Arrow The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Dark Raven, May 8, 2013.

1. herolee10 No More Miracles

What happens in the Lab...stays in the lab....

2. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

But they're still in the lab! :oldrazz:

3. Paradox1 Registered

Lol that was a funny line

4. Drakepool Registered

5. Hunter Rider Ronin

:hrt:

I like the way the scenes between her and Ollie this week moved things forward instead of continuing the circle. I felt it established that she could be Ollie's hope beyond his life as The Arrow.

6. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I liked that too. Also, I didn't feel as if Ollie was putting the final nail in the coffin of a potential relationship between them. This is typically the kind of thing that people say in these shows where the creators are trying to develop a romantic tension between two characters. One usually shuts the other one down in a subtle way and it seems as if there isn't any hope. There was plenty of that between Castle and Beckett in Castle.

So it almost does seem as if a relationship between Felicity and Ollie is being teased but the creators obviously don't want to make it too easy to begin with.

BTW, anyone looking at this week's episode would be convinced that Emily is the lead female on the show. She just seems like, not only by her position in Team Arrow but also by her relationship to Ollie. I think she works well as the lead female too.

7. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

And so he decides to hang up the hood and bow for her sake and she gets killed at the end of season 2? :oldrazz:

8. Human Torch Registered

When Felicity told Isabella "We're going to Tahiti" I can't be the only one who blurted out "It's a magical place!"

:hehe:

9. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

That's exactly what I thought. Would've been fun if they made a reference to that. It's not like Marvel has a monopoly on that phrase.

10. ArcherFan Registered

Yeah, I was waiting for that line, too. :p

11. Human Torch Registered

The Tahiti tourist board should use that as their slogan.:hehe:

Can you imagine the business Tahiti would get if they had Coulson doing ads for them?

"Come to Tahiti.It's a Magical place."

:hehe:

12. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

And if they knew what Tahiti was, it might send them packing, if Tahiti is really a place you go to die. :oldrazz:

13. Loki882 Registered

"Come to Tahiti, even the dead vacation here."

14. Hunter Rider Ronin

Exactly, if you look at Ollie's facial reaction to Felicity's words it didn't come off like he was trying to let her down gently, more like he was sad that he couldn't have what he really wanted with her.

15. Boy Scout Registered

I dunno. He didn't look especially broken up about it. I really got the feeling that he just didn't want to hurt her feelings and was trying to tiptoe around the actual issue. I have honestly never once gotten the impression that he was romantically interested in her and this episode didn't change that.

16. herolee10 No More Miracles

If he wasn't at all interested in her, then I don't think that he would have worded things by saying that he couldn't afford to become close with someone that he would really care about due to his line of work...thus implying that he's aware of how strong he'd feel about her if he allowed himself to go there.

17. DrRocket Registered

^ yeah, I always thought he had some feelings for her but just didn't act on them.

18. Nathan Registered

I'm not an Ollie/Felicity shipper. But if them getting together means Laurel will have even less purpose being on the show, then I'm all for it.

19. Mr. Dent Registered

laurel should die

20. Nathan Registered

Now we don't have to go that far. They could make her move to Blüdhaven or some other city, trying to get away from all the craziness, or pain she associates with Starling City.

21. herolee10 No More Miracles

Indeed; I mean I don't hate the character, but I think she could be used so much better than she is right now.

And yeah, I kind of do feel like Felicity is slowly, if not already, the female lead of the show. I mean if the show's creators still think of Laurel as the primary female lead, then they're not doing a good job in showing that since Felicity has really been on a roll.

22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Laurel could go to Tahiti. :oldrazz:

Felicity is also at the forefront of the Season 2 promo poster while KC is right at the back. Would be cool if they moved EMB up to second in the credits too.

In the first season of the international version of Dawson's Creek, which had a completely different music by Jann Arden, Michelle Williams was 2nd billed in the opening credits while Katie Holmes was 4th billed. But then for the 2nd season, which used the "I don't wanna wait" theme by Paula Cole, Katie Holmes was 2nd billed and Michelle Williams was either 3rd or 4th billed.

Maybe something similar could happen here.

BTW did you Americans always have the "I don't wanna wait" theme for DC since the start, even in season 1, or did you ever have the "Run like mad" theme by Jann Arden?

#197 Dark Raven, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  23. DrRocket Registered

^ don't know about the themes since I have no interest in any music ( i dont think i even know a song name) and or related stuff but I do like the music an themes they use for arrow, (also the voice over :)).

24. Boy Scout Registered

Exactly. If he allowed himself to go there. I don't think he has and only sees her as a really close friend. Like I said: it seemed to me like he was trying to tiptoe around the real issue, which was whether or not her feelings were reciprocated. He didn't look especially broken up about having to reject her and the way he worded it made it seem as if he were speaking generally about why he can't be in a serious relationship with anyone and not why he can't be in a relationship with her. It didn't come across as very personal at all. I don't think Oliver feels the same way about Felicity, and if he does, they've done a pretty poor job of showing it.

25. Hunter Rider Ronin

I think how Ollie felt was in his eyes not what he said, it was like him and Felicity were having a conversation within the conversation.