Arrow The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Felicity Smoak may be the show's equivalent to Smallville's Chloe Sullivan, but the difference between them is that Felicity is a comics mythos character and Chloe was made-for-TV.

I wonder if they're going to bring in future Firestorm Ronnie Raymond and his dad, Edward, down the line so that Felicity can be the stepmother to Firestorm as she's meant to be.

Felicity Smoak may be the show's equivalent to Smallville's Chloe Sullivan, but the difference between them is that Felicity is a comics mythos character and Chloe was made-for-TV.

I wonder if they're going to bring in future Firestorm Ronnie Raymond and his dad, Edward, down the line so that Felicity can be the stepmother to Firestorm as she's meant to be.

Yeah Felicity is not an original TV character , despite some attempts to make her into such. I think introducing some firestorm elements will really help develop and flesh the character more, she seems too stuck in the Oliver 's sidekick one dimensional role and its getting tiresome imo.

Oh, Felicity. :awesome:

oFn0rlc.gif
l3voECG.gif

Look at Felicity finding common ground with assassin. That's why she's awesome.

Sara and Ollie probably like her for how innocent and carefree she is compared to them.

While Felicity has comic backstory, this isn't the Felicity Smoak from the comics.

They've already said that they wrote an IT girl in for two episodes and gave her the name as an easter-egg. She was popular with the network higher ups so they kept her on and developed her character.

I doubt she'll end up being Firestorms step mother. If so then they are pretty much shoehorning in to be faithful to the comics. She's not the same character, just a character using that name.

I don't know much about her comic character, does she actually have any sort of importance other than being Firestorm's step-mother? The show probably won't even get there. I mean, she's 22 right now I think. She isn't going to be anyone's mom for the moment. And who knows how long Arrow will even last.

This is basically it:

The manager of a computer software firm in New York City. During one of the numerous metahuman battles that take place in Manhattan, the super-hero known as Firestorm inadvertently magnetized an expensive cache of software programs. This nearly destroyed Felicity's business and was one of several incidents in which she found herself enraged at the reckless hero. Following one particular confrontation, Firestorm retaliated against Felicity's accusatory behavior by transforming her clothes into soap suds. As a result, Felicity brought a lawsuit against Firestorm. During this time, Felicity developed a romantic relationship with reporter Ed Raymond. She had no idea that Ed's son Ronnie comprised one-half of the Firestorm gestalt entity. When Ronald discovered that Felicity was seeing his father, his life became greatly discomforting. Over time, Felicity and Ed fell deeply in love and were married.
After her wedding to Ed Raymond, Felicity learned the truth about Ronnie Raymond's dual identity, but by this point, she had forgiven him for his past transgressions and came to support his career as Firestorm.

She's an IT nerdy sort of person with a decent heart. Thats pretty much the only similarities. I could well see her marrying a reporter called Ed Raymond though, I'd imagine they would want to pair her up with someone at some point, fans want to see her happy.

Last edited:
If that's all, I could easily see Felicity end up like her comic character, in like another 10 to 20 years. She is obviously smart enough, she could easily be the manager of a big software firm, and then eventually fall in love with Firestorm's dad. But as I said, Arrow probably won't even last that long. So they don't even have to worry about that.

God, I love this so much. :funny:

[YT]F6l2yF9Wm3w[/YT]

Even Sara Lance, badass assassin, thinks that Felicity is cute.

Anyone else want a Felicity/Isabel catfight? :cwink:

While Felicity has comic backstory, this isn't the Felicity Smoak from the comics.

They've already said that they wrote an IT girl in for two episodes and gave her the name as an easter-egg. She was popular with the network higher ups so they kept her on and developed her character.

Of course like every comic book character adaptation, she is just a version of her comic character not an exact copy.

So I thin it's safe to say that they're doing a Oliver and Felicity romantic arc within this season given by what we saw transpire in our latest episode?

I guess Oliver and Felicity will likely be in bed with each other by the end of the season.

Well Oliver certainly moves fast, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Well Oliver certainly moves fast, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I just hope that they don't allow Felicity's character to go down the dark and angst path that Laurel has become defined by.

One of the reasons why Felicity is so well liked by both Oliver and the fans is because of how she brings such a positive and fun atmosphere in a rather serious show setting.

She's certainly the only character that I've wanted to see Oliver end up with thus far.

So I thin it's safe to say that they're doing a Oliver and Felicity romantic arc within this season given by what we saw transpire in our latest episode?

I guess Oliver and Felicity will likely be in bed with each other by the end of the season.

I really hope not. I haven't really gotten that kind of vibe from Felicity, save from a few strange comments from her side.
I just hope she's disappointed in Oliver for sleeping with the enemy, and not that she is jealous and sad he chose Isabel over her.

i suspect they may have it be a bit of both.... Maybe 60/40 'he's better than that'/'why not me?' kinda thing...

i suspect they may have it be a bit of both.... Maybe 60/40 'he's better than that'/'why not me?' kinda thing...

This is how I see it, too. She's attracted to him - they've let that slip enough in her off-handed, self-conscious comments.

I also think that the episode was his way of letting her down easy. He could see himself caring for someone like her - they've had their close moments, and he obviously cares for her. But let's be honest, Ollie doesn't have the greatest track record for being the 'good spot' in anyone's life, at least romantically.

Then again, part of his problem in the comics is he just couldn't keep it in his pants...

I gotta admit, Oliver as presented within this show is far more true to his "playboy" persona than any of the comic book characters that I've seen adapted in live action format who are also known being as such as well.

Neither Bruce or Tony Stark have been presented as being as lucky and promiscuous as Oliver Queen has on this show.

I just kind of hope that they don't end up ruining Felicity's character since I feel like she's the one truly sane thing on this show.

And yeah, my belief was that Oliver was letting Felicity down in the episode, but not so much because he wasn't interested, but because he was afraid of what could end up happening to her if they got involved since he could see himself really attached to her.

I really don't want Felicity and Oliver to date. I like them better as friends. If they do get together, I hope Felicity won't become the new Laurel.

Weren't there rumors Felicity and the Flash would have a fling? I hope they don't make it look like she's choosing him just cuz she and Ollie can't be a couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"