The Dunwich Horror

By all reports he did a great job with COOS so by all means, bring on more adaptations.

He mentioned a third film as his trilogy of the most famous H.P. Lovecraft stories. He didn't want to say which yet but I assume the third would be In the Mountains of Madness?

He mentioned a third film as his trilogy of the most famous H.P. Lovecraft stories. He didn't want to say which yet but I assume the third would be In the Mountains of Madness?
I'd say either Mountains or Innsmouth.

Personally I wish he did those two over Dunwich. Much better stories.

I’d love to see At the Mountains of Madness, but I suspect that would take a way bigger budget than they have. Innsmouth we already got a half decent version of with Dagon. Based on what they’ve done so far my guess would be Dreams in the Witch-House.

Dreams in the Witch House was also some recently for Masters of Horror.

Mountains of Madness is his most famous with Dunwich, so it must be what he was implying. And keeping it his third, might be able to build up a bigger budget depending on how well this film and Dunwich eventually does.

Mountains of Madness hopefully would get a wide theatrical release when/if it ever gets released.

I don't see it being Mountains. The Thing and Prometheus already cover similar ground and The Thing is apparently getting remade... Again.

I actually caught the Color Out of Space last night. It's definitely one of the better adaptions of Lovecraft's work and unlike Stuart Gordon's movies, actually captures the tone and the spirit of the material. It's a solid 9/10 for me.

Can't wait for Dunwich. I'd put money on the last film of Stanley's trilogy being The Call of Cthulhu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"