• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Duck-Billed Platypus Appreciation Thread

Piper Maru

Reaction score
This is a thread to show appreciation for this aberration of nature, here we can discuss this duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal that lays eggs.

platypus_662_600x450_zpscb47ed25.jpg

platypusLg_zpsa0706194.jpg

lifesciences-platypus_zpsd8714142.jpg

8e6270e71950720bfcdf2890c9bae5c5_zps8a4980b3.jpg

No close relatives in the animal kingdom, correct?

This is a thread to show appreciation for this aberration adoration of nature, here we can discuss this duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal that lays eggs.
It makes so much sense...
v5iq34.jpg

Last edited:
The majestic platypus. An aberration created in the image of the great Cthulhu himself.

Probing Platypus Evolution
[YT]OVneqhu9oZk[/YT]
National Geographic researchers are trying to collect DNA samples from these odd duck-billed mammals to determine whether there are separate subspecies.

Platypi are the original species. It was they who crawled forth from the primordial soup, who's hair drifted across the four winds and bred life on this planet like a thousand lovely spores, and it was the Platypus who constructed the precursor to human DNA with its own bare hands. ALL HAIL THE CREATORS.

Truth is stranger than fiction it would seem. :shr:

Who needs mermaids and centaurs when you have a beady-eyed duck-beaver thingy.

The more I read up on these creatures, the more shocked I am. They're venomous, they have electrolocation among other things. It's like they originated on another planet!

There's a reason the platypus is the OFFICIAL national animal of Hypelantis. :atp:

I just can't imagine how that would even work...which was the father and which was the mother?

I just saw the episode of South Park where Damien turned Kenny into a humanoid duckbill platypus.

So... What powers do you get when you are bitten by a venomous, irradiated platypus?

Whoever wins the JJJ's Ulcer vs Spider-Aziz Deathmatch, will be knighted by the holy Platypus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarMachine95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"