The Flash The Flash 1x12 Promo "Crazy for You

That was amazing. Caitlin and Barry were great, loved the scenes with his father, and loved Grodd! The entire time I figured Firestorm would be the stinger but the moment I saw the sewers I know it was Grodd.

Loved
- Caitlin and Barry's date, everything about the dynamics of it was beautiful
- Linda Park as the romantic foil... for everyone!
- Cisco having a surprisingly great fight scene. He fights better than Laurel. :p
- Cisco getting that development about making a family of his own, and trying to find Ronnie for his own self. That was sweet. Caitlin's forgiveness was a great touch.
- The moments with his dad were... stirring. They weren't as epic as they were going for, but they were definitely nice.
- Barry trying to help Iris backfiring so tremendously. Compounded with the love quadrilateral (or dare I say pentagon?) things are starting to get messy in a nice way.
- Barry's way of interrogating the prisoner was brilliant, not just for the character development, but as far as things accomplished by technicality.
- Firestorm set up was cool.
- We know Eddie has a normal mom (in town no less), further ruling him out of the big twist they're setting up with him.

Didn't Like
- Shawna Baez being a bit more evil here and a bit less tragic than in comics.
- This new year the power usage has been a bit more inconsistent. This isn't as bad as Barry not punching Heatwave and Captain Cold, but he hesitated so much in the canyon fight. And if he's quick enough to catch bullets, him getting hit by a girl with a baton doesn't look right. Sure, maybe you can explain it as adrenaline, but the show doesn't.
- Also, clothes don't catch on fire anymore now that Barry's... faster?
- Grodd seems... out of place. It's a huge shoutout to the fans, but... there's Reverse Flash going on and Rogues and lots of dangling plottage. This new seemingly unrelated dangler doesn't salivate as much as it could if it were the actual focus of the season.

Overall
- A juicy chewy episode chocked full of goodness. If they could keep things going like this, with a little more coherence on super powers and story arcs, it might be the best show on television, instead of just my favorite.

The Good:

- Cisco. Who knew he could fight?

- Barry/Caitlyn.

- Barry stopping the bullet from burrowing itself in his neck.

- The comedy in this episode worked very well.

- Barry's singing voice.

- Henry/Barry.

The Bad:

- Some of the dialogue.

- Clay and Peek-A-Boo.

- Clay and Peek-A-Boo showing their faces while robbing a truck.

- The actor at the beginning of the episode who had to breathlessly thank Barry for saving his girlfriend.

- Team Flash just brushing off the fact that Hartley was able to escape.

- Clay Parker somehow managing to escape.

7/10. Very entertaining episode.

Yeah, I just really need more Reverse Flash stingers, moments, and teases. I hope they really start going a bit heavier on the RF subplot in these next episodes and really make it an epic build-up to the final episodes.

DUDE!! ARE YOU ^&*()*(ing ME!!
GRODD!! FREAKIN GRODD!!! (albeit in the shadows!) but that %^&*() WAS AWESOME!!! Now thats how you do some GRODD! that along was worth the price of admission!!
oh and the talk with Welsey Shipp (old flash) to Grant( young flash) was awesome and Heart warming!
and Catlin's "did you sneak a peek at the Goodies?!"
love it!! all this and MY BOY FIRESTORM NEXT WEEK! oooooohhhhh YEAHHHHH! I love it!!

Last edited:
I thought villains were kind of weak.

as for what i liked

Caitlin in that dress and in that bra:hrt:

Their so called date

Seeing henry allen again.

Introduction of Linda Park.

The ending with Grodd:yay:

lol; I actually thought the whole Barry and Linda Park making out sequence (that was shown in previous Promos) was going to be shown here but I'm actually glad that it wasn't...thus meaning that they get closer to each other in future episodes. It actually works out better since I would think that it would be kind of strange to have Linda Park all over Barry after only meeting him in a Bar within the duration of one episode.

But damn, is it wrong that I actually like seeing Barry with Caitlin?lol

Why on God's Green Earth did Danielle have to get stuck being the person that would become Killer Frost in the future? She's essentially the comic book Iris in so many ways, let alone this show's and Barry's version of "Felicity".

Nice to see some character developments with Cisqo and Caitlin. Glad to see Barry having a love interest or two with Linda Park. I smell a love triangle here.

Grodd at the end was done well with shadows.

I suppose that the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman didn't fight Grodd in the 70's then?!

Ok, so can we just skip the whole Iris/Linda thing and just have Barry and Caitlin get together, please? They're adorable together. Oh and Barry's dad knows that he's the Flash, he has to.

Nice to see some character developments with Cisqo and Caitlin. Glad to see Barry having a love interest or two with Linda Park. I smell a love triangle here.

It's possible that we may be in stored for a Four Way love tangle if they end up sparking a thing or two within Caitlin for Barry.

Ok, so can we just skip the whole Iris/Linda thing and just have Barry and Caitlin get together, please? They're adorable together. Oh and Barry's dad knows that he's the Flash, he has to.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Man, it's so weird on how...for the second show in a row (created by the same producers of Arrow) that the main lead ends up having more romantic chemistry with a female character that was most likely not designated for him to be romantically involved with from the start.

I mean I'm pretty sure Felicity was never meant, nor thought, to be a character that would end up becoming a romantic interest for Oliver when she was first created....and yet look at where that ship is at today.

