DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Should they go for a more muscular Diana this time around? Not pumped/ripped like a bodybuilder, but a physique along the lines of those of British heptathletes Jessica Ennis and Denise Lewis?

I hope so because not only would you have a new actress but you would also have a visually distinct to Gal.
I would love to see a more Darwyn Cooke type Wonder Woman in the DCU.

View attachment 61872

When I look at this pic to me I see a more muscular Wonder Woman. Not a shredded bodybuilder ripped WW but a WW who Hits the gym. I wish I could explain what I mean better but I'm drawing a blank on who I could compare her to and a better choice of words.

I've been watching Physical: 100 on Netflix, and some of the women there have the build you're trying to describe. Muscular and fit, but not jacked and ripped.

I've said this before but I would love a Greek actress cast as Diana. Or at least a Mediterranean one. Her ethnicity is extremely important.

I hope so because not only would you have a new actress but you would also have a visually distinct to Gal.

When I look at this pic to me I see a more muscular Wonder Woman. Not a shredded bodybuilder ripped WW but a WW who Hits the gym. I wish I could explain what I mean better but I'm drawing a blank on who I could compare her to and a better choice of words.

Someone like WWE wrestler Beth Phoenix, or Hayley Atwell if she lifted weights.

upload_2023-2-4_12-12-39.png

That 1940s curvy body type.

Should they go for a more muscular Diana this time around? Not pumped/ripped like a bodybuilder, but a physique along the lines of those of British heptathletes Jessica Ennis and Denise Lewis?

Personally i would definitly prefer someone along the lines of those Crossfit Girls, but i could deal with someone who is at least a bit more Buff than Gadot.
Nothing against her, she really bulked up for her Role...but for me it was too little.
I would like someone who is built bigger than her.

But in the end it needs to be someone who just has this Wonder Woman vibe.
For all the things Gadot lacked in the role, she made a lot up with just the way she carried herself.

You can’t employ someone like him and expect him to fall in line and do everything by the book lol. Gunn is Gunning :D

True that, and honestly...all those scoopers, leakers etc deserve to get their feathers ruffled.
We need a few more people with Bite to make things interesting again.

Going by this it seems like The Brave and the Bold will come out in 2026. They want to release two movies a year so Superman Legacy and The Authority will be first on deck for 2025.

I think WB is so obsessed with getting ‘The Trinity’ set up that they are failing to see other opportunities. Could audiences become bored of seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman so soon again (especially Batman)? I think they should have started with lesser known heroes for the first couple of films then the end of Chapter 1 being the big three.

While the New Frontier speculation is interesting and I love that comic, there’s not much “mystery” to unravel when it comes to the Centre, which is also a mainly Earthbound threat. I was thinking we’d be building toward something more akin to JLA: New World Order, myself. I could more easily see The Authority playing a role in something like that.

I would prefer a Thanos level threat to everything everywhere. Either the Anti-monitor or maybe Brainiac.

I don't think she was a strong enough actress though. Not that Gal Gadot is Meryl Streep, but she played the tough but innocent side of Diana that I don't see with Lawless.

Like with male actors who buff up for their roles, find the best actress for the part first, then they can train her and develop the right body.

You can’t employ someone like him and expect him to fall in line and do everything by the book lol. Gunn is Gunning :D

The Batgirl comments were still pretty rude. No need to disparage the entire cast and crew like that.

Say what you want about the previous ''regime'', but have a little more respect for the creatives. A simple, ''That movie was cancelled before our arrival. It's our understanding that the movie didn't work on a variety of levels. However, we would welcome the opportunity to examine any issues and quite possibly work with those involved in a different capacity''.

Personally, I will always prefer the polished corporate speak over the rough “say whatever pops in your head” method. Definitely think there was a classier way of explaining the Batgirl situation without sounding like you’re throwing the creatives under the bus. Like I may agree with the cancellation, especially from a financial standpoint, but there’s definitely a nicer way to explain it IMO.

So finally my brain started working and I think a build similar to WWE's Rhea Ripley would be a great look for a live action Wonder Woman. To me she has a good amount of muscle while still looking feminine. As for a actress I don't know, it seems like I'm out of the loop on actors these days. A lot of the time I'm like who's this actor then I look and discover I've seen a bunch of there movies. I think when it comes to movies and tv I just don't follow the actors anymore but rather just the general news about the projects I'm interested.

I honestly believe that Keanu Reeves Constantine 2 will be part of the Elseworlds Label if Constantine 2 had been part of the New DCEU they would have announced it i dont think Keanu Reeves will be the New DCEU Constantine

The Batgirl comments were still pretty rude. No need to disparage the entire cast and crew like that.

Say what you want about the previous ''regime'', but have a little more respect for the creatives. A simple, ''That movie was cancelled before our arrival. It's our understanding that the movie didn't work on a variety of levels. However, we would welcome the opportunity to examine any issues and quite possibly work with those involved in a different capacity''.
No one should ever say things like that about other creatives (who’ve already suffered), but my post was just responding to a post about the WBD suits not being happy with Gunn’s comments with a “what did they expect”.

Green Lantern and Flash have a very interesting lore i hope that especially Green Lantern they do the Character right this time Green Lantern deserves to have a Good Adaptation in Live Action and for Flash i just hope they dont cast Ezra Miller again The Flash Movie it has to be his Farewell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"