Guardians of the Galaxy The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

Not sure if height or weight is an issue, for choosing an actress, but I think all they really need to do is create the air of awesome warriorness around her.
on NCIS Zeva is (Height & Weight: 5' 6", 145) and is supposed
to be this ultimate weapon, warrior.
Xena was height: 5ft 9.5in
Buffy was 5 foot 2 – Approx 100 lbs

I think all they need to do is cast someone who can play the part, maybe do a few stunts (that they allow the actor to do legally) and then just have her be this awesome warrior/fighter. Create this air of deadlyness around her and that she is Thanos's daughter. Have people whisper about her, she walks through a alien cantena and ruthless outlaws know of her and are afraid of her.
In my opinion that will make her seem larger than she is, if height is something people think is a requirement.

In GOTG comic Quill's father is amazed/shocked that Gamora is with his crew, and is jealous.
gamora-600x455.jpg

Last edited:
Batista as Drax (can he do it well?) voice over talking to Quill, showing Gamora walking through the bar;

"you get 2 kinds of people with Gamora. Those who leave her alone..... And dead people. "

Quill "well, WE'RE not exactly 'leaving her alone'."

Drax, "no, and we're going to end up dead....." *cuts to Drax getting up from table* "but not before I kill HIM!"...

F yes!!! There's that star power everyone's been waiting for.

Ok, I don't know if I like Saldana as Gamora, given that she's already a character in 2 major franchises. I would've preferred someone newer and fresher. I guess if she weren't part of Avatar and Star Trek already she might not be bad, but I would rather not have had her as "Guhura".

Does this explain why she's blue in the concept art? ;)

Saldana needs to start eating and training then. Last time I checked Gamora didnt look starved.

I know fans already have chicks in mind for these roles, so it is what it is. They do need at least one person in the cast that is close to A-list though. And it wasn't gonna be a good actress that only geeks know.

Ok, I don't know if I like Saldana as Gamora, given that she's already a character in 2 major franchises. I would've preferred someone newer and fresher. I guess if she weren't part of Avatar and Star Trek already she might not be bad, but I would rather not have had her as "Guhura".

I don't have a problem with her being in other franchises, especially since one of them she's playing a character entirely made from CGI.

My problem is that, if Gamora is as tough as some of you say she is, I think Saldana might be a tad too skinny for the role. Acting wise, I'm sure she'll do great, I just hope she gets up to a healthier weight, she got way too skinny there after Avatar, during when she made that Columbiana film.

Zoe's gonna be a big pull for black audiences when they see that she's in this movie. Just sayin'.

And I'm very happy to hear this, can't wait to see her sexy ass as Gamora.

She's hot for a skinny chick.

That's the brotha in me talking. :o

But...Mila Kunis...

Well, Saldana will be fine. Don't be OK with Bautista then say meh to Saldana.

HOLY UHURA BATMAN!!

I adore Zoe Saldana. I've been dying for more women of color in these movies. She may be tiny, but she plays badass unbelievably well.

I'm in. Was a little 'meh' about Bautista, but Pratt and Saldana? HELLS YEAH!

Now I want to hear about Rocket.

Zoe's gonna be a big pull for black audiences when they see that she's in this movie. Just sayin'.

But hopefully she'll be green and not black, just so that they can have a black character. :argh:

Mila Kunis? No thanks... the girl is great, I love her. But she can't really act imo.

Zoe's better at handling drama than Kunis. Action too.

But hopefully she'll be green and not black, just so that they can have a black character. :argh:

Yeah, of course she won't be black in the movie. Black people will just see the name and be attracted to the movie.

Reminds me of when my sister and I saw a trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness in the theater in front of Oz, and when she saw Zoe in it, she was like "Hm, she's in this? I'd watch it.".

Last edited:

No doubt. I know for sure my sister will be watching this now..lol. She loves Saldana.

I was hoping for someone else...

Someone without the baggage of two other giant sci fi movies would have been nice as I would have seen Gamora and not Neytiri.

... Zoe looked nothing like Neytiri, you could only hear her voice.

Gamora will be a completely different character, in looks, mannerisms, action... pretty much everything. I don't see the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"