The Elder Scrolls VI

Abudefduf

Superhero
Reaction score
[YT]OkFdqqyI8y4[/YT]

E3 2018: THE ELDER SCROLLS VI ANNOUNCED, LIKELY WILL BE "NEXT-GEN" GAME
Howard described The Elder Scrolls 6 as "the game after" their upcoming next-gen game, Starfield, which suggests it won't come out until at least 2020 (assuming Starfield arrives in 2019).

Well ****, I still haven't even finished Oblivion. What am I doing with my life. Hopefully this next chapter takes place in Black Marsh... I've always wanted to visit that place.

Yaaaaas! It looks so beautiful. I kept saying we’re overdue for a new elder scrolls but people just said they will be focusing on fallout.

What do you want to see in this one? I hope we see more dragon shouting

So glad we got this announcement. It sounds like ES6 might release on next gen consoles. Can't imagine how good it might look after a gap of at least 9 years and 2 console cycles!

So glad we got this announcement. It sounds like ES6 might release on next gen consoles. Can't imagine how good it might look after a gap of at least 9 years and 2 console cycles!

Considering they were content with pushing Skyrim on almost anything with a screen, it'll likely be on current gen and next

Considering they were content with pushing Skyrim on almost anything with a screen, it'll likely be on current gen and next

Yes true. Plus it will be right at the start of a new gen with a low userbase. Releasing everywhere makes sense. Did the PS issues with Skyrim eventually get fixed?

This "teaser" is about as exciting as white bread. We already knew this game was inevitable. The teaser shows nothing and is prerendered. We didnt get a title. And we still have to wait until next gen which is 2 - 4 years away and this might not even be a launch title. I suspect this lazy teaser was only released because they are sick of people asking them whether they are working on ES6.

x44efmyfqb311.jpg

Ha! Definitely the thirty six second boi.

It’s going to be so much fun to return to cyrodil. I had forgotten there’s been two console cycles since the last one! Gosh what a time to be alive

Better combat, more of a weight to it. Otherwise unlike many I don’t want a bigger map than skyrim, as it’s already huge. I would rather all resources went into making that map size look and feel as amazing as possible. With all these years and a 2 generation move, it really could be one of the most stunning things we’ve seen in gaming.

I actually agree with that. A huge map means nothing if most of it is just empty space. Another thing that I wish they'd improve is the food and sleep mechanics... in Skyrim they were completely pointless.

Better male romance options. The men in Skyrim were all un****able... my female Dovahkiin was not pleased. :o

As a gay guy, same. I would love someone a bit more you know, fitting a fantasy world

I actually agree with that. A huge map means nothing if most of it is just empty space. Another thing that I wish they'd improve is the food and sleep mechanics... in Skyrim they were completely pointless.

Yep. What do you think they should do with food and sleep?

If it were up to me, I would make sleeping and eating a necessity, but I know that very, very few people would like that. :hehe:
I get that Bethesda want the game to feel as immersive as possible, but if you're not going to make the food useful for something, at least get rid of the cooking mechanic.

If it were up to me, I would make sleeping and eating a necessity, but I know that very, very few people would like that. :hehe:
I get that Bethesda want the game to feel as immersive as possible, but if you're not going to make the food useful for something, at least get rid of the cooking mechanic.

They could have needing to eat/sleep be an optional setting, they don't give us one difficulty setting for the combat, I don't see why the survival difficulty shouldn't be customizable. There are numerous Skyrim mods that completely overhaul the survival mechanics by making eating and sleeping important, making the weather in certain regions just as deadly if not moreso than the monsters you fight, allowing you to setup camps/fires to keep yourself warm and give you a place to sleep and cook, etc. If modders can create these mechanics I don't see why Bethesda themselves can't.

I also would like to see them add something similar to the skyshards in ESO, that you collect a few of them and you gain a skill point, hiding those across the map would give people actual incentive to explore the map thoroughly. I downloaded a Skyrim mod that added them to the games map and the result had a pretty significant impact on how engaging just exploring the map was, it gave me a reason to actually travel to locations on foot and explore along the way instead of just using fast travel. Fast travel is also something I'd like to see them overhaul, I feel like it's far to convenient to the point of discouraging you from actually exploring the map or going to places on foot, I get that there does need to be some form of it in a massive open world game like Elder Scrolls, but I'd like to see them try to do something to mix it up a bit. Perhaps something like expanding on the carriages and boats that were in Skyrim, allowing you to travel to towns and cities on the main roads, but making going off the beaten path more of an adventure, rather than just clicking on an icon on your map.

Last edited:
Yep. What do you think they should do with food and sleep?

Yeah interesting point. I suppose mine craft did it well by making camping mechanics and putting them in the game. I mean, people love camping.

It might be fun to have to put up a tent or roll, set a fire with your magic, sleep under the stars etc.

Yeah interesting point. I suppose mine craft did it well by making camping mechanics and putting them in the game. I mean, people love camping.

It might be fun to have to put up a tent or roll, set a fire with your magic, sleep under the stars etc.

Ha, that could be cool. I would also like to slowly feast at huge banquets.

with this being next gen, I'm hoping that means it will also be on a brand new engine that will allow for some improvements over Skyrim.

1. Better, more fluid animation and combat. This has been one of my biggest issues with Skyrim and the Fallout games. There's a certain "rigidity" to the movement, animation, and combat. I don't expect it to be all DMC or Platinum style, but the combat and movement animations need to be more fluid with a bit more flare and style.

2. Another improvement I want over Skyrim is a smarter, more reactive world and NPC system. The NPCs should "remember" you and your actions, and their relations and dialogue options should grow and change and adapt to the story of your game.

