The Winter Soldier The Easter Egg Thread (Winter Soldier edition)

Doesn't look like it was posted, but after watching the Marvel One-Shots again, it seems like the weapons used to target the potential threats was revealed in 'Item 47', which means the Hellicarriers for Project Insight were equipped with Chitari technology. During the credits it is shown that different blueprints/constructions of weapons based off the working Item 47 were developed. One blueprint looks strikingly similar to the ones used in the film.

Sorry if I don't provide pictures. I don't have anything to take a screen shot.

this is baffling me, if some idiot started talking loudly during the film in a cinema here it would not end well. People get kicked out for even looking at their phones.

I would throw my drink at the ******** that started blurting out jokes

Calm down tough guy, he was talking about a character in the movie, not a person in the theater.

The ships are now made from arc reactor propulsion since Tony got up close and personal with their old tech in TA when he had to fix the rotor.

*blink* What evidence is there for the Insight helicarrier's having Chitauri tech guns?

I wondered if that would show up in TWS.

h2AOtxfl.jpg

qAPogNSl.jpg

Don't know if it's exactly the same though.
Hmm...seems like you're right, but maybe it's in the realm of possibility?

*blink* What evidence is there for the Insight helicarrier's having Chitauri tech guns?
Well, PunyGod posted the evidence above yours.

It's more than likely I'm reaching and making connections that don't exist. I need to watch CA:TWS again, but it still seems like the Hellicarriers were equipped with them. The short wouldn't show those blueprints for no good reason unless we were going to see them show up in a film or the show.

The Insight Helicarriers were packing some impressive firepower, but I feel like we have that kind of artillery in real life. Of course, I'm no military buff, but what was shown seems feasible and earth based. It's just that these were jammed packed onto flying fortresses. But SHIELD was apparently able to get aircraft carriers into the sky long before an alien invasion. However a certain episode of Agents raises some questions as to whether or not the NYC incident was truly a first contact situation for SHIELD.

Chitauri weapons seem to be plasma based, and I'm thinking that if anything, the Agents of SHIELD icers are a more logical spin off of that tech. I forgot the FitzSimmons technobabble around them, but visually they seem to administer a tranquilizer in a bullet like round, except the round doesn't seem to actually harm those who are shot. Plus it works through clothes. I'm thinking it's a light plasma charge that carries sleepy chemicals. *shrugs*

Anyone mention Crossbones yet? Rumlow was specifically shown to have lived at the end there...

he prefers to be called 'The Artist formerly known as Rumlow.'

I just posted the evidence...

I'm looking at those pictures, and I see nothing to even suggest Chitauri-tech. They look like fairly conventional cannon, with SHIELD emblems on the side.

Yea I saw the movie a second time last weekend and saw that Avengers tower was one of the targets of project insight. Also, there is a rumor that Professor X School for the Gifted was targeted as well, and there was a document in the end credits scene referring these.

These could just be wild fan theories/ wishful thinking but I certainly didn't catch it if true. Marvel doesn't have the rights to use mutants in their movies, but maybe Fox made a deal of some kind?? Since we know that quicksilver and scarlett witch are the first " mutants" of the marvel cinematic universe maybe there is a work around?

Last edited:
The Insight Helicarriers were packing some impressive firepower, but I feel like we have that kind of artillery in real life. Of course, I'm no military buff, but what was shown seems feasible and earth based. It's just that these were jammed packed onto flying fortresses.
Very true. Like I stated before, I recently watched the One-Shots a few days after CA:TWS (still need to see it again), so it made me think of the possibility.

Chitauri weapons seem to be plasma based, and I'm thinking that if anything, the Agents of SHIELD icers are a more logical spin off of that tech. I forgot the FitzSimmons technobabble around them, but visually they seem to administer a tranquilizer in a bullet like round, except the round doesn't seem to actually harm those who are shot. Plus it works through clothes. I'm thinking it's a light plasma charge that carries sleepy chemicals. *shrugs*
I think the ICERs are based off of dendrotoxin.

I have indeed watched Item 47. The Chitauri gun in it looks nothing at all like those schematics.
Did you watch it through the credits?

The blueprints show a handful of different models based off of the original weapon.

So, Sitwell said
"Wolverine" or not? And what is the Moon Knight reference/stuff? :)

I wish Fanboys would STOP insisting that there's nods/clues/easter eggs to properties that are NOT owned by Marvel. It would open them up to all kinds of lawsuits, it will never happen unless the studios cooperate with each. Like when Sony and Marvel were trying to put the Oscorp building in the NYC skyline in the Avengers

I'm just read in this forum :) I hope no problem.

Easy as pie

1. Iron Man/Tony Stark was caught in the turbine as seen The Avengers.
2. President Elis "Welcome Back Cap" (Smithsonian institution Captain America exhibit)
3.Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (the films Writers)
4. Tony Stark's Parents (Howard & Maria Stark)
5. Stephen Strange.
6. one of the Directors (Joe Russo)
7. Ed Brubaker (creator of The Winter Soldier Comic)
8. Stan Lee
9. Avengers Tower
10. Crossbones

Easy as pie

1. Iron Man/Tony Stark was caught in the turbine as seen The Avengers.
2. President Elis "Welcome Back Cap" (Smithsonian institution Captain America exhibit)
3.Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (the films Writers)
4. Tony Stark's Parents (Howard & Maria Stark)
5. Stephen Strange.
6. one of the Directors (Joe Russo)
7. Ed Brubaker (creator of The Winter Soldier Comic)
8. Stan Lee
9. Avengers Tower
10. Crossbones

Can always count on people like u, good job. Im not embarrassed to admit I only knew 4,5,8,9, and 10- although I'm sure if I thumbed through all the post in this thread I'd probably have most, if not, all the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"