The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the "unbelievable" means in terms of emotional impact or visuals? I always thought the ending will be a quiet emotional one.

As bad as I predict it's going to be it won't ever be as bad as it was back here in 2008. It was so bad that the Batboards haven't been able to recover from that stigma ever since.

Holy bad place, it really was a nightmare.

I'm honestly a little shocked it hasn't gotten that bad again.

He thinks it's 'better in some ways'. Hmm.

It seems like a less enthusiastic response than what would excite me.

Here's the complete conversation. He said he has seen it.

9Iqix.png

This just doubled my hype level for this movie.

Considering that he says there are lots of jolting twists, I could understand the embargo being extended. I assume lots of other people have seen it too.

Last edited:
Ha-Ha!

Look, as opposed to 'It's great' or 'Holy bad place' or whatever. I can see someone saying for instance 'I was a bit dissapointed' BUT (trying to be positive because he doesn't want to harm his relationship with the powers that be) as a caveat '...it was better in some ways'.

I wonder if the "unbelievable" means in terms of emotional impact or visuals? I always thought the ending will be a quiet emotional one.

I think he means the story, not the visuals. He mentioned in the article that the third act was full of twists and turns that went to places the franchise has never been.

Ha-Ha!

Look, as opposed to 'It's great' or 'Holy bad place' or whatever. I can see someone saying for instance 'I was a bit dissapointed' BUT (trying to be positive because he doesn't want to harm his relationship with the powers that be) as a caveat '...it was better in some ways'.
He's talking in comparison with TDK though. Being better in some ways than TDK is high praise.

According to his facebook page, its better than the second one!

Ha-Ha!

Here's the thing though. Even the film's cinematographer said when he read the script that "we will all have our preferences, but it's a perfect trilogy." He meant the story is quality all the way through. You might like elements from one movie more than the other, but across the board it's very good. Does anyone seriously think there is a performance in TDKR as good as Ledger's? By the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised if the focus on Bruce in TDKR is a lot better than it was in TDK.

I don't know how anyone could read his reaction as being underwhelmed by the film. :dry:

Anyway I'm glad Geoff saw it early. He has given us some great interviews. :up:

So Peter Sciretta of Slash Film knew two people who liked it better than TDK. So we have 3 people who thought it was better than TDK.

He still has those set interviews with Bale, Freeman, Cotillard, and JGL. The only one he has published is the one with Anne. :awesome:

I'm so excited to see the reviews starting to pour in. IT'S GAME TIME

"Guys, guys! Why don't we just wait until tomorrow to make this thread?" :o
:whatever:

This is exciting... I need to go to bed though. Reaction from TheShape while I'm at work:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"