The Winter Soldier The Easter Egg Thread (Winter Soldier edition)

It's funny they keep mentioning president Ellis. I wonder if he'll play a major part in age of Ultron? Could be a really cool way of thing it all together

Yea I saw the movie a second time last weekend and saw that Avengers tower was one of the targets of project insight. Also, there is a rumor that Professor X School for the Gifted was targeted as well, and there was a document in the end credits scene referring these.

These could just be wild fan theories/ wishful thinking but I certainly didn't catch it if true. Marvel doesn't have the rights to use mutants in their movies, but maybe Fox made a deal of some kind?? Since we know that quicksilver and scarlett witch are the first " mutants" of the marvel cinematic universe maybe there is a work around?

Maybe it is targeting the X-men Universe and not just Xavier's School ;)

It's funny they keep mentioning president Ellis. I wonder if he'll play a major part in age of Ultron? Could be a really cool way of thing it all together

I doubt it. They just are keeping good continuity, and having the president be the same guy in multiple movies set relatively close together.

Yea I saw the movie a second time last weekend and saw that Avengers tower was one of the targets of project insight. Also, there is a rumor that Professor X School for the Gifted was targeted as well, and there was a document in the end credits scene referring these.

These could just be wild fan theories/ wishful thinking but I certainly didn't catch it if true. Marvel doesn't have the rights to use mutants in their movies, but maybe Fox made a deal of some kind?? Since we know that quicksilver and scarlett witch are the first " mutants" of the marvel cinematic universe maybe there is a work around?

it's fan wishing. I just watched it again last night

I doubt it. They just are keeping good continuity, and having the president be the same guy in multiple movies set relatively close together.

I kinda hope he shows up in Cap 3 so that we can get a bit with Cap saving him from the bad guys.

The Lemurian Star is a nod to Lemuria, an ancient underwater city that rivals Atlantis, introduced in Namor's comic.

Thank you. I think you and I are the only ones who caught the reference.

Expanding on that: Lemuria is significant to Captain America mythos for being the civilization that created the ancient and magical artifact called The Serpent Crown. Back in the 70s, that became a major story arc in Cap comics when the Crown was discovered by perennial Cap villains The Serpent Society, who used it to enslave the President of Roxxon Oil. Since then, the Serpent Crown has popped up several times in the history of Cap and the Avengers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Crown

So the Lemurian Star gets easter egg points on several levels: allusion to Namor and Atlantis; reference to Roxxon Oil (the company the tanker belongs to, iirc); reference to the Serpent Society.

Yeah, he's the President, so he better be mentioned whenever there's anything related to national politics or security. Heck, I'm surprised that he wasn't mentioned more than twice (once in museum, once on target list) considering he was right there in DC (and also considering the fact that he should have at least been aware of INSIGHT's launch date, if not part of the decision making).

Question that may have been answered already, but what was with that comment about Afghanistan by one of the SHIELD techs right before Steve and friends break in? Is that a reference to something or someone like Hawkeye? Does anyone remember the exact quote?

I just saw it for a second time and I noticed that the numbers on the Helicarriers had been changed. In the trailers they were numbered 42 and 65 while in the movie they are IN01, IN02, and IN03. 1942 was the last year Kirby did Cap during his original run and 1965 was the year SHIELD was introduced in STRANGE TALES so I thought those were nice easter eggs, but someone decided to drop them. Curious...

Thank you. I think you and I are the only ones who caught the reference.
:awesome: I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Expanding on that: Lemuria is significant to Captain America mythos for being the civilization that created the ancient and magical artifact called The Serpent Crown. Back in the 70s, that became a major story arc in Cap comics when the Crown was discovered by perennial Cap villains The Serpent Society, who used it to enslave the President of Roxxon Oil. Since then, the Serpent Crown has popped up several times in the history of Cap and the Avengers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Crown

So the Lemurian Star gets easter egg points on several levels: allusion to Namor and Atlantis; reference to Roxxon Oil (the company the tanker belongs to, iirc); reference to the Serpent Society.
Pretty awesome. I was going to mention the Serpent Crown, but since there was no actual reference to it, I left it out.

Yeah, he's the President, so he better be mentioned whenever there's anything related to national politics or security. Heck, I'm surprised that he wasn't mentioned more than twice (once in museum, once on target list) considering he was right there in DC (and also considering the fact that he should have at least been aware of INSIGHT's launch date, if not part of the decision making).

Question that may have been answered already, but what was with that comment about Afghanistan by one of the SHIELD techs right before Steve and friends break in? Is that a reference to something or someone like Hawkeye? Does anyone remember the exact quote?

I wonder how Mr. President's approval ratings are being affected by all these alien attacks, terror attacks, and moles within the US's homeland security directive threatening to tear his country apart.

and theres a SWORD easter egg i just found
TvtdmIc.jpg

zoom in
lJAbBlp.png

hope im right

and theres a SWORD easter egg i just found

zoom in
lJAbBlp.png

hope im right

:shr: Cleaned up the image a bit:

images

JUST KIDDING :cwink:

We know from an AGENTS OF SHIELD episode Easter Egg, that SWORD exists in some form within or parallel to SHIELD. In all seriousness, HYDRA corrupting parts or all of SWORD is not that far more of a stretch than the taking down of SHIELD in CAWTS and AOS season 1.

EDIT:
Just realized that this was your first post. WELCOME to The HYPE!

----

Last edited:
This is probably a reach, but what the heck. When the HYDRA SWAT officers are trying to break into Fury's driver side window the window's integrity is reduced to 31%, then 19% and finally 1%. 31191 is a zip code for Atlanta, where production on Cap 3 is scheduled to begin next April.

Told ya it was a reach lol.

" If I run with these shoes, they are gonna fall off"

Shoes are blue and black

Now I could be way off, but I think the running+colors = nod to QS
(omg Stark is gonna make special shoes for Pietro)

Plus Natasha has red hair and her shoes seem to have some red (or pink?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"