYI. :bdh:

20. Emgr55

Emgr55 Well-Known Member

I still have a Ra's al Ghul mint in box if anyone needs it for the bat signal.
    Im in need of The Joker as masked thug.

21. Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089 Active Member

They should release a two pack with a Talia Figure which would need a new body and then use the suits that they've been using throughout the series for a Lucius Fox. It would be awesome if the Lucius fox came with like a brief case with some batarangs and a grapple gun and maybe an EMP gun even though the movie master line doesn't like to use accessories.

Edit:
    It would be even more awesome to release a Rachel figure and have a variant with a Katie Holmes face instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  22. thuhgostrydur

thuhgostrydur Member

L. Fox is overdue. He should be represented in the MM line. I do wish they provided more accessories. Maybe even include stands now. Rachel, with a variant, would be awesome.

23. Emgr55

Emgr55 Well-Known Member

What size figures are 1/6 scale are those the hot toys size or smaller?
    I found a weapon & bat suit cabinet on ebay check it out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. ManInTheNarrows

ManInTheNarrows Well-Known Member

1/6 scale would be hot toys and I'm pre ordering this bad boy as soon as it hits sideshowcollectibles.com! It's a beauty.

25. Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089 Active Member

Anyone have an extra batman evidence mask that they would like to sell? I realized its the only one I'm missing other then some of the joker mask variants.