Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Erzengel, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Zarex Registered

I would rather that have been a COVID thing, because otherwise it's just bad writing. The show needed to either a) Add a Karli origin episode where we see Donya raising her young terrorists in training (before they go off to Madripoor for some reason) or b) Dump most of the Flag Smasher stuff and have them just be anonymous masked henchmen for the good guys to punch.

Hannibal75 likes this.
  2. Hannibal75 Registered

I think Winter Soldier is a far more badass superhero name than White Wolf.

3. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I hope we get a Hot Toys US Agent.

But I don't want a Hot Toys Karli Morgenthau.

KevTravels, Iceman and Kev4000 like this.
  4. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Yeah, White Wolf just isn’t good. But I also don’t think he should be called the Winter Soldier anymore since that was his Hydra name. Not sure what his new code name should be.

Honestly, I love the character but he got the short end of the stick when it comes to names. He was named after the guy many view to be the worst president in US history (prior to Trump and Dubya, anyway). “Bucky” and “White Wolf” just don’t sound cool. “The Winter Soldier” does but like I said, that’s his villain name so it doesn’t fit anymore. Sgt. Barnes sounds okay I guess.

KevTravels likes this.
  5. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

See, I absolutely adore the name White Wolf, especially since it seems like it was first given to him by the children in Wakanda who befriended him as he was recovering (but then again, I absolutely love wolves so the chance of combining my favorite character with my favorite animal is like.... heaven to me :oldrazz: )

#1330 Silvermoon, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Iceman likes this.
  6. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Let's hope Cap doesn't one day get a sidekick nicknamed Trumpy. :o

7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

White Wolf would sound good alongside Black Panther.

8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I wonder if any Marvel TV show or film will ever fully tackle racism. I don't think anyone actually used that word in this show even thought it was implied.

What if they had a scenario like in that film "Crash" where a superhero is similar to Matt Dillon's racist policeman who still, in the line of duty, goes to save a black woman (Thandie Newton) from a burning car (whom he had even been racist towards her husband (Terrence Howard), I think)?

Of course, I think they'd have to invent a superhero or take a little known one rather than imposing those characteristics on a known one, otherwise that would be almost like character assassination.

9. SuperT I See It, I Want It

I really feel like this show should've just been "The Falcon" because Bucky, Zemo, the Flagsmashers, the Madripoor stuff with Sharon all detracted from what the core of the story should've been - Sam being a Black superhero who's asked to help protect a country that historically hasn't protected us.

They had so much meat there with Isaiah's story and connection to the super soldier program, Sam's responsibilities to his family back home and how Black people have been shut off from having the resources and wealth to continue family traditions and businesses and really digging into the impact John Walker being made Captain over Sam

I just felt a bit disappointed in where it all.

henzINNIT likes this.
  10. djsunyc Registered

i think when evaluating mcu products, the following needs to be factored in:

1. it's disney so there are limits to how deep they will be allowed to go

2. they will try their best not to alienate parts of their fanbase

3. since it's a connected universe, there will be story threads introduced that wont have full development or paypffs until future projects

one may not like that...and that's perfectly reasonable.

i chose to evaluate their products with those working parameters in mind as that will enhance my enjoyment.

Web-Head, Deck Rickard and KevTravels like this.
  11. KevTravels Registered

Sounds like it'd be a badass super hero name for a Norwegian or Finn.

12. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

I don't think those characters detracted from the story at all. These sorts of things never happen in a vacuum and Sam dealing with the shield and being Captain America wouldn't happen without these side characters. His interactions with Bucky and the Flagsmashers showed why he should be Captain America.

13. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

14. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

15. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

16. spideyfan77 Registered

Finally watched it. Overall I enjoyed it. Really liked the first 4 episodes mostly. Episode 4 was awesome. Episode 5 & 6 were okay. Some good parts.

Just felt really messy. Not tight and focused. Both wandavision and this had this same issue where I dont think marvel knows how to do TV.

Writing was all over the place. Half the stuff just contradicted itself. Sam became a pacifist overnight meanwhile was murdering folks all over in winter soldier and civil war. He never asked why they were doing what they were doing. Just stuff like that was weird

Doug Mills and Tyler77 like this.
  17. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

I think Marvel can do TV, they just have to be more careful with their writers and showrunners. It feels like they'll use the Disney+ shows to give all sorts of folks gigs and to test out different tones and levels of wokeness and whatever. Feige has a ton on his plate so I don't know if he has the time to rein in the showrunners like he does with the films and I think that's where the stark contrast lies.

18. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

19. Holy Slapper Registered

Malcolm Spellman was on Fatman Beyond. Really good interview. Gave some high praise for the Marvel production and creative system. Also said that if they ever plan to do a young Isiah Bradley story, he hopes they would call him first.

CaptainWagner likes this.
  20. Fallen I'm done running from my past.

#1 overall.

Original Series chart: The Falcon and the Winter Solder has been #1 for the past 3 weeks.

The show is a huge hit. I have a feeling that "Loki" is going to be even bigger.

The MCU is unstoppable. Damn!

KaijuDude1992 and KevTravels like this.
  21. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Their album is straight up fire

A5571F8F-3410-460C-8FB9-3DC0EECA2F7B.jpeg

22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

23. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

24. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

KevTravels likes this.