The Enemy Within

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
The Enemy Within Trailer: Jennifer Carpenter & Morris Chestnut Star in NBC Drama - ComingSoon.net

NBC has released the official trailer for their upcoming drama series The Enemy Within, starring Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter) and Morris Chestnut (Rosewood). Check out the trailer below!

According to Deadline, Carpenter will play Erica Shepherd, a brilliant former CIA operative now known as one of the most notorious traitors in recent American history, who is serving life in a Supermax prison. Against every fiber of his being, but with nowhere else to turn, FBI agent Will Keaton (Chestnut) enlists Shepherd to help track down a fiercely dangerous and elusive criminal she knows all too well. While Shepherd and Keaton have different motivations for bringing the enemy to justice, they both know that to catch a spy, they must think like one.

The series also stars Raza Jaffrey (Homeland), Kelli Garner (The Aviator), Cassandra Freeman (Inside Man), and Noah Mills (The Brave).

The Enemy Within will premiere on Monday, February 25, 2019, following The Voice on NBC.

Seems like every other cliche (crazed/charming/sociopath) except this time the role is played by a woman.

I didn't get the impression that the main character was a sociopath.
It looked to me like she was set up, that is what intrigued me about the show.

Watched the first episode. It was ok but also a little weird. Jennifer Carpenter seems like she's in this intense political drama, but the rest of the cast is in a world that's a little removed. She warns them of a trap Mr. evil guy has likely set for them based on past patterns that killed several government operatives, and so warned, Morris Chestnut and pal proceed as normal but decide to "keep their eyes open for IEDs". Fortunately for them, it's the lamest trap ever and only a single IED goes off, despite them driving around reckless as hell. But after the one goes off, pal reminds Chestnut to keep his eyes open for more IEDs. (phew! I was worried he wouldn't!) Then we get the big reveal at the end of the episode about Jennifer Carpenter not really being a traitor, but had to make a choice between her daughter's life and giving the identity of government agents to the bad guy (in a scene already played in a preview of the show). So if the government didn't know about how she gave up information to the terrorist on a single phone call (they apparently thought she was working extensively with him), what exactly did they have on her to put her away in a maximum security prison? Like I said, a little weird.

First episode was boring and generic. Another evil terrorist infiltrates the government/law enforcement show.

Honestly, I would have preferred if her character was kept a bit more ambiguous - for you not to be sure if she is working for Tal or not. This way, all the mystery is gone, unless her story to the FBI guy was a ruse and she really is a traitor. I'll watch a bit more, because I'm a huge Jennifer Carpenter fan back from her Dexter days.

Both this and Whiskey Cavalier dropped the ball in their pilots - this with her revelation, and WC by making his girlfriend just a random cheater with his best friend - she shouldn't have appeared in the pilot, been a mystery and then reveled as a spy (either from the CIA or some adversarial intelligence agency). I had high hopes for both shows, but both fell short.

Last edited:
First episode was boring and generic. Another evil terrorist infiltrates the government/law enforcement show.
With timing like on 24. The super know everything spy is not a field agent but the Deputy Director for the CIA, an administrative position, and who knows all her people by name. Her daughter doesn't have a security team so from a cell phone photo she flips.

Despite three years of solitary confinement she has the technical ability to beat the best that the FBI can throw at her in a day. Meanwhile the big bad has an army of sleeper agents ready to do evil with no known motivation for them.

The first couple of eps were ok but bland, I like the two leads but the show needs a bit more dynamism.

well Crus is dead it would have been interesting if SSA(Supervisory spacial agent )cia Keaton was able to turn her but I knew she'd have died before they got far with her any ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"