The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Danny wearing a costume would make his fight scenes better, because now that they can use a stunt man more easily. Here their commitment to "realism" hurts the end product.This is why Daredevil had better fight scenes.

No costume could have fixed the mess that was the "fight" with Bride of Nine Spiders wannabe. That wasn't even laughably bad, it was depressing, and it was just the standout for me, because many of the other fights were also bad.

Anybody read the New Defenders comic?

Finished the first issue and it was solid. This is what Bendis should've been writing instead of Guardians. Street-level is his wheelhouse. Looking forward to the next issue. I recommend this book.

DC5DlnOUMAAiNeX.jpg

Hopefully that poster means new trailer soon.

We'll definitely get one in July...seeing as how this is set to be released in mid August.

I really thought I'd be more pumped for this series.

The Jessica Jones ones is particularly hilarious

I get that its her character but she has the same damn face the whole time

So on to other news.... nobody read the comic?

Yeah I think the set up was good. Glad to see Bendis writing these characters again.

I'd really like to see the costumes represented a bit more in this series. I can deal with Luke and Jessica not really having one, but I had hoped they'd find a reason to give Danny his. And I genuinely hope DD wears his more than just an episode or two. Thankfully they've proven that the costumes aren't required to make an engaging show with good stories, but at the end of the day, these are comic book characters.

The costume mess won't change unless Loeb goes away. He's the biggest "costumes look stupid" guy Marvel has on the payroll.

The costume mess won't change unless Loeb goes away. He's the biggest "costumes look stupid" guy Marvel has on the payroll.

No he isn't. It's the showrunners fault... And by "showrunner", I basically JUST mean Scott Buck.

Yeah, there haven't really been any costume issues in the other shows. Just Iron Fist.

Yeah, there haven't really been any costume issues in the other shows. Just Iron Fist.

I don't agree, but we're beating a dead horse at this point. I think Mockingbird and even Daredevil suggest issues with costumes. Just compare Doctor Strange to Daredevil and see how one goes out of their way to tone it down.

Doctor Strange is magical. Daredevil, like Cap, is not.

I don't agree, but we're beating a dead horse at this point. I think Mockingbird and even Daredevil suggest issues with costumes. Just compare Doctor Strange to Daredevil and see how one goes out of their way to tone it down.

I don't think that comparison tracks. Doctor Strange, Mockingbird, and Daredevil are designed to fit the tone of their individual stories. All of which varies on narrative, character, and setting. Even with that there does exist a consistency to the designs across the MCU. Daredevil, Mockingbird, Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye all have designs which fits the world they're in, yet at the same time are very consistent with each other given the reason they would have/need/use their outfits for. The difference between Daredevil and Doctor Strange is the same difference between Hawkeye and Doctor Strange.

Daredevil has a rather accurate look that aligns with the comic look. If your complaint is about the color and that it isn't bright red, then that's just ridiculous.

Also, you use Doctor Strange's look as an example and yet it's really toned down compared to the comic look. The collar is not as dramatic, he doesn't have the gloves and since everyone complains about costume color brightness, the colors are all toned down. With all those changes, it still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"