BvS The Doomsday Thread

Nope, it wasnt just him missing a few of the bigger spikes. His face was not right. He looked too much like Abominations brother. His body shape was waay off too. He was too square looking. Especially in the hips and waist area. And he only had maybe 50% of the bones/spikes that he has in the comics. And the size/shape and amount of the spikes are what give him his look. He also did not have any hair. He supposed to have "hulk hogan" style hair.
If Snyder and Co thought that they could save the more faithful version for another movie they are even bigger idiots than I thought. Doomsday is a once and done character. He serves only 1 purpose. Thats it. We wont be seeing him again unless its a cameo where he's shown restrained or in a high tech jail cell.
IMO Snyder should be slapped upside the head for having the gaul to change Doomsdays classic look. Who the heck does he think he is?
This just furthers my belief that these kinds of movies need to have the concepts and ideas tested by people like us. Not out in the public. But they need to select maybe 100 true fans of whatever character/story they want to do and have them all sign NDA's and use them to make sure a screwup this stupid doesnt make it to the final product.
And NO he did NOT look close enough...

Hulk Hogan hair huh...

Not close enough to ...a cartoon image? Some things just don't translate and look good in live action.

I think Doomsday looked enough like the comic to know who he is. And again...he is a HYBRID Doomsady. Not the pure Kryptonian version...so he "should" look a little different.

See, the way I look at it is that I imagine the COMICs are drawn "after" the live action "real"characters. Artists interpret the real life figures and "stylize" the figures to be able to draw them for comics. That's why Superman has blue hair! You don't get super accurate cartoon drawings, just the gist. A caricature.

I'ts a reverse thinking. The Comics were made to tell the tale of the superheros to kids.

This has been suggested in some films like CA and Avengers...

If you look at it that way, everything makes perfect sense...

Last edited:
Back from my second viewing and although I was once again disappointed that he didn't evolve for a second time when his arm was cut off and he didn't become the Doomsday from the comics, I still feel his fighting style and the pure threatening feeling that he was giving off was pure Doomsday on a thematic level.

The fight was great but it would have been perfect if while his arm bone was growing back, his body went through a second evolution to his final form with the chin, shoulder an knee spikes which should have existed at the end, even if for a few seconds.

Anyway, since this is really DoomZodZarro with a twist, I will hold out hope that we see him return in some way and that he is truly the Doomsday from the comics at some point in the future.

Other than this one gripe, for me the movie was pretty much perfection so I guess I can let it slide.

Back from my second viewing and although I was once again disappointed that he didn't evolve for a second time when his arm was cut off and he didn't become the Doomsday from the comics, I still feel his fighting style and the pure threatening feeling that he was giving off was pure Doomsday on a thematic level.

The fight was great but it would have been perfect if while his arm bone was growing back, his body went through a second evolution to his final form with the chin, shoulder an knee spikes which should have existed at the end, even if for a few seconds.

Anyway, since this is really DoomZodZarro with a twist, I will hold out hope that we see him return in some way and that he is truly the Doomsday from the comics at some point in the future.

Other than this one gripe, for me the movie was pretty much perfection so I guess I can let it slide.

Also remember that at that time, he was then lassoed and then hit with the Kryptonite granade ! He WAS starting to spaz out again but was held back due to the lasso and gas...

Also remember that at that time, he was then lassoed and then hit with the Kryptonite granade ! He WAS starting to spaz out again but was held back due to the lasso and gas...

Haha, yeah but that's exactly why I kept expecting him to evolve any moment at the end. His arm was cut off, lasso was keeping him restrained, Kryptonite gas was hurting his cells and degenerating them.

And then he should have evolved considering this was the 'unkillable' monster that was even acknowledged in the movie. All those attacks should have triggered his final form.

I love how the bone that sprouted from his arm looked though, haha. That was the one bone of his body that looked like the real Doomsday's and I'm actually glad [BLACKOUT]that was used by him in the end to kill Supes.[/BLACKOUT]

That's really why I'm a bit diappointed. We got a live action Doomsday for the first and most probably only time and they couldn't go all the way and make him look like the comics. They kept teasing it and almost made it perfect but didn't go all the way. I don't understand how that even happened considering it was Zack Snyder at the helm and he can make things from the comics come alive like nobody's business haha.

But oh well, gotta live with it.

I thought they did a pretty good job showing a guy with the bone growths, and the one on his arm was vicious. I always thought the long white hair was all kinds of 90's X-Treme stupid, could care less about its inclusion.

They've talked about using Doomsday again, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was seen again and further evolved. Especially given some of the modern Darkseid/Trinity storylines.

