The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Wallpaper & Gifs/Avvy Thread II - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the film had a stronger theme of light and shadow.

I felt the film had a stronger theme of light and shadow.

Hope(light) and despair(shadow).

Other themes are really just standalone ones such as pain, desolation, and I feel control was a theme as well as it was even mentioned with Bruce asking Talia to take control of Wayne Enterprises as well as Bane telling Gothamites to take control of their city.

Any other themes for TDKR that I have missed?

And just for looking back, TDK has chaos vs order and BB had really just fear as its theme.

I think the overall theme of the trilogy is the will to act.

I know right? George Clooney was phenomenal.

xRwQPPg.gif

LMAO, I love how you cut out the Rises ending.

That's the way the ending should have been edited. With Blake on the rising platform, then the very last shot of Bruce acknowledging Alfred.

This is going to sound blasphemous, but after seeing all three shots next to each other like that I think the Blake rising shot is easily my favorite of the three from a purely visual perspective. Ironically despite not having THE Batman in it, the Batcave is captured so gorgeously there that it feels the most uniquely "Batman" to me.

This is going to sound blasphemous, but after seeing all three shots next to each other like that I think the Blake rising shot is easily my favorite of the three from a purely visual perspective. Ironically despite not having THE Batman in it, the Batcave is captured so gorgeously there that it feels the most uniquely "Batman" to me.

It is a glorious shot. I don't think anyone could deny that. It just rubs me the wrong way that it's THE last shot of the film and trilogy. I can deal with the prologue's featuring the new baddie, but at least close out the film with the lead/title character - either Batman or Bruce Wayne.

It's clearly a nit-pick on my behalf, so moving on....lol.

Yeah, I mean I think it helps a lot if you don't think of the shot as Blake's moment of glory, but a visual that signifies the everlasting nature of Batman in general (both in the story and in our culture). It's not just Blake rising there, but it's the idea that there will be a guy after him and another after that and so on, all because of what Bruce has created. I think in a meta sense it's kind of like Nolan passing the baton to the next director.

Of course, I understand where you're coming from with the nitpick. I was kind of underwhelmed by it the first time I saw it (I think mainly because I just did not want the movie to end), but it's grown on me a lot.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean I think it helps a lot if you don't think of the shot as Blake's moment of glory, but a visual that signifies the everlasting nature of Batman in general (both in the story and in our culture). It's not just Blake rising there, but it's the idea that there will be a guy after him and another after that and so on, all because of what Bruce has created. I think in a meta sense it's kind of like Nolan passing the baton to the next director.

Of course, I understand where you're coming from with the nitpick. I was kind of underwhelmed by it the first time I saw it (I think mainly because I just did not want the movie to end), but it's grown on me a lot.

100% agreed, that was exactly my thought process on it.

Also, the black with the water falling acts like a curtain going down.

100% agreed, that was exactly my thought process on it.

Also, the black with the water falling acts like a curtain going down.

Yup. And with regards to the water, it even thematically resonates as a counterpoint to the ice that opened the film. And water is a nice indicator of the eternal (like the ocean symbolizing infinite subconscious in Inception). But also the natural flow of life, change, etc.

BatLobsterRises explains things about TDKR more beautifully than I could dream of doing. Kudos.

BatLobsterRises explains things about TDKR more beautifully than I could dream of doing. Kudos.

I don't think I've ever really disagreed with any of his posts and they're always reasonable and polite.

It just rubs me the wrong way that it's THE last shot of the film and trilogy. I can deal with the prologue's featuring the new baddie, but at least close out the film with the lead/title character - either Batman or Bruce Wayne.

We're in the minority but yeah I feel the same way. I like TDKR's ending minus that last shot. I probably would've liked it more if the shots were at least re-arranged. Oh well. At least I LOVE BB's and TDK's last shots. So 2/3 for me is not bad at all.

We're in the minority but yeah I feel the same way. I like TDKR's ending minus that last shot. I probably would've liked it more if the shots were at least re-arranged. Oh well. At least I LOVE BB's and TDK's last shots. So 2/3 for me is not bad at all.

:up:

It's funny because had they re-arranged those last two shots we would feel so much different. I think it would really sell the point home that Bruce was able to move forward and past his demons if the last shot was of him smiling then roll to credits - The Dark Knight Rises.

I'm surprised no one has "corrected" that on youtube.

:up:

It's funny because had they re-arranged those last two shots we would feel so much different. I think it would really sell the point home that Bruce was able to move forward and past his demons if the last shot was of him smiling then roll to credits - The Dark Knight Rises.

I'm surprised no one has "corrected" that on youtube.

Boom. Just for you :yay:

[YT]ahpgasRtlpg[/YT]

I think this guy is working on a fan edit of the movie. This actually confirms my preference for the film version though. I really miss how the percussion kicks in as Alfred notices Bruce. I like to think of it as Bruce's heartbeat.

Boom. Just for you :yay:

[YT]ahpgasRtlpg[/YT]

I think this guy is working on a fan edit of the movie. This actually confirms my preference for the film version though. I really miss how the percussion kicks in as Alfred notices Bruce. I like to think of it as Bruce's heartbeat.

Oh snap. Yeah, the original flows a little better, but that's kind of how I wish it were edited originally. Except you don't even need to see Alfred get up after he sees Bruce, just let the last shot be of Bruce period. But yeah, enough of my b*tching.

I think I remember something about a fan edit of TDKR. I'm not really looking forward to that.

Yeah, I mean score is so crucial for a montage like that. It's scored the way it is to build to the final shot. Maybe re-scored entirely it could work more the other way.

That's why I agree, I don't care much for fan edits in general because it's working with such limited tools and it's obvious where stuff is being messed with.

I see that guy did an edit including the shot of Bruce entering the masquerade ball.

[YT]7oiO8ZGJ27M[/YT]

Not to beat a dead horse, but that was a brilliant shot. Shame it wasn't included.

Yeah, I mean score is so crucial for a montage like that. It's scored the way it is to build to the final shot. Maybe re-scored entirely it could work more the other way.

That's why I agree, I don't care much for fan edits in general because it's working with such limited tools and it's obvious where stuff is being messed with.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I don't hate the way it's played out. Last time I saw TDKR, I got pretty emotional with the ending montage, so it does work. It's just one of those fan boy nit-picks, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"