The Winter Soldier The Falcon

No, it definitely looks like guns; which would be in keeping with his Ultimate costume, that this is based on. The wings are strapped to his arms with those belts you see.

I don't think the guns are mounted to the wings, as some have suggested; it'd be pretty awkward to reload or clear jams if they're in a fixed position.
Unless Redwing was very helpful :woot:

No, it definitely looks like guns; which would be in keeping with his Ultimate costume, that this is based on. The wings are strapped to his arms with those belts you see.

I don't think the guns are mounted to the wings, as some have suggested; it'd be pretty awkward to reload or clear jams if they're in a fixed position.

Yeah, they're definitely guns.

Though one wonders what effect does reloading have on flight. He'd have to move his arms, and thus the wings. Hell, how does he even aim?

No, I mean the handles he controls to flap the wings, not how they're connected on to him. If you look really closely those handles go up in two directions on the wings and don't really look like guns. The fact he has his arms brought down in the exact same motion of the wings in the second pic supports this. Like I said, gun could be built in though.

Good catch. Interesting.

I hope the wings make awesome weapons like Hawkeye's bow did.

I think the wings should have some red in them. It would be almost a discredit to the character to take away all of his signature colors. Hawkeye got a purple suit. the least they can give Falcon is red wings.

I'm sure red will be on the wings no problem.

Marvel has yet to make their characters unrecognizable from their comic counterparts.

Well, if they are going by the Ultimate version, there is no red on the suit at all, just drab military colors...

Well, if they are going by the Ultimate version, there is no red on the suit at all, just drab military colors...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them making Cap's suit all blue and Falcon's suit all black. Black and blue? Really? Let's don't go down the Bryan Singer path and just throw all superheroes into one-size-fits-all black uniforms. Part of what's made the MCU work so far is the four-color approach. We don't need dark 'n' drab.

They always can add a little color just like they did with Hawkeye, which I think looked fantastic.

I suppose his bird, Red Wing is also going to be military black?

Lol, it'd be interesting to see how they might try to justify a bright red falcon.
What species was that again?

Also, they have preserved the white on his costume,
so that's analogous to the sprig of purple on Hawkeye's costume.

bIIZ8HB_zpsebbc3bc0.png

Last edited:
A quick Anthony Mackie interview with Black Film on his Falcon role:
Will you have more to do than Derek Luke did in the first Captain America?
I’m happy to say that I’m in a good deal of the movie and I play an integral part with Captain America taking down the Winter Soldier. It’s great. They started the shoot 2 1/2 weeks ago and once I finished doing press for ‘Pain & Gain,’ I go in and join them. I’ve been doing combat training and fitness training just to get prepared. It’s going to be something and I’m excited for it.

How much awareness did you have on The Falcon prior to taking on the role?
I had never heard of the Falcon. I knew nothing about him. Once they sent me the comic book and told me everything they wanted me to do, I read up some and looked up his story. I’m really excited. He’s a cool character and we need that. We that (black) superhero that looks like them.

How is the costume going to look like?

They just released pictures of the costume last week. It’s more of a military style tactical costume. He’s more along the lines of Captain America as far as being a superhero as opposed to a true superhero.

Something tells me those pics were the first time he saw the costume. Heh.

Look forward to the awesomeness.

I don't like the concept art. I wish there's more color into it and it looks similar to Hawkeye's costume in the Avenger. I wish they embraced his look in the comics, same with Hawkeye.

Hopefully he'll have a more colourful costume for the Avengers 2. I don't want what just looks like a bunch of SHIELD agents on the team. Having Falcon just in some military uniform is the stuff of CW TV series where there's not enough of a budget to make a proper costume.

Hopefully he'll have a more colourful costume for the Avengers 2. I don't want what just looks like a bunch of SHIELD agents on the team. Having Falcon just in some military uniform is the stuff of CW TV series where there's not enough of a budget to make a proper costume.
The thing about costumes in the MCU is that every character has a legit reason for wearing the costumes they wear. Falcon's military/SHIELD garb will most likely fit his role in the film. If he joins the Avengers I could see him upgrading to something more colorful though.

He could just as easily be another War Machine. Personally I would hope they have more high profile names like Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther for Avengers 2 than Falcon.

I think it would be great if the wings can be folded into a backpack, so he can fly at a moment's notice.

This pictures make me excited for MS obligatory The Art Of... books. Phase I books were awesome, Phase II looks even better in that regard, especially T:TDW
All they have to do now is add a little red on Falcons suit

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"