The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by SuperJediHero, May 13, 2013.

1. Dark Sentinel

Dark Sentinel Well-Known Member

:applaud

I hereby rechristen you ElGoodDuderino. Now that is an ideal we can strive toward. :up:

2. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

Come on now guys, you can't think that since people aren't at Wal Mart at 8 o'clock in the morning, on a Saturday, that people aren't aware of the movie. Don't start thinking the worse. It's going to be OK. :yay:

3. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

I wonder if these tickets are on sale only today or until supplies are gone?

4. Dark Sentinel

The latter, I believe.

5. super-t

super-t Well-Known Member

Im from Dallas and I got to the store about 7:30...Shhh do not speak lol but I was the ONLY one till about 7:50 and another guy walked up and stood behind me. Then i happen to look at the tvs and they were showing the new promo and I was in awe, like my face was sliding off my skull. That might be why the cashier gave me a funny look. She was FINE too...fail.

6. Dark Sentinel

:whatever: women. :hehe:

7. SuperJediHero

SuperJediHero Well-Known Member

#28-300

8. Pickleweasel

Pickleweasel Well-Known Member

Walmart does not care about the ticket sales, they want merchandise to be sold

9. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

#34-150 here

10. ConnorKon-El

ConnorKon-El Amateur Film Nerd

I had a pretty cool experience. My WALMART had no signs, nothing. But i finally found where they were selling tickets and i saw 3 other people there. I started talking to this one guy in his 40's. He talked about how excited he was, how his mom took him to see the Michael Keaton Batman when he was in 8th grade. We also talked about Birthright, a possible JLA movie. And then the assistant manager gave us all free Superman capes. God, it was bad ass.

11. Pickleweasel

Pickleweasel Well-Known Member

They aren't going to sit on tickets, they will sell them until tey are gone

12. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

I'm assuming this is one per person.

13. ElDuderino

ElDuderino Well-Known Member

4 per person.

14. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

same here!!

That's pretty much the truth! I had some friends of mine that still work there from when I worked there ask me what I was all excited about and I told them that I was buying tickets for Man of Steel. They asked me where I was getting them from and I told them here at Wal-Mart and they were all like...REALLY??!?! They had no clue Only the ones involved with the sales of the tickets knew anything

nope...you would have thought the HUGE PDQ would have been a huge hint but alas it was not

yes, they can...

the numbers on the back of the ticket show what number your ticket is out of 150. Each store got 150 2D and 150 3D. I wanted ticket #1 of 150 since I was first in line but I didn't get it...slightly disappointed by that but oh well

I didn't have cake, cupcakes or nothing...my store STILL didn't have jack **** on the large PDQ. It's pitiful! And bravo for buying that guy some tickets... good show

bingo...

15. Antithesis_SD

Antithesis_SD Well-Known Member

Good on you, ElDuderino. :applaud

16. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

This is so tempting. But I doubt my father would go to a Thursday night showing so I'm gonna have to wait till Saturday. :(

17. ElDuderino

ElDuderino Well-Known Member

:) My heart totally sank when he turned and walked away realizing they were for sale and not free. I was just glad I had some cash on me because I typically don't carry much cash nowadays.

18. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

Once u bought, he would have no choice.

19. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

not true...he can always say no, take someone else

or as my dad would have said, I just wasted my money

20. SuperJediHero

SuperJediHero Well-Known Member

Is anyone really surprised by the lack of people ?

I mean it's Wal-Mart! The shoppers there are far from geek, nerds LOL

And, yesterday on Facebook comment someone even said "Who would want to see a movie with Wal-Mart shoppers"?

And, other comments are like "I HATE HATE HATE Wal-Mart!!!"

And, "NO IMAX, NO GO!"

So, maybe we should expect these tickets not sell out, and if geeks, nerds don't get it, most Wal-Mart shoppers wouldn't get it either...?

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  21. Tra-El

Tra-El Well-Known Member

Up bright and early, Super-fans. Arrived at my Wal-Mart around 7:30am and stood in line with other fans representing. My line was about 10 people long. The employee's didn't do the long cape-thing but they did represent the shirts. The guy that was ringing me up thinks Superman Returns is going to hurt this movie overall but I made it perfectly clear that if it does then those people are going to miss out since this movie is going to be WILD.

Nonetheless, I got 4 tickets for me, my fiance, my brother and his wife and also grabbed the abs t-shirt and a couple 87 cent cups. Got the first poster of choice with Superman on the front staring in the distance. They were sold out of the Movie Guide. You also get Superman tattoo's that you can wear proud premier night. The tickets themselves are great collector's piece. TEAM SUPERMAN!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  22. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

how much were the tickets?

23. zachary77

zachary77 Member

I swung by my location at 730 and was the first in line. Upon asking the two cashiers of the tix sale, I was met with clueless expressions. One would think the 20ish TV's pumping the trailer and promos, along with the memorabilia would have been a tip off. I had them contact the store manager and he got the ball rolling, though he weren't called to the register till 8:15. All four clerks had to rock an S cape, to their dismay:yay: There was only four of us in line, though one gent had an impressive collection of superhero tats (batman and supes symbols, joker, and watchmen were visible). I wish this had been handled/promoted better as I was looking forward to speaking with fellow fans. I'm sure premier night will be rocking, though. Respect to the guy who spotted the man money for tix. That ideal of helping your fellow man is what connects us all to the Clark Kent/ Kal-El character.

btw- the promo mentioned a free book though the clerks couldn't find any. Did anyone else get offered one?

24. zachary77

zachary77 Member

My 3D ones were 11 bucks each. Not sure if it's based on the local theater price or not....

25. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I couldn't get to a walmart this morning but after hearing that few people showed at alot you guy's stores, I decided to give it a shot. Just wanted to know how much I needed.