Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

I feel like 6 episodes would be perfect. Even Defenders dragged a bit with 8.
The Defenders needed more than 8. It was the IDEAL meetup. The problem is that it was shorter than the 13 episodes dedicated solely to each hero.

I still contend the problem with the Defenders shows was not "too many episodes", but "too little plot". The showrunners took "a movie in long form" too literally, and tried to make 13 episode shows in which there was only one storyline. What they *should* have done was have one main storyline, and several standalone episodes interspersed amongst the main thread. "Filler" has an unfairly dirty connotation, as if any episode which doesn't advance The Main Plot is a waste of time. They aren't, standalone stories provide an opportunity for tensions to relax, character development to happen, and pacing to have a mode other than "rocket engine".

how reliable is HNentertainment? They're saying the plot will feature some kind of viral threat to the population.

Could potentially draw from a viral version of the Mad Bomb (which was also the inspiration for the midnight oil gas used in Agent Carter S1 and was a backup plan for Captain America 3), Adhesive X/Virus X (the stuff that caused Heinrich Zemo to have his mask stuck to his face and disfigured Helmut, changed from a chemical adhesive to a virus for the EMH cartoon) and the Red Zone cloud (from the Avengers: Red Zone storyline).

Thoughts?

Potential spoilers from 4Chan

Falcon and The Winter Solider Leak (From 4Chan)
renderTimingPixel.png

4Chan
Original Source: /co/ - >Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt) and the Governmen - Comics & Cartoons - 4chan

• Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt) and the Government does not want Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) to be the New Captain America due to not signing the accords. They instead enlist John Walker (Wyatt Russell) to be the New Captain America, who prefers to go by the name: US Agent

• Furious, Sam gets the help of Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) to fight low level crimes.

• Sharon Carter (Emily Vancamp) begs the Government to replace Walker with Sam, but Sam and Bucky grow close with Walker, with Sam accepting Walker as the New Captain America.

• Walker gets a chip in his brain implanted by Zemo (Daniel Brühl), resulting in Walker going rogue.

• Zemo plans to implant chips similar to the one he put in Walker on the entire population. He gets Rachel Leighton (Bonnie Wright) to help.

• Desperate, Ross and the government hire Sam and Bucky to stop Walker.

• Alfre Woodard as Miriam Shape and Martin Freeman as Everett Ross return in major roles.

• Chris Evans as Old Steve Rogers will appear in two episodes, possibly to give moral advice to Sam and Bucky.

• Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh) and Emil Blonsky (Tim Roth) are expected to cameo sometime in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to put spoilers (even if they are only potential spoilers) underneath spoiler tags please?

Potential spoilers from 4Chan

Falcon and The Winter Solider Leak (From 4Chan)
renderTimingPixel.png

4Chan
Original Source: /co/ - >Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt) and the Governmen - Comics & Cartoons - 4chan

• Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt) and the Government does not want Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) to be the New Captain America due to not signing the accords. They instead enlist John Walker (Wyatt Russell) to be the New Captain America, who prefers to go by the name: US Agent

• Furious, Sam gets the help of Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) to fight low level crimes.

• Sharon Carter (Emily Vancamp) begs the Government to replace Walker with Sam, but Sam and Bucky grow close with Walker, with Sam accepting Walker as the New Captain America.

• Walker gets a chip in his brain implanted by Zemo (Daniel Brühl), resulting in Walker going rogue.

• Zemo plans to implant chips similar to the one he put in Walker on the entire population. He gets Rachel Leighton (Bonnie Wright) to help.

• Desperate, Ross and the government hire Sam and Bucky to stop Walker.

• Alfre Woodard as Miriam Shape and Martin Freeman as Everett Ross return in major roles.

• Chris Evans as Old Steve Rogers will appear in two episodes, possibly to give moral advice to Sam and Bucky.

• Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh) and Emil Blonsky (Tim Roth) are expected to cameo sometime in the series.

Ross and the government are idiots, they saw various enemy threats, and they still want the Avengers to sign the accords. They are all like, oh We don't trust the guy who beat up Thanos and saved the planet multiple times, let's grab some random person off of the street to be Captain America.

it's totally in character though for the govt to return to the status quo of wanting control

also it's kinda cool, nobody actually saw thanos and cap fight. both thor and iron man were knocked out during the fight for the entire universe. well maybe strange "saw" it before but that doesn't count :cwink:

Wait, Bonnie Wright is going to be in this? I hope she learned to act after Harry Potter ended.

If those leaks are true, Ross is a moron, but the U.S government doing that would not surprise me at all, so it fits.

Not sure how Emil Blonsky would fit into this, but I’d be all for that cameo.

Was not expecting Old Man Rogers to make an appearance. I thought Evans was done with the role. I don't need to see more of the character as I think they gave him a nice sendoff in Endgame, but maybe it will work?

Very exciting! It’s the first marvel Disney plus series so I hope we get mandatorily type visuals

I just hope it's better than the Mandalorian.

It will be. I haven’t seen the mandalorian yet but scientists have proven that marvel is better than Star Wars

The picture of the football stadium for USAgent's introduction seems to feature a pink-haired woman. Songbird or Diamondback?
songbird.png

Last edited:
Bit of a boring look for him. It’s a bit early 2000s xmen costumes before they thought superhero looks could be cool.

oh well I can’t wait for a trailer!

Bit of a boring look for him. It’s a bit early 2000s xmen costumes before they thought superhero looks could be cool.

No need to assume that's his costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"