The Falcon

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Chewy, Jul 16, 2012.

1. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

What are you talking about?

2. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Registered

it means exactly what it says, plenty of examples in this thread.

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Here's a joke example:

Wilson and Rumlow fight happened almost entirely offscreen. BECAUSE MARVEL IS RACIST!

JK.

Hey I love Falcon and all, but it ain't his movie. Nothing racist about it. He was a strong character.

4. hoy-small-fry

hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

"Don't say it!
    [Blackout]"On your left..."[/blackout]

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

The military ought to start having red combat pants. If Mackie wore such things and a white T-shirt, he would've been in the same colour scheme as his comic version.

6. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

He did. It's especially clear in the first scene. Widow doesn't rebuff him. It's subtle though. They don't really talk after that though. I wasn't watching Mackie for any physical cues after that though. It just seemed like he saw Widow and was like "ooo, hot chick" and she was like "yeah, I'm hot *wink*" and drove off.

Mackie did really REALLY good, too bad he's not in Avengers 2. :(

7. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

I originally didn't want falcon in A2. But this film and Mackie totally sold me on the character. I'd love to have him on the team

8. galmorzu

galmorzu Demolord of Evil

I've been a fan of Mackie's for a while now, loving just about everything I've seen him in, but wow, the dude nailed it out of the park.

In a movie already so full of incredible characters/scenes, this guy just rocketed (heh) to the top of my list of favorite MCU characters, alongside Cap and Loki. Every single scene he had, Mackie was able to be charismatic, ultra likable, and really heroic.

I honestly can't wait to see more of him.

9. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Too bad we can't petition to get Mackie on the AOU.

10. BLACKVULCAN

BLACKVULCAN Token Black Superfriend

Mannnn! Falcon was awesome in this ( but then again I have always been a Falcon guy!) the only thing i didnt dig was how comethey didnt have REDWING!! COME ON MAN!! Freaking Eedwing is cool! they could have had him i dont know as his mascot or something! it
    s redwing we are talking about!
    but other than that i LIKED IT ALOT!

11. OnTheAir

OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

I've never been a big fan of the Falcon character...I don't DISlike him, he's just not one of my favorites. But, Mackie nailed the role, and is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. He left me wanting to see more of the Falcon...can't wait for 2016!

12. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think they could've incorporated Red Wing in this movie. It could've been some kind of AI drone or something Falcon controlled remotely. He could've sent it off to either shoot at other SHIELD targets or to distract those missiles when they were on his tail. Perhaps Stark could give him an upgrade and Red Wing would function similarly to how Tony controlled all those other armours in IM3 "telepathically".

On another note, did Falcon ever wear the bulky fatigues we saw in the early set photos? I don't recall seeing him dressed like that in the final cut of the movie. He just had the T-shirt and combat fatigues under the backpack. I don't recall seeing him wrapped up on top like in those photos unless I missed that somehow. Did they change it in the end?

13. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I loved Falcon throughout the whole movie. Part of me wished that Hawkeye was in the film, but if that meant he would have taken Falcon's screen time, then no way, Jose.

14. Loki882

Loki882 Registered

He was fantastic in this movie. He was a badass, funny, and surprisingly insightful. Oh and the flight harness looked amazing in the action scenes. The running "left" jokes was especially funny. Seriously Whedon, put him in AOU. I don't care how you do it, just do it.

15. samsnee

samsnee Ok

I was a little disappointed in his flight scenes. Based on reviews, they sounded cool but it wasn't that different from what we see in Iron Man.

16. Loki882

Loki882 Registered

I found them to be more versatile and graceful than when IM flies, but that's a personal opinion.

17. BLACKVULCAN

i totally agree with this if stark had control over all those amours they could have freaking gave him a robot hawk or something! how coolwould it had been when the wings popped open the drone / hawk came out too! not having Redwing was some bull ^&*but that complaint is minor considering how they handled him! i thought he was great and i totally dug him[BLACKOUT] being a counselor for people at the veterans administration hospital after what he had been through[/BLACKOUT] THAT WAS COOL! ​

#717 BLACKVULCAN, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  18. BETArayBill

BETArayBill Registered

I was never a big falcon fan in the comics (mostly because that costume is awful) but my God he was amazing in this movie it's a crime that he's not in age of ultron

19. eikerir

eikerir Registered

I loved how he seemed so happy to be Captain America's sidekick.

20. LostSon88

LostSon88 Registered

Wouldn't you?!?!?

21. Charlatan

Charlatan Registered

I hope Stark makes him another,even better flightsuit. That one got trashed.

22. BLACKVULCAN

i think the Black Panther should be like"%^& that piece of %^&!"" what ever Stark can do i can do better!" and build him the next one!:cwink:

23. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Same here, always liked Mackie in movies, but here he was superb, shame we wont see him until Cap 3, but I am sure they have some awesome in store for him.

24. Warhammer

Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Mackie is fantastic in this. I've been a fan of his for years. It's great to see him have a prominent role in a big budget film. Falcon was not only a well written character, but also a well acted character.

25. ThreadPool

ThreadPool Thank you, SHH

Falcon was SO freaking good! A lot of times a movie introduce a new character and tell you he/she is cool. Then they come off as annoying. Acting, screenwriting, direction all came together to make him amazing. It really was something else to see that happen.