The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) thread

I think Microsoft got the biggest reveals.

The more I think about it the less likely I feel Joel is going to have a big role in this. It look like based on the trailers so far that Ellie’s girlfriend is going to be killed and she’s going to go out for revenge, I don’t know where that leaves Joel in that type of story.
I get the feeling that what we have seen so far is Ellie on patrol, and she will come back to a disaster. And I think I figured out how Joel might be gone for a bit without dying. He'll be captured.

Damn, I'm still processing all that goodness from Sony press + Cyberpunk.

I loved Sly Cooper and Infamous, but Ghosts of Tsushima’s combat looks awful. It looked like Assassin’s Creed 1.

I loved Sly Cooper and Infamous, but Ghosts of Tsushima’s combat looks awful. It looked like Assassin’s Creed 1.

Enemies waiting for their turn to die, basically killed any excitement I had for the game.

Enemies waiting for their turn to die, basically killed any excitement I had for the game.

Exactly. It’s kinda bummer. On paper, Sucker Punch and Samurai sounds awesome, but damn man. That stuff gets old so quick.

I thought Sony was a bit smaller than expected honestly. They’ve got the money for big exclusive games I thought they would announce something new. Great to see Ellie smooching and dancing though.

I also liked that man eater game where you play as “maneater” and swim around swallowing seamen all day. I hope that’s not an exclusive. I can’t wait to play as a shark!

Last edited:
Not counting Nintendo press, games I'm looking forward to the most: Cyberpunk, DMC5, TLOUPII, RE2R, DS. Good selection this year. Tsushima - need to see more.

Pre-Nintendo, my list would be:

1. The Last of Us Part 2
2. Devil May Cry 5
3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
4. Nioh 2
5. Ghost of Tsushima
6. Cyberpunk 2077
7. Spider-Man
8. Resident Evil 2
9. Gears of Wars 5
10. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Plenty of hack n' slash games for you this year, Darth.

My rating goes like this so far:
1. Cyberpunk 2077
2. Resident Evil 2
3. The Last of Us Part II
4. Devil May Cry 5
5. Death Stranding

Also look promising or interesting, but I can't get hyped for them yet:
-Ghost of Tsushima
-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
-Control
-Nioh 2

Yep. And I have potentially Bayonetta 3 footage in like 5 hours. :hehe:

What I am very happy about is, 1-8, all have me really hyped. In most years, Resident Evil 2 would be top 3. So I am very happy with what I have seen this year so far.

I thought Sony was a bit smaller than expected honestly. They’ve got the money for big exclusive games I thought they would announce something new. Great to see Ellie smooching and dancing though.

I also liked that man eater game where you play as “maneater” and swim around swallowing seamen all day. I hope that’s not an exclusive. I can’t wait to play as a shark!

Sony was the worse E3 conference this year, at the beginning they showed 1 game, then they wasted 30 minutes by showing an random interview. In that time period, they could of announced an couple of new games, but they ruined the mood of the stream by saying it was an intermission.

In no particular order the games I am looking forward to so far pre-Nintendo

The Last of Us Part II
Spider-Man
Ghost of Tsushima
Shadow of The Tomb Raider
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Doom Eternal
Kingdom Hearts III
Resident Evil 2
Days Gone
Death Stranding (I still wanna see more actual gameplay and get some idea of what’s going on)

Sony was the worse E3 conference this year, at the beginning they showed 1 game, then they wasted 30 minutes by showing an random interview. In that time period, they could of announced an couple of new games, but they ruined the mood of the stream by saying it was an intermission.
Games are more important than organization of the presentation. Agree that it was poorly planned, but the line-up was great.

Games are more important than organization of the presentation. Agree that it was poorly planned, but the line-up was great.

I would disagree. I don't think anyone wants to go back to the old, ted talk style presentations...

But who is ready for some SMASH!!!!

I'm ready for Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4.

All those announcement they did the days prior to E3, could have been saved for the conference. I thought Sony's was the best in terms of content that spoke to me as once they showed Ghost, it was pretty solid till the end but the first half was just puzzling and brought it down. I'd say MS had the best one followed by Ubisoft, Sony, Bethesda, Square and EA. Its hard to rank Square in there as they didnt really have a conference but it beats EA based on content and being concise

The biggest problem for Microsoft is so many of their best games are also avaiable on PS4. DMC 5, Shadows and Cyberpunk.

That can't compare to what I saw with TLoU 2, Spider-Man, and Ghost. Exclusives.

The biggest problem for Microsoft is so many of their best games are also avaiable on PS4. DMC 5, Shadows and Cyberpunk.

That can't compare to what I saw with TLoU 2, Spider-Man, and Ghost. Exclusives.

Exactly, they’re really lacking with exclusives.

Nintendo time! Show me some Smash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"