The DC characters REDESIGN thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Turner is the new Rob Liefeld.

Threshold said:
flash_1.jpg

See, Flash is much too big in this picture. That's Superman/Batman sized muscles there... And even those muscles are a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, but he sure looks like Ryan Renyolds in that pic.

I only like Turner on covers, it suits him well. 22 pages is too much for him.

*goes to work on Cyborg/Robin/Beast boy to get topic off Reynolds*

that nightwing sure is different...i like the robin design alot though, even though im not a fan of the light green....but very nice sketches either way....

The sketches are nice, but I entirely loathe both of those designs.

dansker said:
nightwing

punk-nightwing.jpg

Ugh. Nightwing...trying...to hard...to be...hip. *gag*

dansker said:
and Robin

robin.jpg

This one isn't that bad. The only thing I would change is the colors. I'd have the stuff in light green (most of the body) in black, and have the chest/torso and mask red. I'd also put either a cape or (for the designs I do for Robin) even a trenchcoat colored red.

man oh man, i can never win. i havent posted a lot of stuff and i dont consider myself an outstanding artist but man do i attact dim responses. i do greatly appreciate the suggestions, especially colour wise.

i guess i thought the whole idea of a redesign was to do something different. maybe even push the boundaries.

regarding why i did what i did. Nightwing was sorta a toungue and cheek response to a submission to the nightwing contest and my inability to get the hair right. why "punk" him up? why the hell not? every freakin character in comics is so straight. especially DC. sure its a little bit of cheese... Robin, I thought could do with sum pads and a slightly more fatigued look thus the green. the green really wasnt the right tint, i just wanted it to pop the pads out. even the red, i think should be deeper.

anyways done quick and put it up to get comments

thx

i think nightwing looks cool. like you said "why the hell not?"

i'd like to see more of him with some chains and smoke!

dansker said:
regarding why i did what i did. Nightwing was sorta a toungue and cheek response to a submission to the nightwing contest and my inability to get the hair right. why "punk" him up? why the hell not? every freakin character in comics is so straight. especially DC. sure its a little bit of cheese... Robin, I thought could do with sum pads and a slightly more fatigued look thus the green. the green really wasnt the right tint, i just wanted it to pop the pads out. even the red, i think should be deeper.

anyways done quick and put it up to get comments

thx

Yeah, but those spikes were kinda over-exacturated. Espically when you consider that it's a superhero. Espically if this superhero does many acrobatic s**t.

DarkKnightJRK said:
Yeah, but those spikes were kinda over-exacturated. Espically when you consider that it's a superhero. Espically if this superhero does many acrobatic s**t.

plus the secret identity would be kinda hard to keep with the hawk and the neck tattoo....

yeah i guess i pooched the deal on that secret identity thing....

akut401 said:
plus the secret identity would be kinda hard to keep with the hawk and the neck tattoo....

That too. Glad I thought of it. :p

Im sure he needed to hear that again. Its not like anyone else had said that already...heh. Hardly anyone has the balls to post an all out redesign of a character, least you could do was try and word it a little more politely. I know when people post their art they are open to all forms of communication ( good or bad )...but come on.

the robin designs cool, but i agree the colors are not working. but the green lantern pic is ****ing awesome. major thumbs up for that piece.

Well, no offense, I think the GL is a bit too clunky... slim it down...

dansker said:
the often reworked character, green lantern

Green-Lantern.jpg

I like this image. The design is very Tron-esque. I'm assuming the costume is made using the power of the ring.

I like the Robin design, I'd just switch the colors. The Nightwing is good, just not.......Nightwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"