The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by KangConquers, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I was really hoping she would have an epic fight scene with Nebula...but sadly she didnt. Hopefully next film.

2. NJCaliboi Registered

Yeah in terms of the fierce warrior she is and fighting skills she posses she was definitely understated, no doubt. I thought Zoe did a fine job and i loved the character, it's just that she wasnt used to anywhere close to her full potential. Im also hopeful that moving forward she will be fleshed out more and that we can see her be the bad ass the galaxy knows her to be!

3. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I thought we would see something as ferocious as the wolverine versus deathstryke scene in x2 but my standards may have been set too high.

Anyway, I loved her. She's so fierce and cool. I love her purple highlights

4. Majik1387 Registered

They're red lowlights, not purple. :huh:

5. Bullseye1 Registered

I thought the actress was fine in the role but she had little or nothing to do and we saw nothing of what the a character is really capable of. Hopefully in the sequel.

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Well when she is suppose to be one of the deadliest assassins in the galaxy....I would set my standards high.

7. CB Fan The Watcher

Of all the characters I was disappointed in Gamora, I didn't see anything that warranted her title as the deadliest woman and I definitely didn't think she did anything Widow hasn't already done. They have some catching up to do when it comes to her role in the next movie.

8. NJCaliboi Registered

See I can get how someone can be disappointed but I want to be clear from my earlier post that I did not. Sure I was disappointed that she wasn't as bad-ass as I wanted, but at the same time what Gamora did bring to the table made the character feel needed and it also endeared me to her. She had heart and was the teams moral compass and the family element, although not nearly as fleshed out as it could've been, added an interesting layer.

Definitely tons of room for growth the next time around but not a bad start IMO.

9. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

I think people are right in saying that her dangerousness wasn't played up enough. However, she was integral to the plot, was very proactive, had character development, and looked very cool. I became a Gamora fan after the movie.

10. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

Do they even call her the "most dangerous woman in the galaxy" in the movie?

11. Majik1387 Registered

12. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

I think she could have been a lot deadlier, but I was pleasantly surprised with her role in the film.

13. Guard82 Registered

I liked Gamora because she was fierce and fun. She also showed her softer side when she was ashamed of her reputation as an associate of Ronan and Thanos, and wanted to start a different kind of life.

14. Loki882 Registered

I feel like she was also stuck with the "straight role" in the movie. All of the other Guardians have an obvious and clearly defined "quirk" to them:

-Star Lord is a cocky *****e.
    -Drax takes everything literally.
    -Rocket is Rocket.
    -Groot is like an adorable/badass puppy in many ways.

By contrast, Gamora was the one who was taking everything seriously from the beginning, and any humor that she did have was very deadpan. So that limited how much she stood out. I DID really like how she was essentially the team's moral center and how her dark past clearly weighed on her. I also don't think that Star Lord's character arc/development could have worked without her. She pushes him to become a better person. I kind of feel like her big character arc, and Nebula's for that matter, will happen whenever Thanos begins to have a bigger role/get more actively involved.

15. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

She did take the Footloose metaphor serious. She basically is the only sane man on the team but still kinda naive.

16. Loki882 Registered

Well there was this whole "aliens don't understand human culture/references" running gag going throughout the movie. Those last few scenes also make me think that they might do a Quill/Gamora romance in the sequel.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wouldn't mind if Zoe Saldana were green in real life. She looks very attractive like that. Maybe she could be dressed like an Orion slave girl.

18. Majik1387 Registered

Do you ever not share your fantasies? :huh:

19. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I love Zoe Saldana as Gamora, but I'm concerned that with the sequel slanted to be released in 3 years, she may not have the time with her new child, Star Trek 3, and maybe even Avatar 2-4 (if Cameron decides to finally start shooting). I hope they won't be forced to recast Gamora with a different actress.

20. GriffinSTatum Registered

She could prioritize her obligations like this:

1. Child
    2. GotG
    3/4. Star Trek/Avatar

Because really, we all would rather have her return for GotG over the other two films :o Even though I am putting the sarcastic face, I am being serious, although it is up mainly so others opinions can be respected.

21. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Switch that 1 to 4 and you may have something there we can all relate to.

22. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

I think Gamora had a pretty thankless job in the movie. Someone needs to balance everyone out, and I thought she was great. I tend to like the "straight" characters in these types of situations. At least she drove the plot forward and had some morality. I'm actually fine with them downplaying her deadly side, since Rocket and Drax are already extremely violent.

23. NJCaliboi Registered

I liked when she told Drax, "I spared Ur life once princess". It illustrated the point that w.that scene w.Drax she got the drop on him then she dropped the knife and LET him have the advantage- so that was nice. I think the only scene I had a hard time with was when those random prison goons captured her. No way those random guys would capture Black Widow so no way they should capture Gamora. Outside of that one isolated scene I actually thought the character was awesome. Mad_Ones said it best she had the thankless, but necessary part n the movie.

24. Majik1387 Registered

On Watch What Happens Live! this past week, she said she was going to be filming Avatar 2, 3, and 4, back to back, next year.

25. ctsketch Registered

Nope