The Fall of Paula Deen

Yeah, as much as people attempt to claim otherwise we do not have the market cornered on racism in the 'Merica. And yeah those soccer matches can get downright brutal to watch. It's like people turn into maniacs.

Ha! being of the African American persuasion.More than her stupid ass comments. I am more mad at that chick has diabetes and is the spokesperson for a pharmaceutical companies diabetes drug yet has a cooking show telling people to put butter and sugar and all kindas stuff in their food! Hahahaha:cwink: Thats Just wrong!

She thought getting hit in the face with that ham would be the worse thing to happen to her.

I guess it's a good thing Lars von Trier doesn't work for the Food Network...

An old southern woman, racist? HOLY CRAP!

Well, the slave plantation themed wedding in the 21st century was a bit much.

I really don't know much about here besides what I've read here and the memes about her "Paula Deen the Butter Queen" but really, if she's not actively supporting people to go after everybody else, let the old bat have her prejudices. It's not like anyone cares what she thinks anyway besides the tabloids.

her husband looks like Santa Claus
20090617-deenhusband.jpg

I really don't know much about here besides what I've read here and the memes about her "Paula Deen the Butter Queen" but really, if she's not actively supporting people to go after everybody else, let the old bat have her prejudices. It's not like anyone cares what she thinks anyway besides the tabloids.

Most of the people "offended" don't really care either. Any excuse for attention. :whatever:

I think the Food Network was a little trigger happy here. The things she said were idiotic and reprehensible, but come on... Charlie Sheen has ****ing shot someone and there are networks that will still throw wads of cash at the idiot. Matthew Broderick has killed people and he's still working. :o

Unless you find a white hood in her closet, I'm going to call her firing/possible blackballing an overreaction.

I think the Food Network was a little trigger happy here. The things she said were idiotic and reprehensible, but come on... Charlie Sheen has ****ing shot someone and there are networks that will still throw wads of cash at the idiot. Matthew Broderick has killed people and he's still working. :o

Well, yeah. But the Food Network doesn't have much money to throw around I'm guessing, and apparently she isn't near as much of a draw/commodity/personality as Sheen or Broderick, and can be much more easily replaced(and replaced with someone for much less money).

They were probably already trying to get rid of her with her diabetes inducing recipes and this was just another bad situation to have to deal with regarding her.

After all the cases of celebs causing controversy with ethnic insensitivity, you would think they would learn. Even passing around the idea of a plantation wedding is just ridiculous.

That being said, the hoopla will die down and Deen will be back. Except in the most extreme cases, talent eventually trumps personal shortcomings.

Good ole' buttery racism ya'll.

In protest of Deen I'm going to stop having sex with all the old fat white racist broads on my roster.

At least he wasn't drunk, or I'm certain the consequences would've been much worse, but from the sound of it, he was driving with a level of recklessness that the fact that he was only fined $175 just seem goddamn ridiculous.

Whoa, I had no idea Matthew Broderick killed people before. The tragic thing is, if he weren't a celebrity, his ass would be grass for at least 5 years or some kind of driving regulation.

Laura Bush (wife of Dubya) killed a pedestrian when she was in college.

Didn't know that about Broderick. That's kinda messed up. Oh well. The only one of his films I enjoy, Ferris Bueller, was made before that incident. So I can watch it without thinking about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"