The Falcon

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Chewy, Jul 16, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight08

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone in the production commented on why they changed Falcon's costume? Like, when we first started seeing set pics and concept art, he looked like this:

[​IMG]

But, in the final film, we got something a little more form-fitting and, well, easier on the eyes.

BTW, seeing Falcon fly was incredibly badass. All the suit needed was a bit of red, but Mackie made him so damn likable, I'd much rather have Falcon in AOU than War Machine.

2. Xeno

Xeno That's America's ass!

When I saw that I thought, "Aw, ****! That's all she wrote for Sitwell!" because I forgot about Sam being with Steve & Natasha. When the Falcon swooped up with the sniveling Jasper in his clutches I burst out laughing.

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This is what I've been asking but no-one gave an answer before. I was wondering if we did see any scene like this where he wore this bulky outfit. I'm glad he didn't though but was just in the T-shirt in the end. He could've been in a white T-shirt though with some red combat pants just to be more faithful to the comic costume.

I hope he gets the classic colour scheme for his next appearance.

Also, I preferred Falcon to War Machine too. Mackie could even have played WM - he's actually more similar to the comic book Rhodey than Don Cheadle, and more what I picture Rhodey to be like.

4. TheDarkKnight08

Yeah, there were some reshoots I believe, so maybe it happened then. They probably looked at that one and said it was way too bulky.

5. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Registered

Falcon was awesome,I hope he wears a red type of suit the next time we see him.Maybe he is wearing red pajama bottoms when he quickly puts on his wings to either escape from danger,or to help captain america.

6. Leafy

Leafy Registered

I loved Falcon in this movie, and really wish we didn't have to wait two more years to see him again.
    When I saw the movie again last night, the audience loved him too- they kept cheering at every awesome thing he said and did (and there are many.)

7. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

It seems a bit mad to leave him out of A:AOU considering he has been very popular. A lot of the general audience think of the Avengers movies as simply a coming together of all the popular heroes in one movie. They should play on that and have Falcon. He would fit into the plot too since he was Cap's partner. Plus they need their black superhero, and one who is more interesting than War Machine.

8. MysticRain

MysticRain Registered

I hope we see him in A:AOU as well, even for a brief scene or two. Mackie is a great addition to the MCU.

9. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I won't mind if they put Falcon in a mid-credit scene. I think Whedon will make a mistake if he leaves Falcon out of AOU entirely.

10. TalismanRing

TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

11. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Registered

Exactly, I know I laughed

Yup, that was executed perfectly

12. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Registered

i finally figured out why i instantly liked Mackie's Falcon. he's from the same area of Lousiana as my parents (and extended family). his brother might have worked with my uncle, as well; pre-Katrina.

13. Angryfantasyfan

Angryfantasyfan Registered

Since they've already announced Cap 3, I'd rather Falcon only have a mention in Age of Ultron. Falcon and Agent 13 being exclusive to Cap's solo movies makes the sequel more appealing.

14. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I've been thinking about Falcon and what Marvel's plan for him after TWS. I think Anthony Mackie is a charismatic and an incredible actor, and his chemistry with Chris Evans was fantastic. But I do think that his power (jet pack with metallic wings) made him seemed like a poor man's Iron Man, and without the repulsor weaponry and other arsenals to make him stand out. I hope the Russo Bros. already have something special planned for him in Cap 3, but here're my ideas how to make Falcon more complementary to Cap and even viable down the line as a solo hero instead of a sidekick.

I think the solution is Red Hawk.

[​IMG]

Okay, it's not actually Red Hawk, but R.E.D.H.A.W.K. As a Stark Industries creation, it is a robotic bird which can project a holographic imagery of a hawk to mask its true identity. And as Falcon's companion, it can do numerous things, such as:

-Links with Falcon's goggles to show him what it sees.
    -Connects with Stark's spy satellite to help locate hideouts, acts as GPS, etc.
    -Can fly like a mini rocket to keep up with Falcon.
    -Has talons and beak to be used as deadly weapons against enemies.
    -Communicates with Falcon via AI like JARVIS for Iron Man.

I think this idea can not only make MCU Falcon seems a bit more faithful to the source material, but like JARVIS it will be much more practical for the cinematic universe that Falcon lives in. What do you think?

15. CoherentChaos

CoherentChaos Registered

Your ideas for Red Hawk would be a welcome addition. I also wouldn't mind his arsenal being boosted somehow. Either give him better guns or maybe adapt the hard light wings somehow and allow him to fling them like daggers. Could have some tech talk between him and Stark to get the upgrades off the ground (haha punny), so the technology is justified, and we see that Sam at least has some input in the design, if not 100% creditable for the blueprints (leaving Stark to be the one that manufactures and powers it).

16. p4poetic

p4poetic Registered

I feel like Falcon didn't have as much screen time as I was expecting (or hoped?) Perhaps it was the strong media push that fooled me.

For some reason I would have never guessed he was from the south.

17. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I was immensely pleased with the Falcon in TWS and look forward to seeing more of him in the future

18. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think Mackie is the new Will Smith.

[YT]s9IpyoDcfyY[/YT]