The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 7

Last edited:
^What happened to the clothe cape?

Good thing, during 8th grade... I used my class time to make capes. it drapes and hangs over shoulders just like the comics. They're beautiful...

Hopefully this set makes it up to Canada. I don't believe the Bane and Batman one did so I don't have high hopes. :(

Finally!!! Scored the new Dark Knight Movie Masters Trilogy box set from my local AZ Toys r us.

My wife was out and about on Saturday morning and went to our Goodyear, AZ toys r us and she checked with the UPC and no luck. However they pulled up the other locations and the Phoenix location had 2 in stock. Customer service called the other store and they held them for me to pick up. I love my wife.

I scored the buy 1 get 1 for 40% off as well. Great deal for 2!

Both are minty fresh and quite epic! See pics below.

Also added pics of Dark Knight Trilogy 5 inch exclusive figures that were out as well. $5.99 each but i passed. I'm thinking these are the toys r us exclusives that Mattel was speaking of at SDCC when they announced the MM Trilogy 3 pack.

For the Rises Batman it looks like the cowl can fit over the head and its definitely broken on the left side. Awesome!

photo5_zps075eef8e.jpg

photo3_zpsaa30dcce.jpg

photo2_zps9c7537c6.jpg

photo4_zpsd4519aeb.jpg

photo1_zps6cf7843c.jpg

photo_zpscf8f9126.jpg

i like the joker, wish they had done a more realistic sculpt for it though, sticks out like a sore thumb next to the realistic batman

Finally!!! Scored the new Dark Knight Movie Masters Trilogy box set from my local AZ Toys r us.

My wife was out and about on Saturday morning and went to our Goodyear, AZ toys r us and she checked with the UPC and no luck. However they pulled up the other locations and the Phoenix location had 2 in stock. Customer service called the other store and they held them for me to pick up. I love my wife.

Also added pics of Dark Knight Trilogy 5 inch exclusive figures that were out as well. $5.99 each but i passed. I'm thinking these are the toys r us exclusives that Mattel was speaking of at SDCC when they announced the MM Trilogy 3 pack.

For the Rises Batman it looks like the cowl can fit over the head and its definitely broken on the left side. Awesome!
:applaud

did they repaint begins ? the suit looks alot lighter

It's repainted, IMO. The gauntlets and boots are shinier and the rest of the suit looks less dull. The belt is darker, the eyes are a lighter brown, and the mouth area seems painted lighter.

Thank you very much kind sir. And you are correct on the updated paint apps for the Begins figure. The Bat Symbol on the chest is also less shiny on the trilogy pack figure.

I'm really diggin this set and it displays nicely. I'm going to crack open the second set and see if the Broken cowl can fit over the figures head.

I wish Mattel would keep up with the multipack MM's as they could easily produce a pack with say Luscious, Bruce and say Alfred with a slightly different outfit.

Or even a Talia, Bane and Ra's in his lighter colored suit from Rises. League of shadows triple pack!

Or a Ninja clad Bruce, Ninja Clad Ra's and a League of shadows Ninja and also a 3 pack with Bruce and Ra's in training garb with a league of shadows ninja.

The possibilities are endless.

On the 4" trilogy figures was it only batman and joker? And does anyone have the upcoming for those and the 3 pack? Thanjs

Thank you very much kind sir. And you are correct on the updated paint apps for the Begins figure. The Bat Symbol on the chest is also less shiny on the trilogy pack figure.

I'm really diggin this set and it displays nicely. I'm going to crack open the second set and see if the Broken cowl can fit over the figures head.

I wish Mattel would keep up with the multipack MM's as they could easily produce a pack with say Luscious, Bruce and say Alfred with a slightly different outfit.

Or even a Talia, Bane and Ra's in his lighter colored suit from Rises. League of shadows triple pack!

Or a Ninja clad Bruce, Ninja Clad Ra's and a League of shadows Ninja and also a 3 pack with Bruce and Ra's in training garb with a league of shadows ninja.

The possibilities are endless.

You're welcome.

Holy cow, yes the possibilities are endless. I was imagining what 2pks. could be available for the future, but totally ignored the possibility of more 3 pks. :hmm

Include the stands, more accessories, and the $45 price... that would be so sweet. And, maybe another 40% sale. :grin:

BTW, the broken cowl might not fit the figure. On a video review for the set, the reviewer tried to put it on the figure but it wouldn't fit.

