The Evil Dead/ED2/Army of Darkness/Ash vs Evil Dead Definitive Timeline

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since the "Ash vs Evil Dead" TV series changed the game forever, I conceived, elaborated and wrote a NEW "definitive" Evil Dead universe timeline rolling the 3 movies and the TV series into one single, cohesive "continuity".

No more discrepancies or incongruences, I swear.

Have a good read:

http://evildeadarmyofdarkness.blogspot.it/p/thevil-dead-definitive-timeline.html

Feedback is welcomed, of course.

Thank you so much.

Hopefully you liked it! :)

Can't wait for Season 3. We will discover what truly happened to the timeline.

Season 3 is coming! February 25th, 2018. Are you ready?

You don't include the latest movie? Campbell has that very brief cameo at the end and there were plans to eventually crossover with the original trilogy before they decided to go with the TV series.

You don't include the latest movie? Campbell has that very brief cameo at the end and there were plans to eventually crossover with the original trilogy before they decided to go with the TV series.

I know where you're coming from, but it's a parallel universe. And I suspect they are gonna introduce parallel universes in Season 3 too.

Fact is, it's a different book and a different entity on "Evil Dead" (2013).

I know where you're coming from, but it's a parallel universe. And I suspect they are gonna introduce parallel universes in Season 3 too.

Fact is, it's a different book and a different entity on "Evil Dead" (2013).

Okay fair enough.

Okay fair enough.

The book on "Evil Dead 2013" is Judeo-Christian and the entity is not the "Kandarian Demon", but the "Taker of Souls". Indeed, the "Deadites" have different eyes.

Anyway, Ash's car is on there. I suspect they will hint something about it on Season 3, even.

I hope you loved my timeline. Spread the good word. :)

Last edited:
I still gotta finish season 2. I am about halfway through.

The last 2 episode are the best. Trust me. But prepare yourself, the last minute of the last episode is the biggest WTF of the whole saga LOL.

I updated the timeline with SEASON 3 and its many revelations and details.

Check it out!

I'm a bit surprised, it seems there are not so many Evil Dead fans around on these forum? I could be wrong...

There are a few but there isn't much going on with the franchise since Ash vs Evil Dead was cancelled last year.

EVIL DEAD 5 announced. They will start filming this year. No Ash. There will be a new lead character.

EVIL DEAD 5 announced. They will start filming this year. No Ash. There will be a new lead character.

I haven't seen anything official yet, only this:

Evil Dead 5 Could Start This Year, Says Bruce Campbell

My first thought was it's not really Evil Dead without Ash, but it could be interesting to have a movie in this universe where every character might die. I love Ash, but he always had his plot armor. So I don't really want a new character to "replace" him (like they did in the remake/reboot)

I wouldn't put much stock in what Campbell said. He says a lot of things and not all of them come true. Besides which he said could start this year, not would start this year.

Well he wrote it was “announced” when clearly nothing was announced. Unless this announcement solely was to him who is now announcing it to us.

Maybe he’s Sam Raimi?

I love Ash, but he always had his plot armor. So I don't really want a new character to "replace" him (like they did in the remake/reboot)

Any lead character from each movie franchise in the world has "plot armor". Ash is resilient, that's one of his main abilities - he is the Chosen One.

Any lead character from each movie franchise in the world has "plot armor". Ash is resilient, that's one of his main abilities - he is the Chosen One.

Yeah you're right, but I meant if you're looking at it as a straight up horror movie. I'm never really worried something might happen to Ash, but everyone else is expendable. He's almost a superhero. I guess that's why it's never really scary to me

Yeah you're right, but I meant if you're looking at it as a straight up horror movie. I'm never really worried something might happen to Ash, but everyone else is expendable. He's almost a superhero. I guess that's why it's never really scary to me

That's not true. In ED1 and ED2, Ash is on the verge of losing his life many times, and it feels damn genuine. Even on the TV series... actually he even
got killed in order to save his daughter

He is more vulnerable of any other lead character in any other successful franchise, actually.

That's not true. In ED1 and ED2, Ash is on the verge of losing his life many times, and it feels damn genuine. Even on the TV series... actually he even
got killed in order to save his daughter

He is more vulnerable of any other lead character in any other successful franchise, actually.

Army of Darkness probably heavily influenced my view of Ash. I think I actually saw that one before the two Evil Dead movies. (Years ago) For me, it's almost like watching a superhero movie, I know he'll be fine in the end. But I guess he became an "icon" after AoD. He's more of a last man standing in ED 1&2.

I actually forgot about
him dying in the series... but not really cause he woke up in the future

Anyway, I just want them to continue the story of Ash, but it seems like there taking it in a different direction. I did kind of like the 2013 movie, but it didn't really "feel" like Evil Dead to me

Another funny aspect is that the hero of the first half of "The Evil Dead" is Scott, and everyone - I mean - everyone among the viewers was expecting Ash to be one of the victims at the time.

In "Army of Darkness", Ash became the icon we all know. His transformation started in the second half of ED2 and just found its completeness in AoD.

The timeline has been totally updated with SEASON 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead and its many revelations.

Check it out! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"