• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Dark Knight Trilogy Soundtrack

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
What's your favourite Soundtrack from TDKT?

All 3 but if I had to choose, I'd go with Batman Begins.

All three. This is my type of Batman sound.

If I really had to pick, perhaps The Dark Knight Rises.

I thought all three were the best I liked the Like Dog Chasing Cars track in TDK.

I thought all three were the best I liked the Like Dog Chasing Cars track in TDK.
On the complete score (which is fantastic, definitely get the complete scores as they play in the movie) that one is called 'Always a Catch'. It contains the build-up section, launches into the main 'anthem' but then stops and starts the build up again.

Is it on Amazon? Or limited like BTAS complete soundtrack?

I listened BB, now onto TDK soundtrack. Like a Dog Chasing Cars is still my favourite.

I love all 3 film scores from Batman Begins "Molossus" to The Dark Knight's "Like a dog chasing cars" to The Dark Knight Rises "Imagine the Fire"!

Love them all however, if I had to pick just one, I would have to go with The Dark Knight Rises. Just the best overall listen from the 1st track to the last.

Listened to the Batman Begins ost in honor of the film’s release date 10 years ago tomorrow . And I know I’ve shown a lot of antipathy towards the scores to TDKT, but I got to be honest I’ve become unfairly harsh to the Batman Begins score over the years. I guess my disappointment of the scores to rest of the trilogy rubbed off on BB. It’s far from a mediocre score now and even back in ‘05‘. It’s an average to decent Zimmer and Newton Howard effort at best. It’s also the strongest and most intimate score of the trilogy, imo. Lasiurus and “Corynorhinus” is a good example of that.

TDK score was a guilty pleasure of mine back in ‘08’. Nothing particularly special about the score b/c some moments felt like a retread of BB but “Harvey Two-Face”, “Like A Dog Chasing Cars”, and “Watch the World Burn" are each stand out tracks. I also didn’t care for the one - two note approach Zimmer took with the Joker motif.

TDKR score is easily the weakest and dullest Batman score of the trilogy and of any of the Batman scores in general, imho. It felt like a bland retread of the previous two, imo. The new themes/ motifs ( for Catwoman and Bane) didn’t impress me either. And I could feel JNH’s absence throughout the score b/c it was lacking the emotional depth he injected in the previous two scores, imo. I didn’t think Zimmer gave the conclusion of the trilogy a proper send off either.

Listened to the Batman Begins ost in honor of the film’s release date 10 years ago tomorrow . And I know I’ve shown a lot of antipathy towards the scores to TDKT, but I got to be honest I’ve become unfairly harsh to the Batman Begins score over the years. I guess my disappointment of the scores to rest of the trilogy rubbed off on BB. It’s far from a mediocre score now and even back in ‘05‘. It’s an average to decent Zimmer and Newton Howard effort at best. It’s also the strongest and most intimate score of the trilogy, imo. Lasiurus and “Corynorhinus” is a good example of that.

TDK score was a guilty pleasure of mine back in ‘08’. Nothing particularly special about the score b/c some moments felt like a retread of BB but “Harvey Two-Face”, “Like A Dog Chasing Cars”, and “Watch the World Burn" are each stand out tracks. I also didn’t care for the one - two note approach Zimmer took with the Joker motif.

TDKR score is easily the weakest and dullest Batman score of the trilogy and of any of the Batman scores in general, imho. It felt like a bland retread of the previous two, imo. The new themes/ motifs ( for Catwoman and Bane) didn’t impress me either. And I could feel JNH’s absence throughout the score b/c it was lacking the emotional depth he injected in the previous two scores, imo. I didn’t think Zimmer gave the conclusion of the trilogy a proper send off either.

I do like the Joker motif but I can never fully listen to "Why So Serious" after a few minutes in when the score drops a bit I just skip to the next track.

Yeah, TDKR score is very weak. Yup, just retreads. I like the Selina Kyle theme, do I listen to regularly like the other scores? No. Bane's them was I don't know, just not memorable. The first piece played in the movie was great and I like Why Do We Fall, but that's really it. It's complete retread. So if for some reason you hate the first two scores, then expect nothing from this score.

Begins. TDK is too annoying and TDKR is too loud. At least Begins had some heart, largely due to James Newton Howard being involved.

How quick did this poll close? Luckily my option already won.

TDK
BB
TDKR

That order. Best Batman scores ever.

Hard to believe, but The Dark Knight was released in theaters 10 years ago today. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard collaborated for the last time to write an even more tense ambient score for Christopher Nolan’s second superior installment in The Dark Knight trilogy.

Harvey Two-Face
[YT]-Cx5lcqF_Qo[/YT]

Blood On My Hands
[YT]epPJyCJzfxM[/YT]

Like A Dog Chasing Cars
[YT]MSGNmaIBww8[/YT]

And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad
[YT]wbcVAtmQbMk[/YT]

Introduce A Little Anarchy
[YT]qLL9TSXZ-eM[/YT]

Watch The World Burn
[YT]_NdV7-rOt2Y[/YT]

[YT][/YT]

It’s a shame that Nolan and Zimmer couldn’t convince Newton Howard to collaborate with them on the third and final installment, because of his absence I believe that’s why The Dark Knight Rises score lacked the heart Batman Begins and The Dark Knight scores had, but that’s neither here nor there.

Hard to believe, but The Dark Knight was released in theaters 10 years ago today. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard collaborated for the last time to write an even more tense ambient score for Christopher Nolan’s second superior installment in The Dark Knight trilogy.

Harvey Two-Face
[YT]-Cx5lcqF_Qo[/YT]

Blood On My Hands
[YT]epPJyCJzfxM[/YT]

Like A Dog Chasing Cars
[YT]MSGNmaIBww8[/YT]

And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad
[YT]wbcVAtmQbMk[/YT]

Introduce A Little Anarchy
[YT]qLL9TSXZ-eM[/YT]

Watch The World Burn
[YT]_NdV7-rOt2Y[/YT]

[YT][/YT]

It’s a shame that Nolan and Zimmer couldn’t convince Newton Howard to collaborate with them on the third and final installment, because of his absence I believe that’s why The Dark Knight Rises score lacked the heart Batman Begins and The Dark Knight scores had, but that’s neither here nor there.
I find it a little annoying that people forget to give credit to Howard for the first two scores. I also think Rises proved that he was an important ingredient to the mix. The Rises score just wears me down after a while. It's part of what makes watching that film an exhausting experience imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"