The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Sequel Info Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstclassclown

Which way's the bathroom?
Reaction score
Now that the word is out, thanks to the great Mr. Oldman, action must be taken. An organized group of professionals to seek out any and all information leading to the next Bat Flick should get together. During The Dark Knight viral campaign, it was great to see geniuses cracking these codes and seeking out new information for all of us who are smart, yet not on the ball as these gifted individuals.
There have already been breakthroughs with finding out that websites have been purchased recently and rumors always start from somewhere so we must not neglect that information either. But, solid evidence is preferred of course. Now, I know I'm not a master of the forum world but to help bring the gods of the forum world together to crack one of the most anticipated movies ever would be something to push for.
Please, if you have any SPECULATING and/or CONFIRMED info pertaining to TDK sequel, post here.
And remember, the more HONEST you are about the information you post, the faster we find out about this masterpiece to be.

DISCUSSION - related to official news/rumors is permitted in this thread. Voice your opinion hunters. Let's be a team.

SPECULATION CATAGORY EXAMPLE:
http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=43016&sid=8f7a360144ddc78bf19aaff50598f267
and/or
http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN3_caine-talks-B3_video_7-13-09.html

CONFIRMED CATAGORY EXAMPLE:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=8557

Thanks bgates87 and Anjow1060 for your input ;)

Last edited:
Well first of all I think your "dead solid" and "so so solid" evidence both go in the "non-solid" category and your "non solid" evidence goes in the "Two Face is dead, get over it" category. There are really only two types of information, speculation and confirmed. Anything officially released by WB is confirmed and absolutely everything else is speculation.

Anyways, going by your classifications I think you should add this to your list of solid evidence too.

I think the status of batman 3 is easy to find. If anything substantial appears it will be all over the news sites.

Well first of all I think your "dead solid" and "so so solid" evidence both go in the "non-solid" category and your "non solid" evidence goes in the "Two Face is dead, get over it" category. There are really only two types of information, speculation and confirmed. Anything officially released by WB is confirmed and absolutely everything else is speculation.

Anyways, going by your classifications I think you should add this to your list of solid evidence too.

Thanks bgates. By the way, you are one of the people I've seen really help out in the viral games so thank you for your support :)

"Ledger is dead" category?

Come on man, how about keeping that **** for when you're goofing around in the basement with your friends? Keep the immature stereotype of being a fanboy on the downlow around here? It's bad enough that we harp and nitpick the way that we do, let's not mock the man's passing.

- Jow

that was true. I have corrected my post. Thank you for puting me in my place. I didn't mean to be disrespectful. Thanks again, Clown

I think the status of batman 3 is easy to find. If anything substantial appears it will be all over the news sites.

The goal of this group is to find the news before the "news sites" do

Great idea for a thread. I am totally down to crack the TDK sequel codes :)

Thanks bgates. By the way, you are one of the people I've seen really help out in the viral games so thank you for your support :)
No problem. Yeah I enjoy doing ARGs and viral marketing, ironically I didn't get any SWAG from TDK's viral marketing because I didn't have a cell phone and couldn't participate in most of the things I was helping figure out. Plus I live in the middle of Kansas which was about as far away from everything as I could get. There was some stuff in Kansas City but that's like a 4 hour drive for me so it wasn't worth it (although I did make that drive to see the advanced IMAX screening).

Anyways while we seem to have collected a few like-minded people I feel like I should point out that for those of you who like viral marketing and solving clues and puzzles and stuff, there is a quiet little viral campaign going on for Dan Brown's next book "The Lost Symbol" which is coming out in September. Lots of clues and cyphers and riddles to solve mostly having to do with a darker side of American History. Even if your'e not interested in that kind of thing the puzzles and clues are still fun to solve so check it out, the official website is here but the viral campaign is taking place on the twitter and facebook pages (there are links to them on the official site) where clues are posted usually daily. OK that's all of my word-of-mouth advertising for today, thanks for your time.

Back to Batman, there's really not much to go on at this point. Watching for WB to register domain names or get copyrights on titles or something is about all we can do right now. We should also probably keep an eye on the company that did TDK's viral marketing (42 Entertainment) and see what they are up to, TDK's viral marketing was a hit so assuming they go the viral route again I see no reason why they wouldn't use the same company.

Edit: By the way, is anyone else having trouble staying connected to SHH? Some other rival franchise must have gotten some big news today or something. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No problem. Yeah I enjoy doing ARGs and viral marketing, ironically I didn't get any SWAG from TDK's viral marketing because I didn't have a cell phone and couldn't participate in most of the things I was helping figure out. Plus I live in the middle of Kansas which was about as far away from everything as I could get. There was some stuff in Kansas City but that's like a 4 hour drive for me so it wasn't worth it (although I did make that drive to see the advanced IMAX screening).

Anyways while we seem to have collected a few like-minded people I feel like I should point out that for those of you who like viral marketing and solving clues and puzzles and stuff, there is a quiet little viral campaign going on for Dan Brown's next book "The Lost Symbol" which is coming out in September. Lots of clues and cyphers and riddles to solve mostly having to do with a darker side of American History. Even if your'e not interested in that kind of thing the puzzles and clues are still fun to solve so check it out, the official website is here but the viral campaign is taking place on the twitter and facebook pages (there are links to them on the official site) where clues are posted usually daily. OK that's all of my word-of-mouth advertising for today, thanks for your time.

Back to Batman, there's really not much to go on at this point. Watching for WB to register domain names or get copyrights on titles or something is about all we can do right now. We should also probably keep an eye on the company that did TDK's viral marketing (42 Entertainment) and see what they are up to, TDK's viral marketing was a hit so assuming they go the viral route again I see no reason why they wouldn't use the same company.