One thing that really broke immersion and took me out of Skyrim was the fact that NPCs would often give you a major quest or be involved in a major plot/story mission. But once that quest is complete, the dialogue they have with you goes back to generic "hello, stranger" stuff. Like, they don't acknowledge you as if they know you or that you just did some quest for them.

For example, right at the beginning of Skyrim, you get to choose to leave the first area with the Imperial or Rebel guy. and then you go meet their respective families in the first town, where they give you your first quest ( warn the Jarl ). But once that quest dialogue is over, whenever you enter their house or meet them on the street, they just revert to generic dialogue. it's as if they've never met you before.

stuff like that felt immersion breaking to me. and I hope that gets improved in the new ES game.

It’s double next gen, skipping this gen entirely so there is huge scope for improvement.

I totally agree with those 2 points above. I hope they extensively work on the combat and movement (needs more weight to it), and NPCs need to adapt or it feels worthless helping them with quests and transforming their cities. Any more Hello Strangers and I’ll go and undo whatever quests I did for them.

^ yeah, I don't need that woman to keep reminding me that I'm pretty but need to stay away from her blacksmith husband. Her husband is too old and wrinkly and besides, I've got my eye on her nephew (Hadvar?). But out of all the men in Skyrim, he's not romanceable. like, wtf??!!

which was another immersion breaking thing I had. Don't give me the illusion of freedom in the open world, but then place some kind of restriction on what I can or can't do.

especially when said restriction doesn't really make sense. I'm not asking to be able to fly around like Superman. but why can't I romance Hadvar or Ralof. Storywise, such a romance would be more meaningful since they are among the 1st characters you meet and then you escape from the first area with one of them. I'd think that would forge some kind of bond, no?

That's one thing I prefer Bioware over Bethesda games. Bioware has more emphasis on story and character interaction. whereas Bethesda games place you in an open world with relatively more freedom. but said open world can often feel shallow.

^ yeah, I don't need that woman to keep reminding me that I'm pretty but need to stay away from her blacksmith husband. Her husband is too old and wrinkly and besides, I've got my eye on her nephew (Hadvar?). But out of all the men in Skyrim, he's not romanceable. like, wtf??!!

which was another immersion breaking thing I had. Don't give me the illusion of freedom in the open world, but then place some kind of restriction on what I can or can't do.

especially when said restriction doesn't really make sense. I'm not asking to be able to fly around like Superman. but why can't I romance Hadvar or Ralof. Storywise, such a romance would be more meaningful since they are among the 1st characters you meet and then you escape from the first area with one of them. I'd think that would forge some kind of bond, no?

That's one thing I prefer Bioware over Bethesda games. Bioware has more emphasis on story and character interaction. whereas Bethesda games place you in an open world with relatively more freedom. but said open world can often feel shallow.

Would be great if you could get the best of both. I really want to get the ultimate fantasy RPG and ultimate sci-fi RPG. I want to take a great character through an amazing story with amazing supporting characters and villain, and then also be able to fully explore a huge, well realised, stunning looking universe stocked with NPCs who adjust to you and your history with them. All with the action you expect from a top action game. Not asking for much lol.

Would be great if you could get the best of both. I really want to get the ultimate fantasy RPG and ultimate sci-fi RPG. I want to take a great character through an amazing story with amazing supporting characters and villain, and then also be able to fully explore a huge, well realised, stunning looking universe stocked with NPCs who adjust to you and your history with them. All with the action you expect from a top action game. Not asking for much lol.

nope. not too much to ask for at all. :o

One thing that really broke immersion and took me out of Skyrim was the fact that NPCs would often give you a major quest or be involved in a major plot/story mission. But once that quest is complete, the dialogue they have with you goes back to generic "hello, stranger" stuff. Like, they don't acknowledge you as if they know you or that you just did some quest for them.
Yeah, it's really jarring when guards still keep treating you like crap or making fun of the fur in your ears even after you've helped out half the population of a city (including the Jarl) and become the freaking thane. I'm a hero, goddammit, I deserve to be treated with respect.

They could have needing to eat/sleep be an optional setting, they don't give us one difficulty setting for the combat, I don't see why the survival difficulty shouldn't be customizable.
It would be great if they could do this.

also, I hope they have a much improved Character Creator in VI.

the CC in ESO looked to offer better looking character models, so I'd rather they take a page from ESO in VI.

Ha, that could be cool. I would also like to slowly feast at huge banquets.

Haha that would be cool. And the ability to join in on banquet songs would be so much fun

with this being next gen, I'm hoping that means it will also be on a brand new engine that will allow for some improvements over Skyrim.

1. Better, more fluid animation and combat. This has been one of my biggest issues with Skyrim and the Fallout games. There's a certain "rigidity" to the movement, animation, and combat. I don't expect it to be all DMC or Platinum style, but the combat and movement animations need to be more fluid with a bit more flare and style.

2. Another improvement I want over Skyrim is a smarter, more reactive world and NPC system. The NPCs should "remember" you and your actions, and their relations and dialogue options should grow and change and adapt to the story of your game.

For example, right at the beginning of Skyrim, you get to choose to leave the first area with the Imperial or Rebel guy. and then you go meet their respective families in the first town, where they give you your first quest ( warn the Jarl ). But once that quest dialogue is over, whenever you enter their house or meet them on the street, they just revert to generic dialogue. it's as if they've never met you before.

stuff like that felt immersion breaking to me. and I hope that gets improved in the new ES game.

Yeah improving the combat is a definite must. Just having a sword go from right to left on the screen worked in the 90s but there’s probably a better way to do that now.

The bow and arrow stuff though is ace, more of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"