Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Erzengel, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Dr. Evil Registered

2. Kev4000 Registered

Alternate scene of the fight in E04 with Lemar death.

Doug Mills and Lencho01 like this.
  3. KevTravels Registered

It's interesting seeing Mackie's career pre-MCU to post-MCU debut. I kinda miss him doing indie films like She Hate Me. It was nice seeing him in Detroit Triple Nine a few years ago. He's not an A-lister but he gives good performances when he shows up in stuff.

Plus gotta give respect for a Louisiana born and bred guy doing it BIG!

Slick likes this.
  4. Pennywise Registered

5. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

6. samsnee Ok

I tried rewatching the series but outside of a few fun scenes, it doesn’t have the rewatch factor that WandaVision had. The Zemo scenes are great. And the chemistry of the leads still work. And Walker’s descent is even more tragic. But still want to stab my eyes out when Karlie Morgenthau is on screen and Sharon’s storyline makes even less sense now.

7. KevTravels Registered

When's the earliest we might find out if they do a season 2 or whether Mackie will actually star in a Captain 4

8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

WandaVision is definitely more rewatchable and you can just pick a random episode of that series not even in order and enjoy it purely as an episode of a sitcom for that value alone.

Mach2Infinity likes this.
  9. Pennywise Registered

10. fan4stic Registered

Jaiden Kaine as Young Isaiah Bradley
    [​IMG]

11. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

12. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

What's weird about this is that I find these 2 scenes "less violent" than the scene with Walker killing that Flagsmasher in the next episode.

13. Dr. Evil Registered

Someone on Reddit explained this:

14. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Except this change affects all users, regardless of how you have you have your settings set to TV-MA or not.

Erik20 likes this.
  15. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

While I do agree that when watching the show before these changes or after these changes there is not some huge difference in viewing experience, I do think it sets a very bad precedent. This shows that Disney is willing to censor these shows after the fact and they can do so whenever they like. Sure, the John Walker scene is left intact so far, but if these changes are considered acceptable that leaves the door open to them changing that too whenever they want. And the same goes for any show or movie they have on the platform. I think with the D+ exclusive shows it's particularly egregious because they do not get a physical release, nor are they made available anywhere else meaning that the original version is now no longer available anywhere. Everything could get the George Lucas special editions treatment at any time without warning and fully replace the only version available.

And if they want to give some of their stuff the "Once Upon A Deadpool" treatment that's fine with me, as long as they let you pick what version to watch. As it stands, the censored version is now the only one available regardless of parental controls and other account settings as well as whether or not Star is available in the region. Disney+ is also not very good with allowing different versions in the first place. I've been incredibly annoyed at how their animated movies like Tangled, Moana, Onward, Raya, Encanto etc. have text in the movie (on books, posters, billboards and character handwriting) translated to the local language for the area you're watching from regardless of what language you choose to watch the movie in.

It's also bound to create continuity errors (for example the blood on Wilfred Nagel is still visible in the next scene)

#1366 SirStrangefolk, Mar 30, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    Erik20 and Venom 1988 like this.
  16. Dr. Evil Registered

17. JKKS085 Registered

FYI The original version has been restored.

Iceman and Kev4000 like this.