The Winter Soldier The Falcon

Yeah that is pretty bad photoshop, reddit's been having a field day with it, I assume that's where that comparison shot came from
The Rob Liefield jokes have been plentiful

and the really weird thing, to me, is, from an art perspective, the more natural looking "corrected" image seems way more dynamic and interesting than the oddly flat giant torso-ed version

Hey, maybe Rob Liefeld IS the new poster designer for Marvel. The guy needs work

Anthony Mackie will be on Late Night with Seth Meyers tonight so he'll possibly drop some more info on CA: TWS.

Nice

That brings up another question I've had for 3 damn years:

WHEN is Evans gunna go on Colbert Report and have a stare down over the shield?!?!
It would be the best late night interview for a Marvel movie ever!

Marvel PR is failing!! (in that regard)

they do, his legs look smaller and Torso look bigger. Where are all the Scarjo complainers?

They're sadly too busy scrutinizing the GOTG poster to see that Gamora is not being "objectified".

Mackie was telling a funny story about a stunt he had to do on TWS. They had him up on a 300 foot crane where he was supposed to do a backflip on his pintle harness and then fall before the rigging crew stopped him just above the ground. He had a hard time doing the backflip, but when he did get it around, they did the drop and had a camera trained on his face, capturing him just screaming and not looking too Falcon-like.

pafIVst.jpg
I see what you mean now.

Man I don't know whats up with these promo photoshoppers; they keep doing minimal photoshop changes that don't need to be done.

Maybe after people started complaining about Black Widow being over sexualized they decided "Hey, lets just needlessly photoshop everyone so they can't say we singled her out!

I was so surprised with BW's poster too. Scarlett who's one of the sexiest actresses today, needed minimal to no photoshop, and then they pinch her waist and up her boobs like crazy when it really wasn't necessary.

Super hero movie posters are really starting to disappoint me lately.

First, why did they basically copy paste the poses from the IM3 poster and use that for T:TDW? I bet if there were another Hulk movie (for Phase 2 I should clarify, marketing may change drastically by future phases), they'd have Betty in the exact same position, except she'd be leaning on Hulk's freaking belly. Unbelievable.

Then Empire stretches out Mystique needlessly (Lawrence has great curvature, why would you flatten that out? D: ) and basically turns her into blue silly putty.

Same thing with Black Widow in the WS poster. I'm sorry, but as a student of Photoshop and general practitioner and appreciator of proper anatomy in drawing, as well as just having looked at actual people and how anatomy works, I can say with reasonable confidence that the Black Widow they put out is just preposterous. Neither the perspective or pose justify that level of stretching and thinning. Her arms make me think Slenderman. Her head and neck are at an odd angle too, but you know what? I could forgive that (it's hard to get that correct when sketching, though Photoshop works wonders for that too) if every other grievance were corrected. Hell I wouldn't even mind them bumping up her cup size for the case of sex appeal. But at least refrain from turning Scarjo into some horrible abomination.

And Falcon? That's just completely embarrassing. While I kind of hope the GA notices and Marvel gets flak for it and hopefully forced step up their game in the future, I also hope the GA doesn't notice, cause that's so laughably bad that I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of people decided to wait for DVD just because of this. Am I saying that's rational behavior? No, but whoever's making these terrible decisions obviously isn't rationally minded either.

Last edited:
Here's more...

http://collider.com/anthony-mackie-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-interview/

Does your character have much interaction with Black Widow?

Mackie: Well, I’ve put in this interesting sub-plot that Black Widow and I are in love with each other [laughter] and it’s working really well, so when you see the movie I hope you catch it because there are different scenes where I give it to her, a little chocolate love, like, “Pow!” and I think I’ve seen her return it, but I’m not sure. So I’ve been working on that sub-plot and I think it’s working out really well. [laughter]
What’s your character’s interaction with Nick Fury?