Edit: By the way, is anyone else having trouble staying connected to SHH? Some other rival franchise must have gotten some big news today or something. :rolleyes:

one : thanks for the link, im having trouble with the clue for today (
Dan Brown's publisher invites you to solve this: 25.765267, -79.272451 - Man or Nature?:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

two : im connected, but it's slow as..well..h3ll

one : thanks for the link, im having trouble with the clue for today (
Dan Brown's publisher invites you to solve this: 25.765267, -79.272451 - Man or Nature?:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

two : im connected, but it's slow as..well..h3ll
Oh, well not to get too off topic but just as a little hint, try putting those coordinates into Google Maps. If you can't figure out what you're supposed to be looking at (I couldn't), you can check here: http://twitter.com/lostsymbol/. They do a pretty good job of keeping up-to-date with the official site and answering the clues. Plus you can catch up on all of the previous clues there (there are quite a few). Most of the clues just point you to interesting things and encourage you to do your own research once you figure out what they're referencing. For the most part the clues are related to the content of his next book, but some seem to be red herrings. The twitter and facebook pages post the same clues, I find it easier to follow them on Twitter because the twitter page doesn't get cluttered with other people's comments like Dan Brown's facebook page does.

If you want to keep discussing that viral marketing campaign though we should probably move the conversation over to this thread. You can post questions there and I'll try to answer them but really once you've figured out the most recent clue you can get yourself up to date on the others and then it's just a matter of waiting for the next clue.

Last edited:
Oh, well not to get too off topic but just as a little hint, try putting those coordinates into Google Maps. If you can't figure it out (I couldn't), you can check here: http://twitter.com/lostsymbol/. They do a pretty good job of keeping up-to-date with the official site and answering the clues. Plus you can catch up on all of the previous clues there (there are quite a few). Most of the clues just point you to interesting things and encourage you to do your own research once you figure out what they're referencing. For the most part the clues are related to the content of his next book, but some seem to be red herrings. The twitter and facebook pages post the same clues, I find it easier to follow them on Twitter because the twitter page doesn't get cluttered with other people's comments like Dan Brown's facebook page does.

If you want to keep discussing that viral marketing campaign though we should probably move the conversation over to this thread. You can post questions there and I'll try to answer them but really once you've figured out the most recent clue you can get yourself up to date on the others and then it's just a matter of waiting for the next clue.

thanks again!! and i'll mosey on over there now...bat-talk seems to have died down (for tonight)

"Ledger is dead" category?

Come on man, how about keeping that **** for when you're goofing around in the basement with your friends? Keep the immature stereotype of being a fanboy on the downlow around here? It's bad enough that we harp and nitpick the way that we do, let's not mock the man's passing.

- Jow

internet....more serious than goofing around in your friends basement.

I'm just going to wait until Warner Brothers confirms that Batman 3 is happening. I don't want another director to direct it. I only want Chris Nolan. Chris has given us 2 amazing Batman films. And I fully believe he will be back.

even though we only have what oldman said , i wouldnt have a doubt in my mind that its going to be nolan again. He hasnt personally said anything in regards to a third batman in months, but we must remember that he is a very secretive director and wouldnt come flat out with it.
i wouldnt be at all surprised if oldman was told to maybe drop a hint like he did, just to get the hype fired up. which....it has, obviously.

Yeah I think if they weren't waiting on Nolan we'd probably already have a title, primary cast, and filming schedule.

Yeah I think if they weren't waiting on Nolan we'd probably already have a title, primary cast, and filming schedule.

yeah. they would probably want to make a batman 3 as soon as possible. I really really really hope we got a offical announcement soon. I think with gary's comments sweeping the web. WB is bound to just announce it.

OK just a little update here, prospective titles for the third film based on domain names registered by WB:

The Shadow of the Bat (Whois?)

The Dark Knight Returns (Whois?)

It's interesting to note that of those two, The Shadow of the Bat was registered fairly recent in April 2009, but The Dark Knight Returns was registered way back in August 2006. I don't think which one was registered first really matters though, The Dark Knight was registered 2 years before Batman Begins.

im not sure if i like dark knight returns. for one, theres the miller graphic novel (obviously) and for two, it seems a little like batman returns.
as for shadow of the bat, im on the fence.

I'm just going to wait until Warner Brothers confirms that Batman 3 is happening. I don't want another director to direct it. I only want Chris Nolan. Chris has given us 2 amazing Batman films. And I fully believe he will be back.

The Public: We never got a chance to say thank you.
Nolan: And you'll never have to. There will be Batman 3

Great idea... Too bad we usually only get Tidbits of info from the WB ninjas when one of them goes rogue and runs his/her mouth.

I am chomping at the bit to get any or all info that is out there floating around and looking forward to all easter eggs and spoilers!!!!!

Has anyone thought of looking at the list of "developmental movie names"? the Code name for TDK was Rory's First Kiss. We need to get someone to figure out the code name for BB3.

Great idea... Too bad we usually only get Tidbits of info from the WB ninjas when one of them goes rogue and runs his/her mouth.

I am chomping at the bit to get any or all info that is out there floating around and looking forward to all easter eggs and spoilers!!!!!

Has anyone thought of looking at the list of "developmental movie names"? the Code name for TDK was Rory's First Kiss. We need to get someone to figure out the code name for BB3.

There have been people who have discovered "developmental movie names" looking through possible web address's. It would be nice to have an accurate list posted on this Thread.

Okay so, thanks to BGates87, we now have a little room to work with. http://www.thedarkknightreturnsmovie.com
Who can bring the news to us before the studios. Other than this Miley business, which I don't understand, are we on to some SOLID evidence. OFFICIAL TITLE???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back