Now we have Caitlin, who I think a lot of people can agree has more chemistry and romantic potential with Barry than Iris and Linda...two characters that were brought into the show with the intention of romance with Barry.

I almost laughed out loud when Cisco said, "You told me not to look for Ronnie, so I went out to look for Ronnie," or something like that.

Anyone else think Caitlin took the news that her fiance had bonded with a scientist surprisingly well?

I won't lie: I teared up during the final conversation between Barry and his dad.

I'm so glad Barry's decided to move on from Iris. Too bad it now appears she'll be jealous of Linda, so the love triangle won't end.

I need to see more Grodd.

They noticeably kept Grodd in the shadows. That's probably for budget reasons. Makes me wonder how they'll make him look good when/if he becomes a major force. Also, how does he play into all of this? The Rogues, Wells, etc all seem kind of connected. But Grodd, he's just off doing whatever right now. His cameo was cool, but also felt kind of disjointed with everything else that's going on.

Dude, that intro with Peek-a-boo was great. The way she was teleporting in the jail, with that music in the background. That **** was awesome.

For some reason,I got the feeling I missed an episode here.

First,I was thrown by the fact that the promos that suggested Barry somehow became an overnight Lothario (thankfully) had nothing to do with the episode.

Maybe I missed something,but when did Caitlyn start to "move on" from Ronnie? It also seemed strange how Cisco seemed to have had several conversations with or about the Piper that we weren't privy to.

Alright,now that I got that off my chest, this was a pretty good episode. The "villain" was good,despite being another fairly 2D character like several of the earliest ones. Her power set was a good foil for Flash. Caitlyn getting to name her was pretty cool.I liked Flash's rescue at the beginning as a completely unrelated bit of heroism.

This was pretty much Caitlyn's episode (Finally!).But...what was up with her? She seemed a bit off. I can see she probably has some "buried" feelings for Barry.But suddenly she's undressing in front of him and asking him to stay until she falls asleep.She was clearly pretty drunk,but it just seemed.....unearned to me. If they'd dedicated a 10th of the screentime to her instead of beating us over the head with Iris for the first 10 eps,it could've felt very sweet. Instead,it just felt like a crash course."Oh,yeah.You Caitlyn/Barry shippers?We got you covered.Here's one for you. Next week back to the usual"

Speaking of Iris,it seems the typical CW one step forward,two steps back. Barry looks to be moving on (with Linda) and now she looks despondent. Plus,despite Barry moving on,he still wants to do Iris special "Flash favors".

Cisco's scenes with the Piper were very cool. I was surprised they went back to him so quickly. I expected it to be a while before going back to Firestorm.But apparently,it's all systems go on that front.

My biggest problem the show,is the lack of John Wesley Shipp. In fact my only gripe with Joe West is that he's pretty much taken the role I envisioned for Shipp. We only get these nice moments from Shipp every 3 episodes or so,usually phone in hand,behind a sheet of glass.:csad: Still,he nailed it here again. Here's hoping they get him the hell outta that jail sooner rather than later. Now that "The man in yellow" has shown himself,it shouldn't take long to get his case re-opened.

Barry can sing! Who'd have known?:D

Grodd :woot:

That happened so quick I never really got a good look at him, However I gotta say that he looks great.

Can't wait to see what they do with Grodd. Overall solid episode, Barry and his dad had some good moments, the effects for Peek-A-Boo were pretty good and Pied Piper is still awesome.

Hell yes

-Cisco made a Vibe reference, and can throw down when necessary
-John Wesley Shipp has been great in every single one of his scenes on the show. I want to see more of his character... I just hope they don't kill off Joe to make it happen.
-Gorilla Grodd. Enough said.
-Drunk Dr Snow was pretty hilarious
-Was hoping to see them follow up on the Golden Glider teaser, but oh well
-Wondering when Piper will run into the Rogues

Great episode.

While Iris is no laurel,thank god,she is lacking as female Lead.

Caitlin could very well end up as the felicity of flash.

Hell of an episode, this show is so damn fun. Love how much depth the characters have with each other...

Also, Caitlin never looked better than with the hangover, in those sunglasses and hair pulled back; boom.

GRODD.

That was a surprisingly contrived way of getting Barry to sing. Still hope that they do a musical episode in a few seasons.

The Flash is the first show in awhile I cant wait to get home to watch. :woot: I was expecting Grodd to say something before he killed those two guys.
and that picture iris took of the Flash does it look like the same picture that was on Dr. Wells secret computer showing the future "Flash disappears in a Crisis" ?

That was a surprisingly contrived way of getting Barry to sing. Still hope that they do a musical episode in a few seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a "GOTG" ripoff by having Barry sing as the Flash in order to distract one of his enemies.lol It'd be pretty funny if he did that to someone like Grodd.

and that picture iris took of the Flash does it look like the same picture that was on Dr. Wells secret computer showing the future "Flash disappears in a Crisis" ?

I don't think it's the same picture. The picture that Wells has in his article features Barry in a costume that has a white emblem...not the red one that Barry currently has.

Good Episode. Caitlin is sooo hot and the disappearing girl was also pretty cute herself.

One of my favorite episodes so far, loved the ending with Barry and his dad, and the Grodd stinger was epic, can't wait to see what happens when Grodd makes his big debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"