The Rise of Skywalker The Episode IX Trailer Threadganza!!!!

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
We are less then 24 hours away. What do you want to see?

Also please do not rate until you have seen the trailer. Thank you and may the Force be with you.

All the first Star Wars teaser trailers:

Speculation: I think the teaser is going to open up with a montage of all the previous entries of the Skywalker Saga.

Would looove to see shots of kylo in his mask, the knights of Ren and even possibly a glimpse of the final duel! I'm sure we're gonna see lando too. I also think we will get a montage of all the films. Regardless of what we get, I'm so hyped!!

Speculation: I think the teaser is going to open up with a montage of all the previous entries of the Skywalker Saga.
It will probably really push the idea that this is the end of the saga. They will show force ghost Luke, but I'm not as certain they'll show Leia.

9 things I want to see in the trailer....

I. The General
tumblr_p60ixlcfwc1vp67vvo1_540.gif

Because it will tear us apart.

II. The Unstable Skywalker Lightsaber
tumblr_p5emix1hz71x60xj6o1_540.gif

After being ripped apart in TLJ, chances are Rey's lightsaber might be a bit similar to Kylo's now. If so, let's see it.

III. The Knights of Ren
tumblr_pdyc2h9kwa1s3olk1o3_540.gif

It has been a long 4 year wait to see these guys. Let's see what they got.

IV. Conflicted Kylo
tumblr_pin2ukK3pU1y0o31io3_540.gif

Kylo is tearing himself apart. Let's see how that is going for him.

V. The Falcon
tumblr_p5m5fx0dvC1s7xfipo8_540.gif

Kind of a tradition at this point. A cool shot of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

VI. The War
tumblr_phoxw4smE71tjk4tmo3_r1_540.gif

The Resistance vs. the First Order, raging across the galaxy. On planets and amongst the stars.

VII. Rey in Battle
tumblr_pny9n8KRSQ1x8t86vo2_540.gif

In what feels like a strange twist of fate, we really haven't seen Rey in many non-close quarters battle situation. Seeing her in combat, a lot like Luke at the start of RotJ, would be really neat imo.

VIII. The Rey/Kylo Showdown
tumblr_pll2354BEy1r05bkco6_540.gif

I fully expect Kylo on the good guys side at the end of this trilogy. Whether lives through the end of the saga, that is another question. But before all that can happen, we need that final duel. And with filming in desert conditions, perhaps we get that Leone inspired face off on the planet that started it all.

IX. Luke
tumblr_pgpekrNjCd1rrecxqo3_540.gif

We know he is in the movie. No need to be shy. Show us the space hairdresser, in what may very well be his final film.

Last edited:
Wish list:
Knights of Ren being led by Kylo
A shot of Lando and his "daughter"
Something that hints to the lightsaber battle that is certain to come

I expect it to be vague about the plot. And no footage from the duel between Rey and Kylo.

Tomorrow we will probably get the trailer, title and poster. I am going to get a nosebleed at this rate. :o

Has anyone heard the rumour of the title being 'The Will of the Force' or 'Will of the Force', sounds super cheesy to me but we'll find out t'row.

Has anyone heard the rumour of the title being 'The Will of the Force' or 'Will of the Force', sounds super cheesy to me but we'll find out t'row.

Personally I think it has more gravitas than any other title, because nothing has had as much impact on the story as the will of the Force. It's the central driving element of this entire saga. It's a very fitting title for the film that ends the Skywalker saga. And not cheesy at all.

But if you think its cheesy I have to ask, have you seen the other Episode titles? :funny: They're all Flash Gordon pulp and cheese.

Personally I think it has more gravitas than any other title, because nothing has had as much impact on the story as the will of the Force. It's the central driving element of this entire saga. It's a very fitting title for the film that ends the Skywalker saga. And not cheesy at all.

But if you think its cheesy I have to ask, have you seen the other Episode titles? :funny: They're all Flash Gordon pulp and cheese.

I'm not saying I don't like it, cheese and SW go together well, and it suits a JJ film.

Is this a full trailer that's coming out tomorrow or just a teaser?

Peter Sciretta (/Film): (1:58) "I've heard some things about this [Episode IX] trailer, guys and gals...and I think this trailer is gonna kind of divide - like there's gonna be some hints at some stuff that might divide Star Wars fandom - I think but it's exciting. I think it's exciting." "I'm not saying it's not gonna be a crowd-pleaser but I think J. J. [Abrams] - from what I understand - J. J. is not taking the responsibility of this ending this trilogy, he's trying to end the whole [nine episode] saga as a whole. And to bring that full circle...you need to do some things. It's going to be interesting. You'll see." (April 11, 2019)

Peter Sciretta (/Film): (1:58) "I've heard some things about this [Episode IX] trailer, guys and gals...and I think this trailer is gonna kind of divide - like there's gonna be some hints at some stuff that might divide Star Wars fandom - I think but it's exciting. I think it's exciting." "I'm not saying it's not gonna be a crowd-pleaser but I think J. J. [Abrams] - from what I understand - J. J. is not taking the responsibility of this ending this trilogy, he's trying to end the whole [nine episode] saga as a whole. And to bring that full circle...you need to do some things. It's going to be interesting. You'll see." (April 11, 2019)
Rey is Anakin/Darth Vader reincarnated confirmed.

Rey is the father!!

Frankly I think this was a foolish way to go about this film. This trilogy on it's own is underdeveloped and rushed in its narrative. We just had the TLJ controversy that's still going strong. The PT is a barely controlled dumpster fire. The last thing JJ should have done, after being hired last minute following Trevorrow's mess, is try to burden himself and this film with not only the climax of this trilogy but also the OT and the ****ing PT.

I've said before there was too much story for the First Order, Rey, Kylo, the OT trio, New Jedi Order, New Republic etc to be dealt with in just a trilogy. That it should have been 6 films. And now not only is JJ wanting to wrap those threads up but now he wants to put a bow on 9 films. This just strikes me as biting off way more than they can chew.

On top of that Disney intends to continue the franchise. And yet they are letting JJ try to wrap up all this despite the fact that at some point they will have to set films and other stories after the events of Epispde 9. Which just strikes me as Disney trying to have its cake and eat it to.

Maybe they can make this work but this sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

Frankly I think this was a foolish way to go about this film. This trilogy on it's own is underdeveloped and rushed in its narrative. We just had the TLJ controversy that's still going strong. The PT is a barely controlled dumpster fire. The last thing JJ should have done, after being hired last minute following Trevorrow's mess, is try to burden himself and this film with not only the climax of this trilogy but also the OT and the ****ing PT.

I've said before there was too much story for the First Order, Rey, Kylo, the OT trio, New Jedi Order, New Republic etc to be dealt with in just a trilogy. That it should have been 6 films. And now not only is JJ wanting to wrap those threads up but now he wants to put a bow on 9 films. This just strikes me as biting off way more than they can chew.

On top of that Disney intends to continue the franchise. And yet they are letting JJ try to wrap up all this despite the fact that at some point they will have to set films and other stories after the events of Epispde 9. Which just strikes me as Disney trying to have its cake and eat it to.

Maybe they can make this work but this sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

Man aren’t you just Mr Optimisitc when we haven’t even seen the first footage or any confirmed details yet. :funny:

But who is Will and what does he have to do with the Force?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"