DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Do you guys think the DCU films should build up to Darkseid again? Or should they go down the Crisis route and use the Anti-Monitor instead?
Snyder p***ed away the novelty with Darkseid just like he did with Batman and Superman's first meeting. I think they should wait a good long time before dipping into that well again. I would go with other big threats first. Mongul/Warworld like Boom suggested, or the Sinestro Corps or something, idk. There are plenty of good options for universal threats.

Snyder p***ed away the novelty with Darkseid just like he did with Batman and Superman's first meeting. I think they should wait a good long time before dipping into that well again. I would go with other big threats first. Mongul/Warworld like Boom suggested, or the Sinestro Corps or something, idk. There are plenty of good options for universal threats.
Edited my post above to include this as well, but maybe the Manhunters?

Edited my post above to include this as well, but maybe the Manhunters?
Sure, they could work too! I'm worried with the whole "terrestrial-based" comment that the Lanterns show will not really spotlight the Guardians like I'd hope. But if I'm wrong, it could be a nice way to start setting up the Manhunters.

Darkseid’s likely going to be their Thanos, we’ll see him but not for several “Chapters.” In my crazy mind, i would actually build Brainiac to be the first major threat to bring the heroes together.

He could be introduced in the Superman movies and Supes realizes that this is a threat he will need help with and we build up the Justice League.

Darkseid’s likely going to be their Thanos, we’ll see him but not for several “Chapters.” In my crazy mind, i would actually build Brainiac to be the first major threat to bring the heroes together.

He could be introduced in the Superman movies and Supes realizes that this is a threat he will need help with and we build up the Justice League.
The inclusion of Supergirl in "Chapter One" supports this possibility, imo.

She's kind of the outlier in that I can see why all the other ones would be chosen to lay a groundwork for those varied corners of the DCU, but she's an odd inclusion for a first chapter of anything, imo (but I'm not mad about it, a Woman of Tomorrow adaptation has been at the top of my DC movies wishlist ever since I read it!). The fact that they haven't even established Superman yet and already have an SG film in the works, tells me they're planning something with those two together sooner rather than later, and the most obvious one from the comics that's important to both of them would be Brainiac. OR New Krypton, but if we're talking events that will bring everyone together? Brainiac.

Yep. It's no coincidence that "Chapter One" did not include Flash, Aquaman or Wonder Woman movies. They're giving breathing room on those characters before moving on with them. I would bet money their reboots will all be in "Chapter Two."

True enough but chapters aren't equivalent it seems to phases so I hope they dont leave it til chapter 2 as that could be like phase 3 equivalent. If flash is a hit they should follow up soon. Just with a different actor and more self contained story.

What many fans especially snyderfans dont seem to understand, is how bad the General Audience sees Darkseid.
Like the General Audience doesnt care that Snyder said on Social Media that he is Uxas and not Darkseid.
The General Audience only sees this Thanos Rip-off getting his ass kicked in the first minutes easily and Snyder wanting people to feel like this same dude is such a Threat.

Selling them Darkseid now, will be incredible hard.
It will take some time and a lot of work to make this character feel like a threat.
Im all for using someone else as the big bad for now in the DCU.

Darkseid should be the "endgame" villain anyway, he's the biggest baddest villain in the DC pantheon. Even if Snyder hadnt brought in Darkseid in the Snyder Cut they'll probably wanna build him up and gradually make his presence felt.

Gunn is one of the few people I do trust to make Darkseid interesting and not just a big dumb alien cave troll who goes smashy smashy and scowls. His proclivity for Grant Morrison's work leads me to believe he'd draw heavily on Final Crisis - the most interesting portrayal of Darkseid by far.

I’m still annoyed that we never got the Ava Duvernay New Gods movie. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Wrinkle in Time sucked, I don’t ****ing care. Selma and When They See Us are better than the majority of films by various male directors who studios can’t stop giving second chances to.

But anyway, yes… if you want to do Darkseid, do it right. Make a New Gods movie and give us some real depth to his character instead of more one-dimensional Snyder BS. That would give you the right amount of build-up for him to become DC’s big bad.

1.jpg

Going by this it seems like The Brave and the Bold will come out in 2026. They want to release two movies a year so Superman Legacy and The Authority will be first on deck for 2025.

Isn't the second 2025 movie The Batman Part II?

I saw rumors of Mangold doing Swamp Thing... that could be interesting!

(Sorry if previously discussed just found this thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"