The Evangeline Lilly/Hope Van Dyne/Wasp Thread

They could have subtitled this trailer "yeah, Wasp is awesome."

Yeah, really excited to see Evangeline in this movie. She was great in the first one and looks even better here.

She was kicking a lot of ass in that trailer and I was loving every minute of it, especially the knife bit. Can't wait to see what they do with her in this and Avengers 4.

Wasp looks great in the trailer. I didn't like the costume at first but it looks better in now. Can't wait to see the movie!

screen-shot-2018-01-30-at-9-45-14-am.jpg

screen-shot-2018-01-30-at-9-44-57-am.jpg

screen-shot-2018-01-30-at-9-45-06-am.jpg

Awesome!

Wasp should have appeared in the first Ant-Man movie as well as Civil War, but they're making it up to her with this movie.

Wasp should have appeared in the first Ant-Man movie as well as Civil War, but they're making it up to her with this movie.

Yunno, hypothetically to me, it would have been cool instead of Ant-man getting caught it was Wasp, in Civil War.

Oh! or pit Ant-man and the Wasp against each other somehow. But whatever, they're a couple so it wouldn't make sense--anyhow.

Regardless. I like the way it is right now.

Yunno, hypothetically to me, it would have been cool instead of Ant-man getting caught it was Wasp, in Civil War.

Oh! or pit Ant-man and the Wasp against each other somehow. But whatever, they're a couple so it wouldn't make sense--anyhow.

Regardless. I like the way it is right now.

In Civil War? They were definitely not a couple coming out of Ant-Man. All they have is shared technology and Hank Pym as daddy to one and mentor to the other

In Civil War? They were definitely not a couple coming out of Ant-Man. All they have is shared technology and Hank Pym as daddy to one and mentor to the other

At the end of Ant-man, Hank caught Hope and Scott making out though. I dunno... maybe they're not, but they have that unspoken thing.

At the end of Ant-man, Hank caught Hope and Scott making out though. I dunno... maybe they're not, but they have that unspoken thing.

To be fair, deep tongue kissing is how most MCU superhero teamups are made official. At least according to my Captain America/Thor fanfic.

She's definitely looking awesome. Did a good job in the first movie with her role, but yeah should be fun to see her owning people in this one. Plus from the trailer she definitely hasn't lost the ability to deliver some verbal shots as well :).

I'm curious to see how romantic, if at all, their dynamic is here? I mean they did kiss at the end of the first one (and not just a quick one either, and they'd probably have gone longer if Hank hadn't opened the door), and supposedly this movie might be a "rom-com," and it could parallel Hank and Janet as well.

We'll see soon enough I guess.

They really focused a lot more on showing Wasp's abilities than on Ant-Man (but that''s sort of what I expected due to him already having 2 MCU appearances.) Like that the gold on Wasp's suit actually stood out much better than what we saw from the on-set shots.

Love her! She's already looking like an avenger!

Ant Man has an entire movie to show off what he can do already, and the first kind of told us that "yeah Hope is the most qualified to do this, but can't because of her dad's issues." So showing off what she do now makes a lot of sense actually.

Evangeline Lilly was pretty good in the first one. I look forward to seeing more of her as the wasp from what was shown in the teaser. :hrt:

Ant Man has an entire movie to show off what he can do already, and the first kind of told us that "yeah Hope is the most qualified to do this, but can't because of her dad's issues." So showing off what she do now makes a lot of sense actually.

agreed she should be far superior than Ant man when Pym finally lets her have her own suit I can't wait

and what a boss line: if you did you would never have gotten caught lol

I watched Antman and im so excited to see more Hope in this sequel. :)

Maybe they aren't an official couple but they were having a definite romantic tongue session at the end of Ant-Man. So everyone is going to forget about that?

Maybe they aren't an official couple but they were having a definite romantic tongue session at the end of Ant-Man. So everyone is going to forget about that?

Oh please, Tony Stark kisses himself in the mirror like that every morning.

There is that one shot in the trailer of her taking his mask off, which could be a pseudo-romantic scene between them.

The little wings are so cool.

I really want to see Hope and Cassie properly meet this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"