Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Erzengel, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

She hasn’t really been around long enough and doesn’t know the others that well. Also she will have a big focus outside of the Avengers team on other worlds. I love having powerful characters like Thor, Strange and CM on the Avengers team but I prefer the leader to be someone who spends more of their time on Avengers affairs.

Dark Raven likes this.
  2. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

I really like Captain Marvel, she's been relying on her own strength for decades, and she's mostly been in space. There's going to be an adjustment period for her to truly understand the Avengers' methodology and goals.

Deck Rickard and Iceman like this.
  3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Looks like they are doing that. I hope it’s a big success and can shows to audiences that Sam is worthy to lead the team .

KevTravels and Dark Raven like this.
  4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, she’ll be a big asset to the team along with hopefully Strange and Scarlet Witch. It’s a shame we might not get a Black Panther on the team due to tragic circumstances. I would also love along with the newer powerhouses that we also somehow retain Thor and Hulk.

5. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

What if they do in the movies what they did in the comics with Iron Man? The Avengers weren't even aware that Jim Rhodes had replaced Iron Man for some time (while Stark was recovering from alcoholism), and certainly during Secret Wars the rest of the heroes didn't know that either. Sometimes they wondered why he was acting so differently, almost as if it were a different person in the armour. But most of the time they assumed it was the same person who fought alongside them for years.

Hawkeye even believed this, and was surprised and initially angry when Iron Man removed his helmet in West Coast Avengers and revealed himself not to be Tony Stark at all.

Maybe they could have a Black Panther fighting alongside them but then later it's revealed not to even be T'Challa, but they never knew.

6. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Random thought/question to throw out there - clearly no right or wrong answer, just people throwing out their thoughts and personal headcanons. Going back to the first episode, Bucky's session with his therapist, she looks at his phone and mentions that he's been ignoring the texts (and note the plural there) from Sam. What has Sam been texting Bucky about? Has he been texting him that he's been wrestling with the decision of what to do with the shield? Is he texting him telling him he's decided to give the shield to the Smithsonian? Is he texting just to check up on Bucky and making sure he's doing okay with Steve gone, is he texting about something else entirely, or is it a combination of some/all of the above?

I lean towards mostly texting him about the shield with the occasional wanting to check up on Bucky/make sure he's doing okay

Bren likes this.
  7. Bren Forevernoob

I'd like to think it was regarding donating the shield...

8. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Seems like RDJ’s Stark voice would be famous in the MCU by this point as he’s much more of a celebrity than in the comics. Would be tough to pull off lol.

9. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

I feel like if Sam told Bucky he was donating the shield, Bucky would have replied with something (even just an angry face emoji :funny: ). I'm leaning towards him texting Bucky asking how he's doing. Generic things that would be easy for Bucky to ignore.

Which also begs the question, did Bucky always have a smart phone (like we saw in episode 4) and that flip one was a burner he gave to his doc because he didn't trust her to look at his real phone, or did sugar daddy Zemo give Bucky a smartphone on the way to Latvia?

10. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

True about the donating the shield, I still feel like he might've texted him though indicating that he was struggling with the idea of having it.

As for the phone question, I've seen this question pop up a few times now. Personally, I don't think the flip phone was a burner - because Sam clearly had that number and I would think Bucky would give his actual number to Sam, not the number for a phone he was intending to not really use/a phone he was using as a "façade". I lean towards the smart phone in episode 4 being either Sam's phone (granted, it would have to have been unlocked and just sitting on the counter unlocked), or one that he got recently - maybe in the offscreen space between episodes 2 and 3 before they went to Berlin to see Zemo.

Donner likes this.
  11. Fosterson Registered

Not sure what you by "He didn't play a significant role". I mean sure, he didn't take down Thanos. But he played his part, and you have to admit that this is pretty awesome:

12. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

:huh: But...Stark isn't Black Panther.

Dark Raven likes this.
  13. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

When did that happen? I don't remember that scene in the end battle at all.

14. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Something I was just thinking about. Did anyone else think it was weird that Walker had his fitting for his new US Agent suit in the same room where they held the hearing that stripped him of his rank? I’m guessing they did that because JLD was only on set for one or two days and so they filmed both of her scenes in one place but... that was a little strange.

Kev4000 likes this.
  15. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

The outside of the court is also a clothes fitting room. Should've had lots of coat hangers and tags, and other people should've been also coming out of there to ask their friends or family what they thought of their new clothes.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  16. Zarex Registered

17. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

18. KBX Registered

I get a chuckle when Sam is called Uncle Sam lol

Lencho01 and KevTravels like this.
  19. KevTravels Registered

That was hella risky but friggin Awesome!

20. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Assemble: The Making of Falcon and The Winter Soldier premieres tomorrow on Disney+

Lencho01 likes this.
  21. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Why do everyone keep mentioning Donya Madani as if she's this big and important character? She was nobody and completely forgettable apart from the fact they kept getting Karli to say her name at every opportunity, as if they liked the way it rolled off her tongue. Seems they only even included her character just because her real name is Veronica Falcon, and they thought it would fit in well with a show named Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

22. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Well now knowing that they even had a cut where the end title card was "Captain America and the White Wolf" makes me even more annoyed that they didn't stick with it. Dang it! *lol*

Zarex likes this.