The Fall of Paula Deen

I just saw she was dropped by Food Network. However I think she'll be back in a year or two. If someone like Michael Vick or Charlie Sheen can be redeemed in the public's eye, so can Paula Deen. Then again, Mel Gibson.

Mel Gibson's racism wasn't even close to Deen. Shes unbelievably awful

I never liked her or her show, so no loss.

I never knew who she was until this scandal so I don't care for it, did she say the "N" word more than once?

I'm more offended that she actually had a small idea that for her brothers wedding in 2007, the caterers should emulate black slaves.

The n-word comment is old sure, but the slave reenactment is what bothers me and makes me say good riddance.

That plus the butter is too much.

I just read about the staff-as-slaves dress-up at her brother's wedding. That's pretty damning evidence against her. She may fall permanantly on that alone.

The language was something you could discount if it had happened 40-50 years ago as a relic of that era but something as recent as 2007 with slavery dress up? She's (buttered) toast now.

I was wondering who this old broad was and what she did. She seems like a nasty piece of business.

On her shows she was all smiles and nice. Off camera she seems anything but.

A plantation theme wedding... I mean who the **** on Earth thinks, "oh this will be just fine."

Speaking of other Food Network Chef's/Personalities...I think Martha Stewart is the only one to be dropped (around the time of her prison stint) and she's remade her brand/image...A few years back Robert Irvine lied about his credentials--and disappeared for a while and he's been on Food Network for a couple years, Ina Garten denied a make-a-wish kid request and survived---

---I'm not Paula's biggest fan but I see her continuing on, just not on food network. Its her brother I'm more sick of, I think there have been a few stories on and off about him the last few years.

Frankly I think this whole hoopla is kind of ridiculous.

I care more about her recommending copious amounts of butter for every meal.

Well I first learned of her when people got pissed that she had withheld the fact that she had diabetes, even though she promotes food and recipes that... probably have helped quite a few people get diabetes.

These racist charges aren't new, but some of the stories are.

It's nice to see karma still works every now and then.

Well I first learned of her when people got pissed that she had withheld the fact that she had diabetes, even though she promotes food and recipes that... probably have helped quite a few people get diabetes.

These racist charges aren't new, but some of the stories are.

It's nice to see karma still works every now and then.

another thing about the diabetes is she not only withheld, but eventually promoted diabetes brands/products while still promoting her foods/recipes.

I'm more offended that she actually had a small idea that for her brothers wedding in 2007, the caterers should emulate black slaves.

The n-word comment is old sure, but the slave reenactment is what bothers me and makes me say good riddance.

That plus the butter is too much.

Yeah. I feel like everyone is focusing on her admitting to using the N-word, which is bad enough, but her little slavery throwback idea is really disgusting.

her Facebook page is increasing in likes??...
... The majority of the fan posts on her page express how much they are upset with her and how they will be disliking her page.... but every time i refresh it... it goes higher and higher.. ?

You sure that isn't people joining to troll? When did this happen, or how was it exposed?

I suspect a lot of those likes are just people who have some kind of issue with political correctness and are just doing it out of spite.

Hey, non-Americans!!!!

Do you guys have things like this in your news where celebrities "inadvertently" insult a demographic? Is this much of an issue in Europe, South America etc. (pretty sure it is in the Middle East)

Hey, non-Americans!!!!

Do you guys have things like this in your news where celebrities "inadvertently" insult a demographic? Is this much of an issue in Europe, South America etc. (pretty sure it is in the Middle East)
I'm American too but I read international news and it most definitely does happen frequently. Most notably, anyone in the football (soccer) sport where racism is so rampant (or so the international media says) they've gotten to near crisis levels of how to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"