The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) thread

Oh right, didn’t know that. A shame as the magic kind of disappeared after that. I’m always hoping they rediscover it one day and FF gets back to the very top.
Same here. That PS1 run was incredible. Heck, tactics was great too, even though it doesn’t get the love 7-9 do.

To be fair, the SNES FF run had some great games too. But nothing beats the PS1 era for me.

It’s a bummer to see how far Square has fallen from the quality they used to produce.

I also wasn’t a fan of nine’s look, but in retrospect it’s probably the most well rounded final fantasy title. Great graphics for the console it was on (it’s honestly staggering to see how much Square improved with 8 and 9 in such a short period of time. 7 looks like it belongs on another console) and probably the best story overall. Really good stuff.

I think I should take a look at it for sure, although I don't have my old PS1 anymore.

Ha, similar to me. I started with VII and went to VIII. Those were my absolute favourite FF years and they were both my favourite game of their time. That’s a big accolade as many of my favourite games came out during this era. Then as with you, IX I didn’t get into as much, not wanting to go back to cartoony graphics. Plus the main hero had a tail! But it is still a good game, and then X again was really good, getting close to VII and VIII but not quite to their level. Since then they’ve not been as important to me.

Yeah after X I sort of got into XII but never finished it. That was the last FF game I played.

I think I should take a look at it for sure, although I don't have my old PS1 anymore.

Yeah after X I sort of got into XII but never finished it. That was the last FF game I played.

Definitely check it out. The story deals with some really adult themes, and it’s got great character development. And it’s such a beautiful game for the PS1. It’s realky stunning how much they got out of it.

Do any of you the switch for mobile gaming often? Like on a bus, plane , train or just a road trip?

Honestly never but it’s a nice feature I might use one day.

I loved the banjo kazooie reveal. I wonder if there’s a way for Nintendo to buy BK back from rare?

Do any of you the switch for mobile gaming often? Like on a bus, plane , train or just a road trip?
I dont take mine anywhere because I dont travel much, but I play my switch in handheld mode at home 99% of the time.

Were there any announcements you were hoping for that we didn’t get? I was very happy with this year but I was kind of hoping for a timesplitters announcement haha

I dont take mine anywhere because I dont travel much, but I play my switch in handheld mode at home 99% of the time.
If you play in portable mode, I suggest this. I just got it a few days ago, and it's a night and days difference in comfort while playing. I totally recommend.

Pro Gaming Grip

Last edited:
So from all the games that presented, I'm only getting (as of now) are Watch Dogs Legion and Avengers. I only have Ps4 and I'm not into zombie/first person perspective games.

I wonder when games like Skull & Bones, Last of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima are going to be released, I wish those games were presented.

Yeah honestly I think it was a mistake for Sony not to come. It’s like thinking you’re “showing people” by not going to someone’s birthday party and instead they all have a great time and you’re the loser that sits at home alone trying to act like it’s not getting to him

Well, I think the cost of their last boondoggle and that they don't have much new to show due to the shift to next gen, it makes sense. Do you really want a show where most of what you show is mostly the same as last year?

Well s*it. The end of an era
well, it's canceled for this year due to the virus. Don't know if it's permanently canceled.

Though, this development doesn't bode well for future years, given the current trend of big names like Sony already skipping the event.

Let's say they do some kind of online event this year due to the virus. And.......it works. It's a success. Going forward, they may determine that an online format works just as well as the whole live shebang. So, in future years, E3 could turn into a weeklong event where the various companies hold their separate online events.

E3s been on its last legs for years now so this will be a major blow to it. A good number of the major companies have already pulled out and this cancellation will force the rest to come up with their own format, likely an online experience. I bet that they will not see this have a major impact on them and when it comes time for next year, may skip out on E3 bc it just isnt worth it.

Damn, this could spell the end of E3.

I don't think it's just because of the coronavirus. Geoff Keighley recently dropped out of hosting and producing E3 Colliseum aftrer 25 years as well as some developers and people set to be involved in big things.

There could be some issues with higher management or something

I don't think it's just because of the coronavirus. Geoff Keighley recently dropped out of hosting and producing E3 Colliseum aftrer 25 years as well as some developers and people set to be involved in big things.

There could be some issues with higher management or something
nah its bc of the coronavirus. The ESA already has put alot of money into the show and there is alot to lose by cancelling not to mention the longterm reprecussions by not having it. A few devs and GK arent enough to spur that. Sony was the biggest publisher to bow out of E3 and the organization survived it doing so last year.

The virus situation isnt something to underestimate. Countries are restricting travel globally and that will likely get worse in the coming weeks. Publishers that havent bowed out may be forced to bc of this. States and cities across the US are also ennacting bans on large congregations of people for safety reasons which has cancelled events. its pretty obvious to see where this is heading. Its in the best for the ESA to cancel now and recuperate some of their money rather than take a wait and see approach. Alot of important decisions need to be made now

Last edited:
Cancelled because of the virus eh? Are they sure that's the reason and not....all the other reasons?

Cancelled because of the virus eh? Are they sure that's the reason and not....all the other reasons?
Have you not been checking the news and seeing most of the other major international events being cancelled? Its kind of hard to host an event when people cant attend

Have you not been checking the news and seeing most of the other major international events being cancelled? Its kind of hard to host an event when people cant attend

I'm aware, but there are other things going on besides that. Corona is just final nail in the coffin.

Oh dear what a shame. They’re saying once people realise just having a digital version or just releasing trailers is cheaper there will be no going back and that’ll be it for e3.

what a shame, going to e3 was always on my bucket list

Oh dear what a shame. They’re saying once people realise just having a digital version or just releasing trailers is cheaper there will be no going back and that’ll be it for e3.

what a shame, going to e3 was always on my bucket list
I think many gamers wanted to go one day. It’s a shame but I think many will realise how low cost an online presentation is and may go that way in future. I would prefer that it was all at least coordinated at the same time of year like E3 is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"