The Winter Soldier The Easter Egg Thread (Winter Soldier edition)

I wish there were separate theaters for people who like to give their own little one liners, quotes, "jokes", etc during movies, so they could all just bother each other instead of annoying people who paid to watch/hear the actors onscreen.

Same here, I'd gladly pay twice the price for a special 'people who want to sit down, shut up and watch the movie' screening.

Not an easter egg, but just great attention to detail: in the highway scene when Cap is inside the overturned bus, pay attention to his stance as he's running to dive out the window - even though he doesn't have the shield, he runs with his left arm upturned in front of him. I thought that was just the coolest thing, the idea that the shield is an extension of him and just any time Cap is running through a hail of bullets he's got that thing up and the muscle memory is so great that he instinctively takes that position.

I suppose those spiderwebs in the jersey camp is the closest thing to a sony easter eggs

Where was the Dr. Strange Reference I think I might have missed it.

I REALLY liked
the nice visual callback to how Cap and Bucky "died" in the comics (WW2). The scene at the end when the last hellicarrier was going down, and Steve plumeted as Winter Soldier watched..."Stuck" behind, Steve hitting and sinking in the waters.... It was VERY nice to finally see that, live action, on film.
I thought this was great, too. Glad to see someone else noticed it.

I was about to call you out on obvious trolling, but you legitimately thought it was the Baxter Building. >_> <_<

Does anyone think that Fury recovering so quickly from his injuries is a reference to GH-325 (the drug used to save Coulson and Skye) from AoS, which I'm guessing might be the Infinity Formula.

I thought this was great, too. Glad to see someone else noticed it.
As I was watching that, I saw the similarities almost immediately. I think it was the final push that Bucky needed to actually do some good as the Winter Soldier.

He was just rambling on about HYDRA's plan and mentioned Bruce Banner and Stephen Strange by name.

this is baffling me, if some idiot started talking loudly during the film in a cinema here it would not end well. People get kicked out for even looking at their phones.

I would throw my drink at the ******** that started blurting out jokes

Banner's name was also mentioned when
they found out Fury has faked his own death. Fury mentioned something about a stress pill Banner developed that slows heart rate.

No he was talking about tetrodotoxin, not a "stress pill" lol

It's been used for this purpose in Hollywood films before (eg. A-Team), and always a massive facepalm

Last edited:
One Easter egg that I'm not sure has been brought up is when CA is shot by Bucky aboard the helicarrier, the location on the abdomen and his blood staining the stripes there is very reminiscent of the famous Death of Captain America scene from Brubaker's run.

One Easter egg that I'm not sure has been brought up is when CA is shot by Bucky aboard the helicarrier, the location on the abdomen and his blood staining the stripes there is very reminiscent of the famous Death of Captain America scene from Brubaker's run.

I noticed that too and loved the reference

I thought Falcon jumping out of the building at the end was a bit like Black Widow in Ultimates issue 8

Captain America escaping the Shield building was definitely a call back to Civil War #1 - replace riding a Jet Plane (kinda stupid) to taking down a plane (awesome)

Captain America leaping out of a plane without a parachute is from Ultimates #1 and Ultimates 2 #1

Captain America rescuing hostages is also from Ultimates 2 #1

Obviously a few nods to Brubaker's run, though less than I thought there would be. "Who's Bucky" was definitely pulled from that run. Maybe because the Bucky reveal in the film is done rather late, so we don't get that much of Steve's reaction to it, which made up a great deal of Bru's storyline. But Captain America just giving up to the Winter Soldier and trusting him to do the right thing is from issue #11 of that run).

Not my own thought but someone somewhere pointed out that Batroc (along with Mr Hyde) hijacked a big boat during the Stern/Byrne run).

The whole idea of Hydra infiltrating Shield is pulled from Secret Warriors but I shamefully haven't read that series so I don't know if there was a direct echoing.

One I noted that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet on the web, is that the shield bunker that Cap and Widow go to is in WHEATON, NJ as in joss WHEADON
I thought of Wil Wheaton when I say that...

Yeah, that Wheaton thing is not an Easter Egg guys. Come on...

That's like if I was to say...Sebastian Pierce...Pierce...Wolverine's claws pierce things....CROSSOVER!

Yeah, that Wheaton thing is not an Easter Egg guys. Come on...

That's like if I was to say...Sebastian Pierce...Pierce...Wolverine's claws pierce things....CROSSOVER!

Alexander pierce.

I see nobody saw the jar of Newman's Own in Alexander Pierce's fridge?

Redford being so close with Paul Newman, it seemed like a gag right out of Arrested Development/Community.

The Lemurian Star is a nod to Lemuria, an ancient underwater city that rivals Atlantis, introduced in Namor's comic.

The announcer/narrator of the Cap & Howling Commandoes Smithsonian exhibit was Gary Sinise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"