the etymology of your name

I've done this a few times. But the origin of my name is so uncertain I end up with too many different meanings.

:o :down Jacob the holder of the heel and logan meaning a little hollow? what the hell is a little hollow? i hope it doesn't mean void of my soul or anything

First name means "Just", derived from Latin... not that the name itself doesn't give that away, what with "Just" being the first syllable.
Last name isn't listed, but I can tell you that it happens to be, as some names are, one of a family of names which, due to illiteracy, have a number of variations which sound similar because they were all originally the same. In this case, Irving is listed as coming from a Scottish place name meaning "green water" (other variations on the name are Erwin, Ervin, Irwin, Irwing... ugh).

My name wouldnt be on there.. but I know it means a child is greater than wealth in Igbo so I'm good.

dew·drop Pronunciation Key (ddrp, dy-)
n.

A drop of dew.

kar·ma Pronunciation Key (kärm)
n.

1. Hinduism & Buddhism. The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
2. Fate; destiny.
3. Informal. A distinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today.

Mosenberg
Jewish

City of Moses

My name has two meanings.

Derived from the Roman god of war 'Mars' also known as 'Ares'.

From latin 'Mas' meaning literally 'Male'.

I'm no longer angry at my folks for naming me after a Italian plumber with a mushroom fetish.

It pretty much fits me, I'm a soldier and have been in two wars and I'm a Aries and my favorite color is red. Go figure.

Nothing new here. Jason comes from two sources, Greek for to heal and from, of course, the Greek mythological hero. So either way you cut it, my name is badass.

jaydawg said:
Nothing new here. Jason comes from two sources, Greek for to heal and from, of course, the Greek mythological hero. So either way you cut it, my name is badass.

Welcome to the badass club.

:up:

Usage: English

Pronounced: an-to-NET * [key]

Pet form of ANTONIA

no meaning behind my first name

Usage: English
Extra: Statistics, Add Information

Means "metal worker", derived from Old English.

I did both surnames, fathers, Irish didn't come up. Mothers, english.

Kyle: From a Scottish surname which was derived from Gaelic caol meaning "narrows, channel, strait".

Thomas: Greek form of the Aramaic name Te'oma which meant "twin".

Kallgren: not found :(

ANDREW
From the Greek name Ανδρεας (Andreas), which derives from ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος (andros) "of a man"). In the New Testament the apostle Andrew was the brother of the apostle Simon Peter. According to legend he was crucified on an X-shaped cross, and he is the patron saint of Scotland, Russia, and Greece. This was also the name of kings of Hungary.

Diana... I am heavnely and divine. :D

My priest told me my name meant Gift From God

First Name:
Usage: Scottish or English
Pronounced: JES-ee [key]
Pet form of Jean (Scottish) or Jessica/Jesse (English)

Middle name: Derived from an Irish surname O'******. It means descendant of *******.

Last Name: Not in the database, but it's Irish.

First name is Irish for Little King.

Middle is Latin for Nobleman.

Last isn't there, but it's English. Norman name of some region. Nobility there were known as the "The Lords of ...", and it came to be there surname. I'm related to them in the distant past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"