I thought they did a pretty good job showing a guy with the bone growths, and the one on his arm was vicious. I always thought the long white hair was all kinds of 90's X-Treme stupid, could care less about its inclusion.

They've talked about using Doomsday again, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was seen again and further evolved. Especially given some of the modern Darkseid/Trinity storylines.

They have?? That's great news! Makes me really hopeful for seeing the full spiky Doomsday in the future.

It'd be kind of silly not to. He's in a ton of the New 52 early origin stuff and several of the modern classic Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Darkseid stories.

I'm not a big comic book guy so I don't know for sure but doesn't Darkseid use or try to use Doomsday at some point and it kind of backfires?

Like eight or nine times, yeah. There's potential there.

Upon another viewing I still love his inclusion in BvS & he provided some awesome visuals. With that said, I'm hoping that in future appearances he'll actually talk. Would be nice to get another version of Doomsday that displays actual intelligence.

Agreed... I thought he was well portrayed and was extremely powerful. If he comes back, a more intelligent progression would be welcomed for sure.

I think DD was my biggest disappointment in the end. I always thought it was too early to use him and Bizarro would have been better to use in finale. I am still pissed Bertron or more of his origin wasn't used as his origin is one of the most interesting things about him. I didn't think the fight was that special either.

I like the movie a lot as people who see my other posts on here can see. But for me Doomsday was a big let down.

I hope they do use him again but after him killing Superman here it really would be a bit redundant. Unless thy use him to show how powerful Darkseid is by having him put down Doomsday in JL.

Doomsday!!! freaking love it!!! who else is better fighting than general Zod!*the kryptonian who escaped from the open pod must has evolved himself as doomsday!!! love it!!! bring it on!!!*screw* those complaint about the destruction.*scale up the destruction!!!

defeating doomsday is the best way for superman winning the trust of the people

N batman maybe the one rescueing superman from the serious injury!!!
I got it right the beginning... but I didn't for the ending. :(

After getting a good look at Croc in SS, do you think they could have made DD practically or at least a mix? If he was like 7.5-8 feet tall of course.

Well, if Clark can come back from the 'dead'.. all depends on what they did with Doomsday?

Let's say the government locked him up, buried the box, DD regaining consciousness, trying to get out of that box would mess him up big time, bone would break, regrow, hair may start growing.. you could have a right beast down there.

I think DD was my biggest disappointment in the end. I always thought it was too early to use him and Bizarro would have been better to use in finale. I am still pissed Bertron or more of his origin wasn't used as his origin is one of the most interesting things about him. I didn't think the fight was that special either.

I like the movie a lot as people who see my other posts on here can see. But for me Doomsday was a big let down.

I hope they do use him again but after him killing Superman here it really would be a bit redundant. Unless thy use him to show how powerful Darkseid is by having him put down Doomsday in JL.

Actually Darkseid was almost killed by Doomsday until he boom tubed him, IIRC.

I really liked the scene when WW and Doomsday stared and then charged each other!!

Actually Darkseid was almost killed by Doomsday until he boom tubed him, IIRC.

True, I read the comic, but later Darkseid resurrected Doomsday and beat the crap out of him to show he was superior.

But anyway, this ain't the comics, they can change things.

Everything about Doomsday was horrible in my opinion. Garbage story...and visual.

Funny thing is Doomsday wasn't even great looking villain with a great story. Somehow they made it even worse. Just like how Batman & Robin made Bane even worse.

Why didn't Lex just release Doomsday from the beginning anyway and forced for Batman & Superman fight? For amusement?...and how exactly he was going to stop Doomsday after killing superman? What was Lex trying to achive, destroy the planet?

Okay 1. I know they had a lotta storylines in this one, but if they'd have hinted Doomy more in the film he wouldn't seem such an out-of-place beast.

2. His CGI was okay, just wish more money was spent on that fight scene rather than other things in the film.

Should have never been in the film to begin with.

This I can agree with. I do wish they would have saved Doomsday and the death storyline for a later movie.

Bizarro, Metallo or both could have been used for the finale in BvS.

Metallo easily could've been the villain the guy who lost his legs could've been John Corben and Luthor could've manipulated him into going after Superman.

Or OMAC. That would have made a lot more sense, since Lex is a tech wizard. But just like Bryan Singer, Snyder and Terrio went with "lazy" Lex, who just lets a bunch of Kryptonian tech do the work for him instead of creating something himself. Ugh.

Metallo easily could've been the villain the guy who lost his legs could've been John Corben and Luthor could've manipulated him into going after Superman.

Exactly, would have been much better than wasting Doomsday like they did. Don't get me wrong I like the movie but this was my only real issue with it. Doomsday should have been saved, same with the Death Of storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"