The Defenders The Defenders Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

I wonder if they will hook up Luke with Misty in a romantic capacity even though he is with Claire

I don't get why he even hooked up with her in the first place. It seemed real awkward that they never seemed to bring attention to it after the first episode.

Kinda glad because they seem better as friends/working relationship than a "flirting/seductive relationship between the 2.

It was just a one night stand is how I saw it. How many women has the guy slept with so far? Lol

Its just casual behavior for everybody on these shows.

It was just a one night stand is how I saw it. How many women has the guy slept with so far? Lol

Its just casual behavior for everybody on these shows.

in a way it's kinda funny, but then I mean like "do all Black guys gotta be a player or seen as Alpha males". Let the Asian guys get their fair screentime for that.

It's funny cause Danny seems almost a virgin in comparison.

in a way it's kinda funny, but then I mean like "do all Black guys gotta be a player or seen as Alpha males". Let the Asian guys get their fair screentime for that.

It's funny cause Danny seems almost a virgin in comparison.

....Danny is a virgin in comparison. Apart from Colleen, I doubt he's been with any woman. He was in K'un L'un his entire life.

I don't know for some reason I don't think that Danny is a virgin. They had to have at least some good looking honeys in the village or whatever. It's kinda funny that Danny got some but Cap is still a virgin.

Danny Rand has been with more women than Steve Rogers.

Umm guys, he slept with Colleen.

Matt has had his fair share...

What's really funny about this is that we never actually see it in the show. The only time we see Matt have sex is a flashback from 10 years before with Elektra. Nothing in present day (Unlike Luke, Jessica, and Danny in their respective series).

So currently I'm of the opinion that Foggy thought all those late nights of Matt's were him spending it with a woman when in reality Matt was going out as Daredevil. And Matt just fostered Foggy's assumption.

Foggy's referenced Matt and his luck with women quite a bit. I recall a line of like Matt getting involved with a beautiful woman and Foggy Nelson having to suffer for it.

Luke has been outright ridiculous lol.

Personally, I liked Luke's chemistry with Misty the most.

Yeah, they were good together.

Misty's bionic arm being Stark tech would be such a simple yet meaningful link to the marvel movies. Lame af that they probably wont go that route tho :(

EDIT: Werent the Judas Bullets in Luke Cage Hammer Tech though? As in Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2? So if they did that then maybe??

I've no idea why they wouldn't use the origin of the bionic arm to further the universe thing.

Foggy's referenced Matt and his luck with women quite a bit. I recall a line of like Matt getting involved with a beautiful woman and Foggy Nelson having to suffer for it.

Show me, don't tell me

:sly:

The photo of her that was released. She looks so damn good with that arm. I can't wait for season 2. I hope she has a bigger role.

The photo of her that was released. She looks so damn good with that arm. I can't wait for season 2. I hope she has a bigger role.

Yeah the arm looks a lot better than I had imagined.

Show me, don't tell me

:sly:
Hey I was advocating for Jessica and Matt to get paired up and wreck a whole room in a tryst. Marco Ramirez wouldn't bite on that though.

Last edited:
So even with the flaws of this season, do you guys still prefer seeing the defenders over the likes of Coulson's team from AOS?

I love both teams for different reasons and therefore do not prefer one over the other.

That said, Coulson's team has had 4 seasons to gel and are basically a family at this point.

So even with the flaws of this season, do you guys still prefer seeing the defenders over the likes of Coulson's team from AOS?

Yes. They have better, more coherent writing and characterization. Even at its best, AoS suffers from weird character choices and constant direction-shifts. Combine that with the show's original sin, and you have issues.

Yep.

The show was good, but it had so much potential. My expectations were SKY HIGH, so it probably was never going to live up to it.

A Solid B i give it.

Can't wait for the new seasons of JJ and DD.

My full Defenders review/discussion. First off I'll rank the Marvel/Netflix series' from best to worst.

1) DD S1 (9/10)
2) DD S2 (8/10)
3) JJ (7.5/10)
4) Defenders (7/10)
5) LC (6.5/10)
6) IF (2/10)

1) Daredevil Season 1 was outstanding. Easily the best on screen portrayal of a street level hero. There were about 3 filler episodes in the middle that kept it from being a 10/10.

2) If Daredevil Season 2 was only The Punisher storyline then it would have been a 10+/10. Every scene Bernthal's Castle was in was amazing, stunning, and brutal. It was everything a fan of the character ever wanted to see. Unfortunately, every scene involving Elektra and The Hand was very weak and felt completely forced.

3) Jessica Jones' first few episodes were creepy, scary, and disturbing. It was amazing television. The last few episodes were pretty great too. Unfortunately, there was about 5 episodes of complete filler sandwiched in between. This should have been an outstanding 8 episode show.

4) Every scene involving The Defenders interacting or fighting was enjoyable. I also enjoyed the scenes of the characters separate over the first three episodes. Anyone else catch the use of red lighting for all DD scenes, blue for JJ, yellow for LC, and green for IF? If not, watch the first three episodes again. However, once again The Hand was just not interesting or threatening. And once again Elektra's character was pointless and poorly acted. The plot was bizarre ("Let's find dragon bone juice so we can live forever!") and honestly any number of other options would have worked better.

5) Luke Cage was great for the first 2/3 of the series but definitely struggled to the finish line. I did admire Marvel's attempt to do a completely different type of show though.

6) Iron Fist...oh dear...Iron Fist. I've seen some apologists for this show online recently. "It's not THAT bad!" Guys and gals, let's be honest...this show was ABYSMAL! It was awful from start to finish. I hated it from the first awful scenes of hippie Danny Rand dopily wondering around in a high school drama production level acting performance by Finn Jones. It never got any better. The fights sucked. And he never even used his IRON FIST! You know the name of the show!!!! He hit 2 walls and an elevator. Just all around miserably bad.

So the overall message that I hope Marvel/Netflix gets is: 1) make every season about 8 episodes, that seems to be the quality limit and 2) fire every human being responsible for creating, writing, and allowing Iron Fist to air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"