I hope they eventually release a cloth caped, masked version of the new Trilogy pack TDKR figure. :brucebat:

I think I'm giving up on us getting a taller BB figure with a cloth cape.

On the 4" trilogy figures was it only batman and joker? And does anyone have the upcoming for those and the 3 pack? Thanjs

Thats right they are 4 inchers huh or 3 and 3/4 inch to be exact. And yes only batman and Joker. Different Batman variants of course and out of the case of 12 there were only 2 Jokers.

You're welcome.

Holy cow, yes the possibilities are endless. I was imagining what 2pks. could be available for the future, but totally ignored the possibility of more 3 pks. :hmm

Include the stands, more accessories, and the $45 price... that would be so sweet. And, maybe another 40% sale. :grin:

BTW, the broken cowl might not fit the figure. On a video review for the set, the reviewer tried to put it on the figure but it wouldn't fit.

I hope they eventually release a cloth caped, masked version of the new Trilogy pack TDKR figure. :brucebat:

I think I'm giving up on us getting a taller BB figure with a cloth cape.

Thanks for the heads up on the video review for the trilogy pack/broken cowl. Thats to bad, wish it could fit on the figure.

And i think that 3 packs at the $44.99 price range are the way to go especially to get the more unique figures out to us fans/collectors.

And yeah, i think you should give up on the taller BB because i highly doubt Mattel will shell out the cash to tool a new cast for a brand new figure. Although, they may release the current BB with a cloth cape. If they do, i hope its a larger and thicker cape as well. Possibly with a wire frame to pose.

So u guys have made me super jealous im calling in a bomb threat at tru if they dont have any for me to buy i really hate the tru close to me just joking of course.
They never have **** i want but its worth me crossing my fingers, ill know tomorrow.

The buy one get one 40% off ended Saturday unfortunately, this was the second buy one get one sale on the batman stuff. I wasn't going to use it to get twooo three packs hahaha, I was going to buy it and get the bane and batman two pack at 40% off, but sales over haha. They told me they get stuff like this from outside vendors so to check daily, but it was Sunday today and tomorrow's a holiday with banks and no mail running so wonder if they'll even get anything in. The last three times I called it was the exact same person, I felt bad for bugging her haha.

Those little figures are cool, my TRU didn't have them Saturday so I guess they'll come in with the 3 pack. With these new dark knight trilogy toys and how well all the others have sold, I am optimistic more will slowly be released over time. Remember the batman, joker, batman, scarecrow 5" set they could do like a batman with scarecrow joker and and bane in a four pack now or some kind of talia and lucious/bane two pack even would be cool

On another note what did u guys think about The Dark Knight returns pt.2?
I liked it alot so much that i had to make my self stop watching so i could go to work befor i was to late..

So, talked to local TRU manager today. She knew when I walked in when they opened what I was looking for. No luck of course. But she did take me to a computer. She brought the item up and got the upc and then tried to order one right there. No dice, got a raincheck message. Which she says means we could have never got one here anyway. Only the biggest accounts will probably be getting these and whichever ones in between some happen to land at.

I don't remember what the number was but she got the number of how many of these are left in transit and on shelves and it really isn't that high of a number. Seems pretty limited. Seems if your TRU has a BRU attached you will probably get one because those are considered the priority with exclusives. She did call another TRU personally though, and asked them if I could purchase one from them over the phone with a credit card and them ship it to me and they agreed. So I bought one in TX in IN. Pretty nice lady.

Drexbat, I did notice on her screen Jersey had numbers listed next to it. So I asked her since she said she was from there and you were the only name I could think of on here that I could put with a state. Jersey has some in the warehouse they have. What TRU get it and which don't though, who knows. Stupid exclusives.

It's repainted, IMO. The gauntlets and boots are shinier and the rest of the suit looks less dull. The belt is darker, the eyes are a lighter brown, and the mouth area seems painted lighter.

thought so :woot:

I know right! I was tempted to purchase them but i limit what i buy now a days.

the accessories look a bit too big also haha

Thanks for the heads up! Went ahead and placed an order. $55 total with tax+shipping. Already went to two Toys R Us in the area. They always have Nothing. Tired of having to hunt this.

Thanks guys. Ordered 1 online today too.

Raindog, thanks for the info.

photo1_zps6cf7843c.jpg

Not a fan of this Joker, I've seen it before in another set.

Stinks the BOGO sale ended last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"