Arrow The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Dark Raven, May 8, 2013.

1. herolee10 No More Miracles

2. Nathan Registered

"I kept that. I liked watching you do that." Oh, Felicity. :funny:

3. herolee10 No More Miracles

Is it safe to say that felicity and Oliver will get intimate by the end of this season, if not sooner?

4. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

It's obvious that something will happen....

I was a bit concerned they were going to drastically change Felicity after the end of last season, losing the comicalness that makes her likeable, but I like the growth we saw in the episode.

5. Nathan Registered

It'd be hilarious if they pull a Smallville and once again he ends up with the nerdy tech girl. And Laurel is so unlikable, that I wouldn't take an issue with it. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if he ends up with Laurel's sister instead. Or even his own sister. :barf:

But yes, I dislike Laurel that much.

6. Loki882 Registered

Well, Oliver seems to be on a mission to sleep with every women on this show that isn't a family member, underage, or geriatric, so I'd say that Felicity is a definite possibility. In season 1, it was Sarah, Laurel, McKenna, Huntress, and who knows how many others. I also expect him to sleep with Summer Glau, Shado, and maybe Black Canary before this season ends.

7. regnak Registered

No it isn't a few weeks ago they revealed Felicity's love interest will be

Barry Allen

8. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

That's gonna piss off a fair portion of the fans then

9. regnak Registered

The whole elevator scene homage to SW ANH Luke/Leia should have clued people into their relationship.

#84 regnak, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  10. Hunter Rider Ronin

Then they better get Ollie a new love interest from somewhere then.

11. herolee10 No More Miracles

If the goal was to make their relationship come off as a brother-sister one, then the creators are doing a bad job at that since it's pretty obvious that Felicity is seriously attracted to Oliver based on everything that she's said so far on the show.

12. herolee10 No More Miracles

Also, that said character isn't going to be around forever on the show, let alone for the remainder of the season, so it could just be a temporary thing.

13. regnak Registered

Unless they send Felicity to the flash spin off and see just how many fans she brings along.

14. regnak Registered

And Leia was attracted to Luke as well. Oliver to Felicity not so much.

15. Loki882 Registered

Well, Leia did nearly suck Luke's face off in ESB. :cwink:

16. regnak Registered

Yes somebody besides me remember Luke and Leia were much closer than Oliver has ever been to Felicity. Like I have said before the CW loves angst if the Olicity shippers ever get their way many of them will end up regretting it. Instead of being funny Felicity will be angst ridden.

17. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well it just goes to show you that Lucas did not have the power of seeing into the future like most of his force users could.lol Since if he had known that he was going to make Luke and Leia into siblings from the very first Star Wars film that he did, then he wouldn't have placed so many signs of attraction that Luke and Leia had in "A New Hope".

And given that Barry Allen has his own primary love interest in the form of "Iris Allen", I doubt that they'll be so quick to move Felicity over to the other show, especially when she's slowly but surely becoming the most popular female character on the show.

She's gotten a lot more attention and promotion than Laurel's character.

18. regnak Registered

Iris was kicked to the curb in the 1990's Flash series so why not now? it is much easier when she hasn't even been cast. And Laurel is Oliver's primary love interest and you have no problem trying to get rid of her. And that attention and promotion didn't help the ratings for 2x01.

19. Boy Scout Registered

Yep. For that reason, I want Felicity to remain single for as long as possible.

To be fair, they did a good job with Diggle and his brother's ex-wife, so I suppose Felicity could receive a similar treatment if her romantic life is given the same attention (that is to say, barely any at all).

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

Because unlike Iris, who hasn't been translated yet into the Flash series that they're trying to create with the introduction of Barry Allen, Laurel really comes off as unlikable in the show. She's nothing but angst filled and there's really nothing fun about her character...like at all.

She may have started out as Oliver's primary love interest, but things could change if Felicity keeps growing in popularity, while Laurel's one decreases.

21. regnak Registered

She's unlikeable to some people not all. And how loud some people are on the internet is not a good scientific measure of popularity. They have pushed Felicity a lot leading up to 2x01 but the ratings didn't go up from 1x23 and that is the bottom line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(TV_series)#Season_1_.282012.E2.80.9313.29

22. SpideyFan866 Registered

Irrelevant.

1. Because he won't be around for long, and

2. He has his own love long term love interest in [BLACKOUT]Iris West[/BLACKOUT]

23. regnak Registered

Like I said they dumped her in the 90's series after 1 or 2 eps. You guys don't see how ridiculous it is to argue you can't do this because of one comic love interest but will happily toss another?

24. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well the 90's series has no bearings on this new upcoming show anymore than "Lois and Clark" had on "Smallville".

And the thing is though, Laurel is still so far from being recognized as the iconic Black Canary that people so famously know about in the comics in both personality and in characterization.

From what I understand, Dinah would never tolerate the kind of BS behavior that Arrow's Oliver did and honestly, the creators make it more difficult to root for Laurel and Oliver to get together when they already throw such bad situations for them both to be in, I mean from Oliver cheating on Laurel to be with Sarah (her freaking sister) to Laurel and Oliver both admitting that they betrayed Tommy when they got back together supposedly for what is now more or less considered a one night stand between them.

I mean at the end of the day, who's going to care now if they got back together again if their relationship is considered to be tiring and redundant?

25. Loki882 Registered

Dinah in the comics is also older and much more experienced that this Laurel is, so I don't believe that it's a particularly accurate comparison. I have some issues with how she was written in season 1, but I also believe that they are building to something interesting, so I'll be patient for now.