The Falcon

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Chewy, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Loved Mackie as the Falcon. I understand that the movie couldn't be 3 hours long but I couldve used a bit more background on his wings and maybe one more action scene.

2. ajc5349 Registered

Freakin loved the Falcon. Like Joeyjojo, I wish there would've been a little more background into the Falcon, but oh well. I hope he's in AOU and obviously in CA3.

3. Chance Jackson Registered

*In Sam Wilson voice: Man would you shut up?

4. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah, I don't agree with peterparkers comments that people who shout racism are the most racist people.

I loved sam in this. What's more, I felt like he could be a friend to me too but that was probably because I was identifying so much with Steve.

Anthony did so well to take a character I didn't like that much and turn him into a star. I hope he turns up in avengers 2!

5. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

Falcon was a good sidekick. Mackie is so damn likable on screen.

6. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

I was fine with what we got as far as background. This was his intro, hopefully they'll get deeper with him as time goes on (like Black Widow). As for action scenes, I just wish they showed more of the fight with Rumlow. I mean they cut away pretty much as soon as they started brawling.

7. LostSon88 Registered

Everyone cracked up at Wilson's line on Pre-Crossbones because honestly it's pretty much the first thing we'd all say with someone monologing at us. Nothing fancy just straight up:

"Man, shut the hell up."

8. ThreadPool Thank you, SHH

I agree that I would've liked to see more of the fight with Rumlow. Though I loved how they cut from it after he says, "Shut the hell up." and they both go in for the punch. Such a cool cut.

9. marcvader Lurker #1

Really enjoyed Mackie's take of Falcon. His reverence of Cap and friendship with him seemed very natural. I really like their dynamic and hope it's intact going forward. It really reminded me of the early Captain America and Falcon comics.

10. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I really like how the first time we see him in his wingsuit is him catching Sitwell after BW kicked him off the building. It was such a bad-a** reveal/introduction.

11. Lobo Liv is Life

Finally saw this LOVED Falcon! mackie just killed it in the role IMO

12. marcvader Lurker #1

Lol. They got me there. I was like dayum they're really going brutal here and lo and behold Falcon appears.

13. ThreadPool Thank you, SHH

^
    Yes. I was like, "Whoa. Did she really just-Oh SNAP!"

14. 113 Registered

So many great secondary characters in TWS. Falcon was definitely a highlight, but like Winter Soldier himself I felt we didn't get enough! I wish we could see Falcon in Age of Ultron too.

15. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Considering him and Cap were off to look for Bucky, I think even a cameo of them looking and then Cap getting a call to join up with the Avengers would work. Maybe even add Sam getting a new wingsuit from Stark so he could continue to the search.

16. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Agreed! with a little bit of hot rod red on there. Also some Stark tech hooked up to the "Redwing" satellite. Allowing him to get satellite imagery fed straight into his goggles.

:word:

17. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

My nephew definitely wanted more Winter Soldier.

18. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I could go along with that, although some of the specifics of the upgrades I think would be better placed in a CA sequel.

19. The Guard Registered

I thought Mackie had a lot of fun with the role and elevated a pretty average, "filler" character in the script. I really liked the nod to his work with soldiers and survivors, but was hoping they would do a bit more with that angle in relation to Cap.

Shoving the "wings" into the film the way they did...that was a bit much. "Oh, by the way, I used to fly around on a jetpack and wings, no big deal. Never said I was in the Air Force". Kind of hard to swallow and awkwardly inserted, but...whatever, the wingpack was cool.

They probably could have given some mention of Stark and his role in Falcon's tech...tied Falcon to S.H.I.E.L.D, something, and since they didn't, that aspect, arguably one of his most important ones, felt a little out of place and lazily executed. Luckily their budding friendship saved the character's role in this film.

20. Destructus86 Registered

Loved the Falcon. Makes me wish they replaced Hawkeye with Falcon. I mean come on...the dude just shoots arrows.

21. CapsKookyQartet Registered

What, no can't replace Hawkeye, Falcon was cool tho

22. Just_Human Registered

TBH, as soon as BW kicked him, I knew Flacon was going to catch him

No way they were killing Sitwell like that

23. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

That's not what he said. He WAS in the military. He was part of a squad with jetpacks and wings, not just a guy who happened to have that stuff lol.

24. Ant-manic Registered

i wish i were friends with the Falcon. he seemed like a really nice guy.

25. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I really liked Falcon in this. I won't be thinking of Papa Doc whenever I see Mackie anymore.

And I was on the look out for what Mackie said about how he played Falcon with Widow and Fury, that jokester.