Guardians of the Galaxy The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

I'll just throw this out here... not the best actress per se, nor the best in terms of physical presence, but as I was recently reading GotG, I found myself subconsciously hearing Gamora's part with Claudia Black's voice (Farscape, Stargate SG-1, Dragon Age).

Probably not likely to happen -- especially with one Stargate cast already rumored, and the already inevitable comparisons to Farscape, even without sharing cast, but I can see certain similarities.

ValaMalDoran.jpg

Last edited:

am I the only one who finds this woman gross? All the moles all over her face. I couldn't stand to look at her in gotg. I know I am the ONLY minority that thinks this. But I say a hell no to her.

I think she's gross, and a friend of mine does to, so I got back up! :p

yeah man look at those tendons in her neck. They're like bridge cables. And the little white hairs on her forearms really stand out. What a sasquatch.

2/10 - Would not bang.

:dry:

Yeah, look at those moles on her skin. See the center one on her forehead? Talk about bullseye, am I right? Ugh, just noticed those tattoos. Can you say "complete sl*t"? I can. Total turn off.

-1/10 for me. I'm sick to my stomach.

Excuse me, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge now.

Last edited:
Are they all moles, or are some of them beauty spots which aren't 3D? As far as I know, only the one between her eyes is 3D, whereas the rest on her face are just freckles, which a lot of actresses have, as well as beauty spots over their body.

As for the "white hairs" on her arms, aren't they blonde? I thought she's naturally a blonde.

Liz Lemon for Gamora!:o
RVkcCZL.gif

but seriously...I still want Dawson...i'd also be ok with this woman...
swQo7DX.jpg

What can I say. I liked Dollhouse, Buffy, Angel & Jay and Silent Bob strike back. She may not be the BEST actress...but she is a badass.:woot:

I like Palicki for the role but LOL @ the source

Wouldn't mind if their guess was right

Source-o-copter!

She looks eerily like the concept art in that shot. Lips, nose, facial structure.

Why are you so quick to bash the MCU page? They are great. I remember a while back they said Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, and Lee Pace were in consideration for a Marvel role... alas, they were up for Star-Lord almost a year later.

Because they just make **** up and post it, like most of the other fansites that spread these rumors

I'd be fine with Adrianne, but that means no big star for Gamora? If it's not Star Lord, Drax or the Orion Slave Girl, then I guess it has to be Rocket or Groot.

They could hire someone like Daddario or they could hire a talented actress. It's a toss-up

Well then, you better chop Rachel Nichols off the list. She's an awful actress. Go watch her performances in GI Joe: Rise of Cobra and Conan. If you can survive that double feature, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I don't think there will be an "big star" for GotG. It's an ensemble. Marvel doesn't typically hire A-listers, either. Unless they're the villain of the piece.

I'm curious about them having two green characters on the team Gamora and Drax will sit with audiences. Somebody here had a great suggestion to merge Moondragon & Gamora and have Gamora be Drax's daughter. It would explain their color. Signing on for the role must be an interesting choice, as they're going to be painting your body for hours everyday. Although, I'm sure the movie design won't be showing as much skin as the comics.

Last edited:
Because they just make **** up and post it, like most of the other fansites that spread these rumors

Exactly. Anybody who claims to have a "super secret source" inside Marvel or any other studios elicits nothing more than an eye-roll from me nowadays.

I don't see why this Palicki rumor has been given any credence AT ALL. First off, it's rarely ever anybody off the rumored contenders lists that ends up getting the role. And secondly, Palicki sucks. She has the distinct habit of appearing in quite a few movies and TV shows without a single one of them being good and she's never shown herself to be anything other than a generically pretty girl that probably should've just gotten a desk job and made way for someone better.

Well then, you better chop Rachel Nichols off the list. She's an awful actress. Go watch her performances in GI Joe: Rise of Cobra and Conan. If you can survive that double feature, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I don't think there will be an "big star" for GotG. It's an ensemble. Marvel doesn't typically hire A-listers, either. Unless they're the villain of the piece.

I'm curious about them having two green characters on the team Gamora and Drax will sit with audiences. Somebody here had a great suggestion to merge Moondragon & Gamora and have Gamora be Drax's daughter. It would explain their color. Signing on for the role must be an interesting choice, as they're going to be painting your body for hours everyday. Although, I'm sure the movie design won't be showing as much skin as the comics.

And that may well be the plan. Put relative noobs in the good guys' roles, and then get a scenery-chewing Hollywood icon in Thanos' cosmic boots. It makes the villain truly drive the piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"