Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

ECt-U-m-VXUAExdb-H.jpg

ECxthnr-XUAEji6r.jpg

Which is?
The legacy of Steve Rogers as Captain America and a high likelihood that Walker is the U.S. government's choice to weild the shield and take up the mantle of Cap, but one that the modern day U.S. government has under their thumb. They want to have control over the symbol of Captain America and will disregard Steve's chosen successor.

This is 1 show I can easily see being given a 2nd miniseries with how many characters are appearing in it.

We've got Sharon Carter (not to mention Peggy) who many fans have felt didn't get her due as Captain America simply was jam packed with stuff giving limited time for her character to develop.

Then of course there's both Sam, Bucky, and now U.S. Agent (who I'll admit being not remembering much about other than he's kind of a fill-in for Captain America in the 1950's in the comics but I could be mistaken).

Last edited:
This is 1 show I can easily see being given a 2nd miniseries with how characters are appearing in it.

We've got Sharon Carter (not to mention Peggy) who many fans have felt didn't get her due as the Captain America simply were jam packed with stuff giving limited time for her character to develop.

Then of course there's both Sam, Bucky, and now U.S. Agent (who I'll admit being not remembering much about other than he's kind of a fill-in for Captain America in the 1950's in the comics but I could be mistaken).

The 1950s Cap was a different character. Walker took over for Cap in the 80s (real world time, comic book time it is probably "a few years ago") when Steve quit because the government wanted to control his activities. Before he became Cap, Walker was known as Super Patriot.

The 1950s Cap was a different character. Walker took over for Cap in the 80s (real world time, comic book time it is probably "a few years ago") when Steve quit because the government wanted to control his activities. Before he became Cap, Walker was known as Super Patriot.
giphy.gif

Thanks, I admitted I was probably mistaken cause it's just been a while. Last time I heard of US Agent was years ago and I somehow keep thinking of that separate character (50's version of Captain America) for some reason when trying to think back to his origin even though he's been utilized a lot over the years.

Last edited:
Thanks, I admitted I was probably mistaken cause it's just been a while. Last time I heard of US Agent was years ago and I somehow keep thinking of that 50's version for some reason when trying to think back to his origin even though he's been utilized a lot over the years.

Yeah there have been so may replacement Caps in the comic book continuity that it's probably not hard to mix them up. Walker's run happened when I was a kid so it is embedded in my brain, heh. T

Yeah there have been so may replacement Caps in the comic book continuity that it's probably not hard to mix them up. Walker's run happened when I was a kid so it is embedded in my brain, heh. T

I hope they do a Captain America 4 and continue to showcase some more elements of the comics on screen as I really think a final sendoff would be something special.

I enjoyed the tone of Winter Soldier and Civil War the most out of all the Marvel movies so I'm looking forward to this show. The dramatic elements felt pretty intense at times counterbalancing the action and story quite well and I hope this show continues that.

The thing with Walker is, and I know that it's not a lock, especially given how calculating Disney is and how Four Quadrant and safe (Sorry, it is the truth. Safe means calibrated to the Nth degree to give each demo something whether it's organic to the plot or characters, never doing something truly controversial, allowing only so much depth and shaving off any REAL sharp elbows of the characters and glazing it all with a heavy coating of broad humor...) so much of Marvel's product has been, there is a lot of good dramatic material to mine ESPECIALLY in today's climate in the U.S.

For those that don't know, Walker as a character is... He'd be a Trump supporter let's say. He's a go with his gut reactionary, an America, love it or leave it type. He was introduced as a caricature almost of what people THINK Capt. America should be. His time in the role was very stage managed to manipulate the public into accepting him as Cap.

In the modern world... That's a lot of fertile ground for commentary if they don't chicken out.

For some reason even though I've seen wonders thanks to the MCU I never thought I'd ever see The US Agent on the screen but here he is.

I wonder if we will see old man Steve.

I wonder if we will see old man Steve.

If you mean new scenes with old Steve, no (IMO). Evans didn't come back to voice Steve in the What If cartoon, which would've been an hour or so of work off camera.

In other words, like FFH they won't be touching the serious ramifications of the death and resurrection of over 4 billion human beings or how that would literally affect every single aspect of life on Earth.

(Sigh)

I kinda hope they boost this to 8 episodes instead of just 6.

Maybe for season 2 if they do one but I always think it’s better to have 6 great eps rather than 6 great eps and some filler episodes

100-150 Million Budget sounds very big. Great!!!

That suggests each one of these shows is basically being treated like a long-form movie. Which is exactly what they should be, given they are only 6-8 episodes each.

6-8 is definitely better pacing that what they were doing with the netflix stuff, as that was a #1 criticism of it, too much filler/padding

this is good

I feel like 6 episodes would be perfect. Even Defenders dragged a bit with 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"