The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

My 2D tickets were $8, so I guess it's based on your local theater.

It's not even that. Our Walmart tickets were $7 for 2D and $11 for 3D but the theater charges around $7.50 for general admission and $12-15.25 for 3D depending on if it's RealD 3D or IMAX.

I tried calling my theater to find out if my 3D ticket is going to be for IMAX and the manager had no idea what was going on and didn't know about it until he saw the TV commercial last night for the Walmart thing....

It's not even that. Our Walmart tickets were $7 for 2D and $11 for 3D but the theater charges around $7.50 for general admission and $12-15.25 for 3D depending on if it's RealD 3D or IMAX.

I tried calling my theater to find out if my 3D ticket is going to be for IMAX and the manager had no idea what was going on and didn't know about it until he saw the TV commercial last night for the Walmart thing....
Um.. I think i should probably swing by or call my local theater and see how this is going to exactly work.

Um.. I think i should probably swing by or call my local theater and see how this is going to exactly work.

Yeah, the manager said it wasn't even showing up in their programming lists. He said they'd be having midnight showings obviously but had no idea about a 7pm premiere or that they were even listed.

I'd imagine it'll be cleared up within the week and if it isn't...well I got my ticket anyways so screw you Rave!:oldrazz:

It works by this. Call your local theatre up and find out if they are participating in the June 13th 7pm showing. If they are, then go to Wal-mart and pick them babies up. Wal-mart has already spoken with the theatres' they are participating with.

Is anyone really surprised by the lack of people ?

I mean it's Wal-Mart! The shoppers there are far from geek, nerds LOL

And, yesterday on Facebook comment someone even said "Who would want to see a movie with Wal-Mart shoppers"?

And, other comments are like "I HATE HATE HATE Wal-Mart!!!"

And, "NO IMAX, NO GO!"

So, maybe we should expect these tickets not sell out, and if geeks, nerds don't get it, most Wal-Mart shoppers wouldn't get it either...?
Well they can turn their noses up at wal mart if they want, but just about everyone shops there at one point or another.
I look at it like this, only the die hard superman fans will be there on the 13th ( by that I mean the ones who were lucky enough to buy these tickets ) There wont by the ''regular'' people of walmart shoppers there at our viewing.
I know I wouldnt have gotten up so early on a saturday just to go to wal-mart if not for these tickets. All the people in line with me were just as big of superman fans as I. we talked about hoping MoS does well at the B.O. so more films will be made, WF, and J.L. We had some pretty kool conversations.

As for the screening on the 13th, It should be like how the midnite showing of TDK was, loads of fun with fellow fans with no worries of being looked at funny when you shout or clap at scenes on the screen.

He11, I hate K-mart and target, but i'd been first in line if the tickets had been sold there instead.

Last edited:
Each wal-mart location is selling tickets to a specific theatre, this way 1000 people arent showing up to a first come first serve basis

It works by this. Call your local theatre up and find out if they are participating in the June 13th 7pm showing. If they are, then go to Wal-mart and pick them babies up. Wal-mart has already spoken with the theatres' they are participating with.

Except obviously they haven't which is why the Rave theatre here in my neck of woods in Michigan had no idea about the screening but are listed including their IMAX screen. Seems to be a lack of communication between the theaters, WB and/or Walmart but my cinema might just be an isolated case. I'm curious to hear other folks reports

That did nothing for me.

I went to see Star Trek Into Darkness Wednesday night in IMAX (which was great by the way), and when I asked the general manager if the tickets would be good for IMAX he had not idea how it would work. He told me the week of the showing they would get information of the screening, otherwise he had no idea how it would work out, how much they would be, if it would be in IMAX, etc and suggested I call Walmart.

I called Walmart several times (and each time I was on hold indefinitely, hung up and called back) and I was transferred around several departments before they told me at Electronics that the tickets would include IMAX. I called again this morning and was told they would NOT include IMAX but they were not sold out.

At this point I think I'm just going to wait till the midnight tickets go on sale instead of dealing with all this Walmart bull****. The theater/Walmart is an hour away and with no official confirmation if it would be IMAX or not I don't think the drive would be worth it if it were not. Just going to wait till they go on sale for midnight that night in IMAX.

Except obviously they haven't which is why the Rave theatre here in my neck of woods in Michigan had no idea about the screening but are listed including their IMAX screen. Seems to be a lack of communication between the theaters, WB and/or Walmart but my cinema might just be an isolated case. I'm curious to hear other folks reports
When I called the IMAX around me, they said they received an E-mail from the maketing dept. and it stated they were not participating with walmart, then I called walmart and said they were only selling a certain amount to another local theatre. regardless, i hope i get a whole row to myself at 7pm, too bad its not IMAX 3D

Well they can turn their noses up at wal mart if they want, but just about everyone shops there at one point or another.
I look at it like this, only the die hard superman fans will be there on the 13th ( by that I mean the ones who were lucky enough to buy these tickets ) There wont by the ''regular'' people of walmart shoppers there at our viewing.
I know I wouldnt have gotten up so early on a saturday just to go to wal-mart if not for these tickets. All the people in line with me were just as big of superman fans as I. we talked about hoping MoS does well at the B.O. so more films will be made.

As for the screening on the 13th, It should be like how the midnite showing of TDK was, loads of fun with fellow fans with no worries of being looked at funny when you shout or clap at scenes on the screen.
I cannot wait. I CANNOT WAIT.
tumblr_ltjc7wnnqx1qmkrok.gif

I purchased 2D tickets. If its as good as I hope it is, then i'll go back and see it in 3D and IMAX. I dont really care the first time how I see it.

Don't he tickets show what theater(s) are particpating for it and/or what one your ticket corresponds to?

Don't he tickets show what theater(s) are particpating for it and/or what one your ticket corresponds to?

Yeah. I'm guessing it is regular because the 3D tickets are 11 dollars and tickets to IMAX are 16 dollars. So unless Walmart is giving all of us an extra five dollars for free to see it in IMAX - I don't see how it could be IMAX. They'd be or the theater would be losing money instead of doing some sort of transaction. 3D tickets are about the same price as 3D regular.

We've had somewhere around 7 or 8 people come in this morning so far. I'm not sure on how many tickets were sold to each person.

Again, only 300 total tickets in the store, so they'll eventually sell, but there isn't going to be a rush for them.

From what I've noticed at the store, unless it's a big video game or a teen girls film release, the lines never really form. When something like even Avengers came out at midnight last fall, we only sold like 2 dozen copies by 7 AM.

That video they're playing is awesome, but I haven't had time to really watch it up close yet.

I didn't go, because chances are I'll be doing a midnight screening or a Friday night. But, is there a way to know, from you guys or such, if the tickets are sold out or not?

No idea, my fiance picked em up for me, I'm working. I just called the Imax to see they were participating, they said there we're not. And my fiance told me that the tickets were only good for a specific theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"