Mackie: It’s funny because, you know, I was like, “Oh no! Sam Jackson’s in it. Sam Jackson has a goatee. Sam Jackson is gonna look like my dad.” [laughs] So, the entire shoot of the movie, every time we’d do a scene with Sam, after the scene, I’d go, “Dad?” Because, c’mon!

Is that another one of your sub-plots?

Mackie: Yeah, yeah. That’s what I’m playing. And you’ll see this in the movie. [laughs] Every scene I have with Nick Fury, I’m playing it like he’s my dad. It works. I’ve watched it on the monitors and it works. But our relationship is more of a business relationship. Since I’ve been in the military, I know what S.H.I.E.L.D. is, I’ve been in his tactical program, he knows who I am, I’ve worked with him and for him before, so we form this workmen’s camaraderie, as opposed to a friendship camaraderie.

repost:

I spent months fretting about how they were gonna pull off the wings. Wasted energy. They nailed it.

Just got some clarity, does anyone know if that was just anthony"s idea or if that was what the story and directors were going for?

It sounds like it was his idea. I know I'm going to be on the look out for it. It just sounds too funny.

LMAO!! So basically, there's THE movie that we'll get to see… and there's the movie that Mackie was shooting in his own head.

I love him. Have I mentioned that? Love. Him.

I gonna say, I like I like the Mackie version of Falcon more than the comic version. The comic Falcon always struck me as a bit...underwhelming and campy, with his mechanical wings and ability to talk to a bird. Mackie's wings look badass, and he's bringing an attitude that really makes the character awesome and interesting. I hope eventually 616 will adopt this Falcon to the comic panels.

Suzanne you're proof that unabashed fangirlism (or boy) and intelligent commentary are not mutually exclusive. Keep on keepin on.

I don't get the feeling that Falcon will be getting a whole lot of characterization. He may be on Rhodey's level at best.

So hearing that the actor is putting in personal creativity and really getting into it is good news in my book. So even if he's not written incredibly well (he is like, the second sidekick), his deliver may be authentic and heart felt enough to perhaps make Sam steal the show.

... hmm, isn't that basically what RDJ did with Stark in the first Iron Man? With no real script to speak of, it was mostly just improv but with an actor that put so much of himself into the character that it literally redefined the character and made a B lister able to compete with Spider-Man in popularity?

No really, that is the story as I remember it. But I'll gladly accept a correction/history recap if I'm off the mark.

Suzanne you're proof that unabashed fangirlism (or boy) and intelligent commentary are not mutually exclusive. Keep on keepin on.

Heh. Thanks. Honestly, since I'm trying really hard not to click on too many spoilers, and maybe no more of the TV spots going forward, my level of commentary here will be way, way more fangirly than intelligent until I can actually see the movie. So.

But thank you :woot: Glad I don't annoy at least a couple of people on these boards LOL! Good to know.

I don't get the feeling that Falcon will be getting a whole lot of characterization. He may be on Rhodey's level at best.

So hearing that the actor is putting in personal creativity and really getting into it is good news in my book. So even if he's not written incredibly well (he is like, the second sidekick), his deliver may be authentic and heart felt enough to perhaps make Sam steal the show.

... hmm, isn't that basically what RDJ did with Stark in the first Iron Man? With no real script to speak of, it was mostly just improv but with an actor that put so much of himself into the character that it literally redefined the character and made a B lister able to compete with Spider-Man in popularity?

No really, that is the story as I remember it. But I'll gladly accept a correction/history recap if I'm off the mark.

Mackie, in particular, is a real good get for Marvel. He's undeniably talented, but someone who's pretty consistently underrated. He seems to have great chemistry with his co-workers. And he's got charisma to spare. He'll take up any slack on the red carpet as needed (I'm looking at Sebastian Stan, because as talented and hot! as I find him, he is still pretty awkward at giving interviews… not a bad thing, but still).

Mackie is candid and hilarious. He'll give good fodder for reporters to work with. I really hope they keep him with Chris and/or ScarJo, or put him with Sebastian and Grillo. He will liven up those interviews a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"