Jan. 6: The Failed Insurrection of Donald Trump...

Seditious conspiracy is not low hanging fruit.
I mean the Oath Keepers were the easiest get, lots of evidence. It's Trump who incited and he deserves to not get away with it.

I mean the Oath Keepers were the easiest get, lots of evidence. It's Trump who incited and he deserves to not get away with it.

And they still only got 2/5 they charged with it.

And they still only got 2/5 they charged with it.
As I understand it, that is a very, very difficult charge to make stick. This, at the very least, is sending a chilling message to those "above" those who have been convicted.

And, at last, I hope we can put to bed this idea that Garland is asleep at the wheel. Impatience and justice don't blend together very well. Better to gather the facts and proceed, than to rush in and screw things up.

As I understand it, that is a very, very difficult charge to make stick. This, at the very least, is sending a chilling message to those "above" those who have been convicted.

And, at last, I hope we can put to bed this idea that Garland is asleep at the wheel. Impatience and justice don't blend together very well. Better to gather the facts and proceed, than to rush in and screw things up.
I would have thought that between the video and the texts that the sedition case against these guys would have been a slam dunk, but what do I know? :(

Politico - Mark Meadows ordered to testify in Trump investigation

South Carolina’s Supreme Court has ordered former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to testify to an Atlanta-area grand jury investigating Donald Trump’s effort to overturn the election in Georgia.

“We have reviewed the arguments raised by Appellant and find them to be manifestly without merit,” South Carolina’s Supreme Court justices wrote.

First on CNN: Federal judge orders former top lawyers in Trump's White House to testify in criminal grand jury probe | CNN Politics

A federal judge has ordered former top Trump White House lawyers to provide additional grand jury testimony, rejecting former President Donald Trump’s privilege claims in the Justice Department’s criminal investigation of his effort to overturn the 2020 election, people briefed on the matter said.

Pat Cipollone, the Trump White House counsel, and his deputy, Patrick Philbin, appeared in September before the grand jury in Washington, DC, as part of the Justice Department probe, which is now being overseen by newly appointed special counsel Jack Smith.

Cipollone and Philbin declined to answer some questions at that time, citing Trump’s claims of executive and attorney-client privilege.

POLITICO Playbook: Trump’s pre-[Georgia] runoff message: Terminate the Constitution

DONALD TRUMP, the former president and the person that polls show is still the most likely GOP presidential nominee in 2024, today on Truth Social called for the suspension of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election, citing false conspiracy theories about election fraud.

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution," Trump wrote, hours after new details of Twitter's internal moderation deliberations in 2020 were released at the behest of new owner ELON MUSK. (More on that below.)

Every Republican will be asked about Trump's statement. The former president dined with antisemites last week, and now he says the Constitution should be discarded. If you are a Republican who thinks being asked to take a position on this is just some liberal media trap, consider what you would say if BARACK OBAMA or JOE BIDEN tweeted this.

https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-14/

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Will this keep Trump out of office...?
It should because he clearly tried to overthrow the government and just said to throw out the Constitution but Republicans are gonna Republican and pretend they didn't see or hear he called for it or just continue to ignore it entirely as they are already doing.

It should because he clearly tried to overthrow the government and just said to throw out the Constitution but Republicans are gonna Republican and pretend they didn't see or hear he called for it or just continue to ignore it entirely as they are already doing.
It amazes me how they can do it over and over and keep a straight face. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"